Windows 10: Omen HP Windows 10: Did a safe reboot and login says incorrect password.

Discus and support Omen HP Windows 10: Did a safe reboot and login says incorrect password. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I performed a safe reboot on my laptop, and when I open it up, it asks for a password, and it says that all of them are incorrect. I know that the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by sachi_21, Mar 24, 2020.

1. sachi_21 Win User

Omen HP Windows 10: Did a safe reboot and login says incorrect password.

I performed a safe reboot on my laptop, and when I open it up, it asks for a password, and it says that all of them are incorrect. I know that the password is not my pin, and I have tried changing my microsoft password on a different device, all to no avail. I am comfortable with losing the data on my computer; I just want to know how to get past the login screen.

The display shows that I am not connected to the internet, and there is only the option to shutdown/restart or use accessibility tools. There are no other options available to me at this login point.

If someone would be able to grant me access to my laptop in any way, that would be a major help. I have called tech support and I was not able to be answered after waiting a few hours. Thank you so so much in advance.

:)

sachi_21, Mar 24, 2020
  2. zentrobi Win User

win10 login screen saying "welcome" then saying " incorrect password"

hi, my girlfriends computer recently locked her out, we where ****ing around with trying to delete the windows.old folder after a recent update(wouldn't let us because of missing ownership) so she logged out and when she wanted to login again then it would say "welcome" for around 10-15sec and then say " incorrect password" and now we are stuck at this not knowing what todo. we've tryed to boot it into safe mode, but that requires a password today, the recovery, go back to previus state, opening cmd, basicly every option requires a login(wich again is not possibel) so anyone who have any suggestions?

zentrobi, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Computer stuck at login, not connected to internet, says password is wrong, won’t let me boot up safe mode.

I have done it multiple times now, but the third load up does not initiate an automatic repair prompt or anything of the sort. It instead sends me to a recovery screen. In it, the next steps you listed are shown up until ‘start repair’, and instead the closest
    thing is startup repair. Upon trying it, It makes me select my account and sign in with my password, which it has constantly said is incorrect despite me using it to enter this site. If this is of any help, here is some additional information i wrote out before
    your first reply:

I have attempted to reboot to safe mode, open command prompt, and do System Restore, however, all of these prompt me to enter in my password, which again, says is incorrect. I’m also wary of changing my password incase the fact my computer isnt taking the
    correct one or the whole no networks available thing. I use an HP Omen computer, so the startup has the omen logo rather than the typical windows logo, though I doubt this is a factor.

TonyHattaway, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Omen HP Windows 10: Did a safe reboot and login says incorrect password.

Not able to login in safe mode windows 10 showing incorrect password

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

What is the exact error it gives when you try to enter the password?

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and check if you’re able to login using your Microsoft account.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2: Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

You can also refer to the below thread and check if it helps.

“Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.”

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Omen HP Windows 10: Did a safe reboot and login says incorrect password.

1. Omen HP Windows 10: Did a safe reboot and login says incorrect password. - Similar Threads - Omen Did safe

2. Windows 10 Saying it's the incorrect password, but there isn't one.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Saying it's the incorrect password, but there isn't one.: So, i just restarted my PC, and to my surprise, it's telling me that it's the wrong password. My PC doesn't have one, and it's not even asking me for one; just the button to click "sign in" like usual. But now, whenever i click on that, it tells me that my password is...
  3. Safe mode says incorrect password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe mode says incorrect password: I boosted minimal safe mode with msconfig, but now it doesnt accept my password. I tried every password, but none works. I even tried resetting my password on web and also safe mode with networking, but still didnt work. But, one password makes the computer say like "Welcome"...
  4. Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect

Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect: My computer was dead for a couple days because of charging problems that I have since fixed. While it was dead, I changed the username on my account. Then, when it started charging it immediately updated. Since then, I have been unable to sign in. No matter what password...
  5. Login password suddenly incorrect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login password suddenly incorrect: My little brother's computer does not allow him to login with the password anymore for some reason and i'm trying to figure it out why. What i am confident on is that we're typing in the correct password and that this occured sometime on friday. With that said though, is...
  6. My password says its incorrect in safe Mode

My password says its incorrect in safe Mode: So I have a file on my computer that I cant delete for some odd reason and I looked up ta tutorial how to do it and it requires me to go into safe mode and put my password in but it says its incorrect and ive changed the password but im wondering how do I remove the password...
  7. (Solved) Windows 10 1903 Safe mode says password is incorrect

(Solved) Windows 10 1903 Safe mode says password is incorrect: Hello, I am trying to log in to safe mode so that I can uninstall nvidia drivers but it says the password is incorrect even though it is definitely the right password. I tried the following: - safe mode with networking - reformatting PC then made a new password, same issue...
  8. Windows 10 1903 Safe mode says password is incorrect

Windows 10 1903 Safe mode says password is incorrect: Hello, I am trying to log in to safe mode so that I can uninstall nvidia drivers but it says the password is incorrect even though it is definitely the right password. I tried the following: - safe mode with networking - reformatting PC then made a new password, same issue...
  9. win10 login screen saying "welcome" then saying " incorrect password"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    win10 login screen saying "welcome" then saying " incorrect password": hi, my girlfriends computer recently locked her out, we where ****ing around with trying to delete the windows.old folder after a recent update(wouldn't let us because of missing ownership) so she logged out and when she wanted to login again then it would say "welcome" for...
  10. Incorrect password on Windows 10 login screen.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Incorrect password on Windows 10 login screen.: My parents are having an issue logging on to their computer. It seems that my mother miss-typed her microsoft email address when she activated it. Now she has a login in screen that asks for a password for the miss-typed account address. She cannot get past this screen since...