Windows 10: On boot and login, windows no longer points to my user name

Discus and support On boot and login, windows no longer points to my user name in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; On boot and login, windows no longer points to my user name, but instead points to TEMP login... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Bard Skye, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Bard Skye Win User

On boot and login, windows no longer points to my user name

On boot and login, windows no longer points to my user name, but instead points to TEMP login

:)

Bard Skye, Apr 22, 2020

2. Change the user name in Windows 10

Hi Rick,

Thank you for writing us back.

Are both the accounts are admin account?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: To determine the user account type:

• Login to any account.

• Press Windows key+X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Click on User accounts.

• Your user account will show and below that it will show your local account or admin account.

• Once you know about the account type.

• You can go to user account and change the name.

• Press Windows key+R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the account and click on properties.

• Change the user name and click on apply and then ok and one more time click on ok on the main screen.

• Reboot the computer and check if it helps

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Bard Skye Win User
    Windows login points to wrong user folder

An error during login caused Windows 10 to create a new user folder named TEMP and has redirected my login to it. My user folder is still present and all subfolders and files appear to be intact.

How do I get my login to point back to the folder with my user name?

Bard Skye, Apr 22, 2020
  4. On boot and login, windows no longer points to my user name

Change the user name in Windows 10

THANK YOU!! this worked perfectly!!

StephanieW1, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

On boot and login, windows no longer points to my user name

1. On boot and login, windows no longer points to my user name - Similar Threads - boot login longer

2. Changing login user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing login user name: So say I have a user that has to manually type their user name,Where would I change the name that they would have to type? Not the lock screen display name But the login name that they would physically have to type.Thanks!...
  3. Changing login user name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing login user name: So say I have a user that has to manually type their user name,Where would I change the name that they would have to type? Not the lock screen display name But the login name that they would physically have to type.Thanks!...
  4. Changing login user name

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. change user/login name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change user/login name?: When installing W10 it asks for the name of the user, I wasn't sure how this was used and entered my full name :First Last".Now I see that it uses this for the full user ID, including the "c:/users/username" path.I want to change that, so that I have C:/users/lastName no...
  6. change user/login name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change user/login name?: When installing W10 it asks for the name of the user, I wasn't sure how this was used and entered my full name :First Last".Now I see that it uses this for the full user ID, including the "c:/users/username" path.I want to change that, so that I have C:/users/lastName no...
  7. change user/login name?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Duplicate user name in windows login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate user name in windows login: I have two identical names on windows startup. I used Netplwiz and there is only one user in the user accounts panel. How do I eliminate the duplicate name? It was working properly until my system crashed. Now the log-in doesn't work with facial recognition or PIN. I...
  9. Windows login points to wrong user folder

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows login points to wrong user folder: An error during login caused Windows 10 to create a new user folder named TEMP and has redirected my login to it. My user folder is still present and all subfolders and files appear to be intact. How do I get my login to point back to the folder with my user name?...
  10. Duplicate user name at login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Duplicate user name at login: appeI'm running Widows 10 on my MacBook via Parallels Desktop. When the W10 login screen appears, I get my user name appear and it logs itself in but is declined. Next, my user name is displayed twice and I click the top one and enter my PIN number and I'm logged in. I would...