Windows 10: omnipage pro 18 and windows 10 creators update: crash

Discus and support omnipage pro 18 and windows 10 creators update: crash in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; omnipage pro 18 crashes before opening. using a windows 7 environment it opens 1 time out of 3 with the other attempts crashing. anyone else with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rboris, Jul 21, 2017.

1. rboris Win User

omnipage pro 18 and windows 10 creators update: crash

omnipage pro 18 crashes before opening.
    using a windows 7 environment it opens 1 time out of 3 with the other attempts crashing.
    anyone else with this problem?
    thank you in advance.

:)

rboris, Jul 21, 2017

2. OmniPage is not running in Windows 10

Hello Support, my problem! Sometimes OmniPage Ultimate is immediately started by Windows 10 Professional. Mostly, however, there is an error message and I have to click the error box away and then it goes again from the beginning. This occurred with the latest
    updates from Windows 10.

Have already tried everything.

Program uninstalled again draufgespielt scanner drivers de and re-installed and so on.

Maybe you can help?

Thank you in advance.

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Paul BerndSammer, Jul 21, 2017
  3. RBrattas Win User
    OmniPage is not running in Windows 10

I have run OmniPage 18 32 bit for long time on my computer, Dell, 16 GB RAM and 15TB harddisk, 64 bit, but OmniPage stopped to work one day, I reinstalled the program, but it never started again. I bought OmniPage Ultimate 32 bit and it worked fine. Now
    OmniPage Ultimate is not working anymore either. The program is hanging, it does not start. I run the program as administrator, but it does not start. It looks like OmniPage is waiting for a message to be answered. Does the program interfere with Microsoft
    Scan? The problem started when I installed Scan.

Any solution?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

RBrattas, Jul 21, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Berton, Jul 21, 2017
  5. rboris Win User
    Yes, I saw that on Amazon.
    I know that Nuance was successfully attacked by the ransomware outbreak several weeks ago. Their support phones have been down. (And their support is lousy in general.)
    Maybe Omnipage 18 tries to authenticate upon start to see if the license is valid. Mine is.
    I'll wait a few more weeks and then move to Abbyy Finereader.
    Thanks.

rboris, Jul 22, 2017
  6. Try3 Win User
    rboris,

This is a bit of a shot in the dark but does OmniPage show as version 18.1 in Control panel, Progs & features, [version column]? If not then when you eventually get through to Nuance support they should give you a temporary download link for 18.1. {You will then notice that the About dialog in OP itself will still say that it is 18.0 but Nuance support said that was "normal" and that the Progs & features version column is the data that matters.}

I called them because it was hanging at startup with jscript errors & with attempts to open IE for a couple of its own dll files but I have had no problems at all since installing 18.1.

Denis

7. rboris Win User
    Excellent tip.
    Control Panel Programs and Features shows 18 not 18.1.
    Thank you!!

rboris, Jul 22, 2017
  8. rboris Win User

I found the 18.1 update on my computer and installed it (after having removed the previous 18.0 version).
    Same problem: tries to load and then the windows error message saying the program has crashed.

Gave up: bought and installed Abbyy Fine Reader. No hiccups, no problems. Smaller footprint than Omnipage and faster. I've looked at many messages about Nuance the publisher of Omnipage. Most concur with my opinion that their support is terrible. Several mentioned that Nuance is now spending its development dollars on voice recognition and the optical resolution efforts are taking a back seat. Well, I am done with them.

rboris, Jul 22, 2017
  9. drjwolfe Win User
    I had the Omnipage 18 crash on the startup screen since the last Windows 10 update.
    I contacted their support email, and was happy to receive a reply within 12 hours.
    The solution they provided worked perfectly for me. It is below...

- Browse to : C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\OmniPage18
    - Delete the MapiLink.olk file.
    - Program should work now.

I hope that this solution helps others out there.

drjwolfe, Aug 21, 2017
  10. DouglasC Win User
    That worked for me too. Thanks for posting.

DouglasC, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. omnipage pro 18 and windows 10 creators update: crash - Similar Threads - omnipage pro creators

2. REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18 crashes Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    REFERENCE_BY_POINTER 18 crashes Windows 10: Hello...I've been experiencing issues with my Windows 10 system: all of a sudden I get orange and blue screens. Most of the times the error reported is REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I downloaded and installed Windbg to explore the problem, and it looks like the issue is with the NT...
  3. Does omnipage 15 software compatible with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does omnipage 15 software compatible with Windows 10: I have omnipage 15 which I could easily manipulate with my old computer. Is omnipage 15 software compatible with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-omnipage-15-software-compatible-with-windows/da152a43-e405-4a19-82fa-cdac7c3fd108
  4. Windows 10 Pro Update version 1809 (10-2-18)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Update version 1809 (10-2-18): On 10-3-2018, I updated Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on my desktop PC to the October 2018 version 1809 update. The version 1809 update deleted all of my personal files (all documents, pictures, videos & Firefox 64 bookmarks). I have backups for all of these personal documents. I...
  5. Teamviewer hangs Windows 10 Pro Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teamviewer hangs Windows 10 Pro Creator's Update: Hello! I have recently upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Edition 32-bit (v1607) to Windows 10 Pro Creator's Update 32-bit (v1706). One thing I noticed is that TeamViewer hangs after a few seconds when I connect to the laptop remotely from another computer....
  6. Windows 10 Creators Update Crashing Frequently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Creators Update Crashing Frequently: Please help! I updated to the Windows 10 Creators Update about three weeks ago and it has destroyed my computer's reliability. I am getting crashes daily, sometimes twice daily, and I don't know why. The crashes always happen while I've stepped away from the computer - I've...
  7. Windows 10 creators update constant crashing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 creators update constant crashing: This pc has run smoothly for quite a while now, until the creators update. now, it crashes every day. I was getting windows out of memory crashes, but i installed the latest drivers for chipset, both lan, bluetooth, vga, and audio. I even rolled back my gpu driver to 372....
  8. Windows 10 media creator for pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 media creator for pro?: Does anybody know where I can get the media creator that gives me the option to select home or pro? It just shows windows 10 and downloads home. PC was upgraded via windows update but im now selling the machine and pulling my ssd out and putting the old drive back in that is...
  9. Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released: This is a big day! Today we opened access to download the Windows 10 Creators Update and, along with it, the Creators Update SDK. And today is a great day for all Windows developers to get the SDK and start building amazing apps that take advantage of new platform...
  10. Windows 10 Creators Update crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Creators Update crash: Hi all Just had a freeze of my windows 10 when I was out of the room. I was streaming a radio station and left Cent (Chrome clone) browser open and when I came back to the PC the sound was glitching, like repeating a sound very quickly and mouse and keyboard had frozen....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. omnipage 18 windows 10

2. omnipage 18 windows 10 update

3. omnipage 18 update

4. omnipage hangs on start,
  5. omipage,
  6. omnipage windows 10 update,
  7. omnipage for windows 10,
  8. can omnipage 18 be installed on windows 10,
  9. will omnipage 18 run on windows 10,
  10. omnipage 18 add workflow to convert now contezt menu,
  11. omnipage pro 18 windows 10,