Windows 10: On-Battery Screen Brightness Too Dark After Win8.1->Win10 Update

Discus and support On-Battery Screen Brightness Too Dark After Win8.1->Win10 Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, after updating to Windows 10, I am not able to get the screen brightness to 100% anymore (it is shown to be 100%, but plugging my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Schnurz, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Schnurz Win User

On-Battery Screen Brightness Too Dark After Win8.1->Win10 Update

Hey guys,

after updating to Windows 10, I am not able to get the screen brightness to 100% anymore (it is shown to be 100%, but plugging my laptop in, screen brightness will increase to maximum brightness). Screen settings are as shown below.

On-Battery Screen Brightness Too Dark After Win8.1->Win10 Update [​IMG]

Maybe anyone has an idea?

I also tried using the command line:

This allows me to change the brightness, however 100% is still not really 100% when on battery.

:)

Schnurz, Aug 21, 2015

2. On-Battery Screen Brightness Too Dark After Win8.1->Win10 Update

Hey guys,

after updating to Windows 10, I am not able to get the screen brightness to 100% anymore (it is shown to be 100%, but plugging my laptop in, screen brightness will increase to maximum brightness). Screen
    settings are as shown below.

Maybe anyone has an idea?

I also tried using the command line:

Schnurz321, Aug 21, 2015
  3. On-Battery Screen Brightness Too Dark After Win8.1->Win10 Update

Hi Schnurz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Have you tried adjusting screen Brightness in System tray through battery icon?

Suggest you to check and update Display/Graphics drivers for Windows 10 from device Manufacturer's website. Most probability it will fix the issue.

Try installing drivers in compatibility mode if incase of no latest driver available.
    Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Right-click on the application setup file and click on
    ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if problem still persist, we're glad to assist you. Hope this will address your query.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 21, 2015
  4. On-Battery Screen Brightness Too Dark After Win8.1->Win10 Update

Hello,
    Are you talking about when the PC is on battery the screen brightness is not max?
    If so then since you have it on 100% it should be the same but some times you will have to put down then back up the brightness when going on battery because it will auto adjust to low automatically to save battery power.

1029rjmenvy17t, Aug 21, 2015
Thema:

On-Battery Screen Brightness Too Dark After Win8.1->Win10 Update

1. On-Battery Screen Brightness Too Dark After Win8.1->Win10 Update - Similar Threads - Battery Screen Brightness

2. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  3. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  4. screen too dark when outdoors

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen too dark when outdoors: Hello!I need some help...Whenever I use my laptop outdoors I can barely see and read my screen.I have maximized brightness using the slide bar.But the problem remains.I was wondering if there is an option about the battery management for example what portion of the battery is...
  5. Screen brightness too high

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen brightness too high: So i update my display drivers today,and my screen suddenly became all bright,i am using windows 10 version 1709 and my moniter brightness is already at the lowest....how do i fix this submitted by /u/Zuala69 [link] [comments]...
  6. 0% brightness is too much in a dark Room . How to configure minimum brightness on laptop...

0% brightness is too much in a dark Room . How to configure minimum brightness on laptop...: I would like to know if there is a way to continue to lower the backlight brightness when the brightness slider is already on the 0%. Since I need a dimmer screen. I'm using a laptop, so there's no physical buttons that control monitor brightness. I have correctly...
  7. screen goes dark after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screen goes dark after 1 minute: Why does the screen on a portable go dark after a minute without use when all power sleep settings are set to never. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-dark-after-1-minute/9dd5e98f-0d5f-4e25-9086-13bd9679e0bb
  8. hp labtop screen too dark

hp labtop screen too dark: how can i get my laptop display to its original screen present screen too darkhp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/hp-labtop-screen-too-dark/492b1142-d943-456e-bed0-6774b3be0747
  9. 1TB hard disk disappears after Win10 update from Win8

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1TB hard disk disappears after Win10 update from Win8: I have a new Aspire V Nitro Series laptop that was running Windows 8. These are the original hard disk specs: C: 256GB SSD D: 1TB SATA After I upgraded to Win10, I am left with only this: C: 128GB 12034
  10. Hmm... Overall I think Win8(.1 update 1) is better than Win10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hmm... Overall I think Win8(.1 update 1) is better than Win10.: "Reset This PC" Confusion Firstly it seems MS have gotten-rid of the 'Refresh This PC' terminology to describe the distinction between keeping files but keeping settings/apps intact, or removing both files and apps/settings (the old Reset This PC). After you make this first...