Windows 10: ome key not working after hardware change

Discus and support ome key not working after hardware change in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi there so I installed windows on my new pc using a ome key the key worked then I noticed I had a faulty motherboard so I had to get a replacement and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by callumconnelly, Jan 18, 2019.

1. ome key not working after hardware change

hi there so I installed windows on my new pc using a ome key the key worked then I noticed I had a faulty motherboard so I had to get a replacement and now my windows 10 install is saying that my key Is not valid

error code: 0xC004C060

HELP PLZ

:)

callumconnelly, Jan 18, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

ome key not working after hardware change

Both CTRL keys not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Did you make any changes in your computer prior to this issue?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Method 1: To check if Ctrl keys work in Onscreen keyboard.

• Press Windows Key + R and type osk and hit Enter.
    Try using Ctrl keys and check if that helps.

if you still face the issue, try Method 2.

Method 2: Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

ome key not working after hardware change

1. ome key not working after hardware change - Similar Threads - ome key working

2. Changed Hardware, Windows Key Will Not Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed Hardware, Windows Key Will Not Work: Hello. My PC was having problems so I made a new one. Before transferring over, I verified that I have a digital license on the old pc. I have the code, but when I put it into the new pc it says it is incorrect with the code: 0xc004f050. My old pc had windows 11 pro and I...
  3. Changed Hardware, Windows Key Will Not Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed Hardware, Windows Key Will Not Work: Hello. My PC was having problems so I made a new one. Before transferring over, I verified that I have a digital license on the old pc. I have the code, but when I put it into the new pc it says it is incorrect with the code: 0xc004f050. My old pc had windows 11 pro and I...
  4. ome of my key rent orking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ome of my key rent orking: ome of my key ont orkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ome-of-my-key-rent-orking/70d92ddc-4eb2-4926-aa5d-35201dc742cb
  5. ome of my key rent orking

ome of my key rent orking: ome of my key ont orkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ome-of-my-key-rent-orking/70d92ddc-4eb2-4926-aa5d-35201dc742cb
  6. ome of my key rent orking

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Changed hardware, windows key no longer works?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changed hardware, windows key no longer works?: Bought my desktop a while back and it came preinstalled with Windows 7.The key Im attempting to use is saying its not for the correct version of windows. Is there any way I can fix this?...
  8. Changed hardware, windows key no longer works?

Changed hardware, windows key no longer works?: Bought my desktop a while back and it came preinstalled with Windows 7.The key Im attempting to use is saying its not for the correct version of windows. Is there any way I can fix this?...
  9. Microsoft product key not working after hardware change

Microsoft product key not working after hardware change: My pc started out as a prebuilt and I upgraded the MB, GPU, and CPU along the way and windows worked fine with those. Then I figured out that the current setup I had was unstable and I had to get a new MB and CPU. After I booted up with the new parts, the Activate Windows...
  10. Activation not working after hardware change

Activation not working after hardware change: Hi. I followed the activation instructions for the hardware change, but activation does not work. I had linked the digital licence to Microsoft account before the hardware change. Now with new parts when I click the "troubleshoot" and "I changed hardware on this product...