Windows 10: Olympus DSS, problem with playback

Discus and support Olympus DSS, problem with playback in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use my Olympus DSS to record sound but I am unable to hear anything while plying the recording back. It refers to any format, computer speaker,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JimmySummers, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Olympus DSS, problem with playback

I use my Olympus DSS to record sound but I am unable to hear anything while plying the recording back. It refers to any format, computer speaker, external speaker and headphones. I checked the software on another computer and it works. So, the issue might be with my computer audio or playback settings.

:)

JimmySummers, Jun 11, 2019

2. Will Olympus DSS standard transcription module version 2.0.0.0 is compatible with Windows 10?

* Original Title: Windows 10 compatibility

Hi.

I am running windows 7 and use an Olympus DSS standard transcription module version 2.0.0.0.

Will this be compatible with Windows 10?

mciavase10, Jun 11, 2019
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    DSS

The DSS of which I am (only too) aware are the Data Security Standards of the Payment Card Industry, often abbreviated as PCI-DSS. There are mounds of information about this on the web. PCI-DSS is very detailed. Windows 10 supports DSS, but it's likely that
    many DSS devices (card readers, POS terminals, etc.) are not supported on Windows 10.

Is this what you had in mind when you asked your question?

BulldogXX, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Olympus DSS, problem with playback

Playback

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that it can be disappointing when something doesn’t work the way it should. We will look into this for you. In order to get clarity of the issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply
    with the answers to the questions below.

1. Is the issue particular with the Olympus DSS or are you not able to hear any audio from your system?
    2. Was there any major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the methods below and check if works for you.

Method 1: Set the default audio device.

Check if the appropriate audio device is selected for the audio output. To do that, please follow the steps below:

1. Right-click on the
      Speaker icon at the end of the Taskbar.
    2. Select Sounds, this will open the Sounds window for you.
    3. Click on the Playback tab.
    4. Select the desired device in the list of devices and click on the
      Set Default button.
    5. Click on Apply and then click on
      Ok.

If the default device is set appropriately and the issue still persists, please follow 'Method 2'.

Method 2: Allow exclusive control of the audio device.

1. Right-click on the
      Speaker icon at the end of the taskbar.
    2. Select Sounds, this will open the
      Sounds window for you.
    3. Click on the Playback tab.
    4. Select the desired device and click on
      Properties.
    5. In the upcoming window, click on the
      Advanced tab.
    6. Click on the check box for the
      Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.
    7. Restart your PC and check if the issue still persists.

If you require further assistance, please reply to this thread with the results of the troubleshooting steps. We will be happy to assist you.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Olympus DSS, problem with playback

1. Olympus DSS, problem with playback - Similar Threads - Olympus DSS problem

2. LAPS vs PCI DSS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    LAPS vs PCI DSS: I wanted to implement LAPS in my organization but it stores passwords in plaintext and I have to comply with PCI DSS requirements such as "Req. 8.2.1: Make all authentication information unreadable using **strong encryption** during transmission and **storage** on all system...
  3. Video Playback Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video Playback Problem: Videos on my computer have started to just freeze not buffer but just stop and I know it is not an internet connection problem because I can google stuff and even make this post Is there any way I can fix this. submitted by /u/Beanz_B0i [link] [comments]...
  4. Playback problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Playback problem: My question is why, for the love of God, do Windows updates always screw up everything. I recently allowed Windows updates, & a day later neither my video nor my audio worked. I finally got audio, but it's not as loud as it was previously. I still get a playback error -...
  5. DVD playback problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DVD playback problem: I just bought a brand new HP laptop with Windows 10 which came with a DVD player. I bought the Microsoft DVD program and downloaded it to my machine. While the DVDs play normally, if I pause playback to go do something and the machine enters sleep mode, when I come back and...
  6. olympus VG-130?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    olympus VG-130?: With windows 7, the camera was automatically detected and I was able to save the images. Now I have wind 10, connected the camera via USB, there is a sound but it does not appear. olympus VG-130 einrichten?
  7. Olympus voice recorder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Olympus voice recorder: How do I get my laptop to recognize my voice recorder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/olympus-voice-recorder/e49d88d1-dcfc-4b62-8e0d-fe0db75c0cc8
  8. Youtube playback problems

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube playback problems: My wife just bought a Lenovo Yoga Thinkpad..and she is unable to play YouTube videos. Any ideas? 24677
  9. sudden problem with video playback

in Browsers and Email
    sudden problem with video playback: I've had my share of problems with Windows 10 and video playback most of which I've resolved on my own. This is a new problem on a website, TMZ, that I watch every day. The error message says "click to enable adobe flash player" and of course when I click on it, nothing...
  10. Video Playback Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Video Playback Problem: I'm getting an error message quite frequently when I try to play a video on almost any website, such as YouTube The message reads: An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID:_VBAMBUYe5vqHN9kc6C). My Internet connection seems OK. I tried Googling the ID but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not compatible with Olympus DSS Standard

2. olympus dss not playing

3. olympus dictation module not playing out of headphones

4. unable to select speaker olympus,
  5. unable to hear transcription on olympus but can hear everything else