Windows 10: Om win10 pro 64 cant find how to run Defender

Discus and support Om win10 pro 64 cant find how to run Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I hget warnings that defender has found a virus, yet I cant find the thing to run it. When I type Defender in search box it just takes me o the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JOHNBYERS1, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Om win10 pro 64 cant find how to run Defender

I hget warnings that defender has found a virus, yet I cant find the thing to run it. When I type Defender in search box it just takes me o the firewall and nothing else done can allow me toi find the darned thing.. Im Win7 and 8 it was easy ad took seconds to find., but on this can of worms????

:)

JOHNBYERS1, Jun 24, 2020

2. Win7 Pro Upgrade 32 to Win10 Pro 64

Hello,

I have a PC which originally had Win Vista Business 32-bit, upgraded to Win7 Professional 32-bit, then did a clean install to Win10 Pro 64-bit using the installation media provided on Microsoft's website. I was unable to use my 32-bit keys to activate Win10
    Pro 64-bit. After some research, it seems I needed to upgrade from Win7 Professional 32-bit to Win10 Pro 32-bit using Windows Update or installation media, then take that key and write it down and use it later when I do a clean install of Win10 Pro 64-bit.

Before the clean install I used a program to find my product key for Win7 Pro 32-bit and wrote it down. If I wanted Win10 Pro 64-bit it seems I'd have to do another clean install of Win7 Pro 32, upgrade to Win10 Pro 32, then clean install Win10 Pro 64. Instead
    of doing this time consuming task, is there some way I can get a key from Microsoft for Win10 Pro 64 bit, provided I have proof of my keys? The PC is currently running Win10 Pro 64-bit and is not activated.

Thanks

coaster_man, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Bob H Mc Win User
    Migrating from Win7 Pro 32-bit to Win10 Pro 32-bit to Win10 Home 64-bit

My current computer started life with Win7 Pro 32-bit, and then I upgraded to Win10 Pro 32-bit with the free upgrade last summer. Now I'd like to switch to Win10 HOME 64-bit to take advantage of the extra memory I installed with my new mother board and CPU
    last week on which Win10 Pro 32-bit is running.

Can this change to 64-bit Win10 HOME be accomplished using the activation code from my current Win10 Pro 32-bit (essentially the activation code from Win7 Pro), or must I purchase a HOME edition?

Bob H Mc, Jun 24, 2020
  4. RonW13 Win User

Om win10 pro 64 cant find how to run Defender

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit to 32 bit downgrade

There must be a step-by-step process to follow in order to move an existing OS from Win10 pro 64 bit to 32 bit. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

RonW13, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Om win10 pro 64 cant find how to run Defender

1. Om win10 pro 64 cant find how to run Defender - Similar Threads - win10 pro cant

2. How to find a printer in Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to find a printer in Win10?: Hi How do I find and add a printer in Win10. I know it sounds pretty straight forward, but we have over 1000 printers on the network, so clicking "Add Printer" returns a fairly long list. It would be nice if I could search by location or just by name to find what I'm...
  3. Win10 64 bit Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 64 bit Pro: System says I have V1803. My computer has had no internet for couple of years. Today I hooked up to internet and tried to upgrade to V1909. Several hours later while 94% into upgrade INSTALL, I get a message saying unable to continue, system reboots and uninstalls what had...
  4. How do I find out if Defender is running? Run only on-demand

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I find out if Defender is running? Run only on-demand: How do I find out of Defender is currently running? If the shield icon is NOT appearing in Systray does NOT mean something. I have no shield icon in SysTray but I got occasionally notification popus/messages from Defender anyway that there are no threats. So Defender must...
  5. How do I find out of Defender is running? Run only on-demand

How do I find out of Defender is running? Run only on-demand: How do I find out of Defender is currently running? If the shield icon is NOT appearing in Systray does NOT mean something. I have no shield icon in SysTray but I got occasionally notification popus/messages from Defender anyway that there are no threats. So Defender must...
  6. Cant find minecraft for win10 after purchasing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant find minecraft for win10 after purchasing: Hey, I purchsed minecraft for win10, however I cant find it on my Library at the MS store. any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-minecraft-for-win10-after-purchasing/9d986fd6-92ee-4ed3-bd25-041b0ce8b038
  7. windows defender is no longer installed and cant find it

windows defender is no longer installed and cant find it: windows defender is no longer installed on my windows 10 and restoring my system does not reinstall it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-is-no-longer-installed-and-cant/97fafff4-13bb-4cda-b8f0-3c5dcfb02769
  8. Install failure Win10 pro 64 retail

Install failure Win10 pro 64 retail: In December I built a new computer and tried to install Win10 pro 64 retail on it using the USB flash drive I bought from New Egg. I kept getting a problem message "stop code: PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA" "What failed: WimFsf.sys". I had a friend take it to his work where...
  9. Cant access my Defender for windows 10 64-bit

Cant access my Defender for windows 10 64-bit: I noticed out of the blue I am now unable to open my Virus & Threat protection located in control panel. It says "your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization" in red and I cant change it. I have run malwarebytes and it has not found any malware or viruses....
  10. Cant Install win10 64 bit on a 64x based processor

Cant Install win10 64 bit on a 64x based processor: Hi, My system has below parts; Z370 A PRO motherboard i5-8600k cpu @3.60 ghz 1TB hdd and 250gb NVMe ssd 2x8GB Ram I bought windows home 10 32/64 bit usb type. When I boot for the first time, choose 64 bit option and it failed with this stopcode: 0xc000021a. I tried...