Windows 10: On boot: 70%+ of ram in use (out of 16gb) - where is it?

Discus and support On boot: 70%+ of ram in use (out of 16gb) - where is it? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, So recently I've been having ram issues on my desktop. On boot up, after logging in I will have upwards of 11gb of ram 'in use' before even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cooksauce, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Cooksauce Win User

On boot: 70%+ of ram in use (out of 16gb) - where is it?

Hello,

So recently I've been having ram issues on my desktop. On boot up, after logging in I will have upwards of 11gb of ram 'in use' before even opening applications.

Is this normal? Booting in safemode yields around 1-2gb of ram at startup.

The computer seems much slower than it used to be. (i5-6600K, 256 GB Nvme Bootdrip, 500GB sata SSD additional, GTX 970)

As you can see the last bios time was over 13 seconds.

Any idea where the hidden memory usage is coming from?

On boot: 70%+ of ram in use (out of 16gb) - where is it? c7bcfe7f-66fd-40e4-bf15-615284f6d614?upload=true.png

-------------

On boot: 70%+ of ram in use (out of 16gb) - where is it? d641e78e-4991-4e4b-a81c-8006737c31f3?upload=true.png

---------
    On boot: 70%+ of ram in use (out of 16gb) - where is it? 76dce96f-6b85-4d16-ace3-a1d775d93313?upload=true.png

------------------
    On boot: 70%+ of ram in use (out of 16gb) - where is it? 6729128d-cab4-4f27-8494-0a8fefdec3fa?upload=true.png

:)

Cooksauce, Apr 5, 2019
  2. essenbe Win User

Trying to upgrade from 8GB to 16GB - won't boot at 16GB

Right, which makes no difference. But that ram is pretty much the same and the board has the same chipset, so what the store suggested should work. But, see if they have a 16GB kit.

essenbe, Apr 5, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    z97x gaming 5 with 16gb Ram

for sure. Th 1866 support will come from the IMC on the CPU, and the board will support 16GB easily. Check the motherboard manufacturer compatibility listing to be totally certain the brand of RAM will work.

Many additional brands will work, but have not been tested to make their list, so you'd be on your own if not on the list.

rtwjunkie, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

1. On boot: 70%+ of ram in use (out of 16gb) - where is it? - Similar Threads - boot 70%+ ram

2. RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?: I hope you can understand my problem from the title, but let me explain a bit further.I'm no genius when it comes to computers, but this feels weird.Yes, i've tried to search a solution, but what seems most reasonable is a hardware problem so before i take it to an expert i'd...
  3. RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?: I hope you can understand my problem from the title, but let me explain a bit further.I'm no genius when it comes to computers, but this feels weird.Yes, i've tried to search a solution, but what seems most reasonable is a hardware problem so before i take it to an expert i'd...
  4. 16gb ram but only 7.93gb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    16gb ram but only 7.93gb: I have a 16gb ram and windows shows 2x8 but in the control panel it shows that 16gb 7.93 usable I tried everything but it didn't work I noticed that the rest of the frame is used by HARDWARE RESERVED 8.1gb usable so the "hardware reserved" frame would be used by someone...
  5. 16Gb RAM on Ideapad?

16Gb RAM on Ideapad?: Hello everybody Since I am reaching the limits of image processing with my 8Gb Ram on my Lenovo Ideapad C340-14Iml, I want to upgrade the Ram. Can I do that with the necessary tools alone? Yes, I know that then the warranty expires. And how much is it? Can you send me a...
  6. 16GB Ram for Ideapad?

16GB Ram for Ideapad?: Hello everybody Since I am reaching the limits of image processing with my 8Gb Ram on my Lenovo Ideapad C340-14Iml, I want to upgrade the Ram. Can I do that with the necessary tools alone? Yes, I know that then the warranty expires. And how much is it? Can you send me a...
  7. PC not using all 16GB of Ram.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not using all 16GB of Ram.: [ATTACH] I have 16GB of ram on my PC, but when only using a few GB of ram task manager shows I am using almost half of my RAM. submitted by /u/Waylenwasywas [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/exznru/pc_not_using_all_16gb_of_ram/
  8. 8gb out of 16gb of my ram is Usable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8gb out of 16gb of my ram is Usable?: So For the Past 2 days I've been trying to fix my computer ever since I got a new Processor for Christmas. I've tried every solution and nothing has worked. Please help 1.Set VM to 0 in Boot Settings 2. Reduced VM in Performance settings 3.Checked my ram physically and...
  9. Windows is using ~70% RAM

Windows is using ~70% RAM: I have 16 GB of Ram, only use 800 GB of 2 TB of my hard drive, but for some strange my RAM is constanty over 70%. Windows has over 60 processes open witch every uses 80 MB Ram. i have this issue since 2 days, i never had any problems before....
  10. Hardware Reserved Ram 32Gb installed 16Gb In Use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware Reserved Ram 32Gb installed 16Gb In Use: I just bought one more stick of ram off amazon (Ballistix Gaming Memory 16Gb DDR4 3200), I installed the ram to my recommended slot (a1). I opened up task manager it said, Memory 32 GB 15.9 GB usage. I checked bios it said 16 GB capacity but it showed it sees my two sticks of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 70% ram usage crashes

2. 70% of memory is used

3. 70% memory usage in game 16gb ram