Windows 10: On boot gets past windows loading then black screen

Discus and support On boot gets past windows loading then black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I have got a Dell Latitude E6420 that after it gets past the Windows 10 loading screen after being turned on the screen goes black (backlight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PhilBing1, Dec 18, 2019.

1. PhilBing1 Win User

On boot gets past windows loading then black screen

Hello

I have got a Dell Latitude E6420 that after it gets past the Windows 10 loading screen after being turned on the screen goes black (backlight is on though). If you plug in an external screen you can see the desktop with no issues. I have tried updating the graphic drivers, reinstalling and replacing the SSD inside it. I have also tried reseating the screen cable but I am not sure how that helps as it can display things on the screen but for some reason doesn't

:)

PhilBing1, Dec 18, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Dec 18, 2019
  3. BigRob Win User
    Dell Ispiron Black Screen After Loading Windows

Hello again,

Okay... I have a dell ispirion 1545 and it will not load into windows.. i can load up the comp, it gets to resuming windows and boots into a black screen but the kicker is the mouse is responsive.. wut do? *Confused On boot gets past windows loading then black screen :confused:

BigRob, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Micah Bat Win User

PC won't boot after Windows loading screen!

Hi,

An Automatic Repair or Startup Repair can help you resolve your concern. This tool is used when you cannot boot your Windows properly. To run Startup Repair, you can go through
    Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Restart now (Under
    Advanced start-up
    ). However, since you cannot enter your Desktop, we suggest you to force fail your computer. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Boot your computer.
    • While on the logo screen, do a force shutdown by pressing the Start button.
    • Wait until you see "Preparing Automatic Repair" appears. If it doesn't appear, repeat the steps until it do so.
    • After the loading screen, you will have a black screen and another loading screen will appear.

By then, it will now diagnose your computer and will do an Automatic Repair.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

1. On boot gets past windows loading then black screen - Similar Threads - boot gets past

2. Cannot Get Past Windows 10 Loading Screen

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cannot Get Past Windows 10 Loading Screen: Hi, I've had a really frustrating day trying to get my computer back up and running but I have very little technical knowledge to help me. I built the computer myself 4 years ago and it has been running fine in general; however, there have been times where it failed to...
  3. it loads on its normal boot screen, and then it goes black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    it loads on its normal boot screen, and then it goes black: I had just fixed the restart error and now, it is doing this thing where it loads on its normal boot screen, and then it goes black, then back to the preparing screen, and then to the 64% loading screen. Please help me i cannot fix it....
  4. Computer not going past loading screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer not going past loading screen: Hello, i have an Acer Nitro 5 Laptop and just recently updated my windows 10, when i went to go and start up it would not let me and gave me a code. I automatically reset my computer and kept the files and now the code is reading “driver_pnp_watchdog”. Ive tried doing alt +...
  5. Windows won't load past BIOS screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't load past BIOS screen: The other day my computer froze. I waited a decent amount of time and things like ctrl-alt-del weren't working. A hard restart seemed like the only option. I proceeded with the hard restart but when it came back on the motherboard title page popped up like normal but didn't...
  6. Black screens after loading Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screens after loading Windows: When I have two displays connected windows loads into black screen and my displays say there is no signal, and the PC is on and I can hear windows in the background. But windows will work and display work with only one display connected, with either display....
  7. Can't get past ASUS loading screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get past ASUS loading screen: I had turned on my laptop and gotten passed the loading screen, but the laptop ended up freezing so I shut it off. Now, I can't get passed the loading screen. I got into the BIOS menu, and had no clue what to do with it. I've tried accessing the Advanced settings menu but it...
  8. Black loading screen delay

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black loading screen delay: When i boot up or reboot my Windows 10 pro after the windows logo is gone i get a black screen flicker once with my mouse loading along with for at least 10 to 15 seconds... not sure if it's a video card issue or what... i have a radeon HD 6570 but it really makes the boot up...
  9. Stuck in loading or black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck in loading or black screen: I tried to change my pagefile on my computer, then restarted it. After restarting it, when I try to log in it gets stuck in the loading screen. I decided to try the reset option clearing all data from it, but this ends in a black screen/no input to my screen. Anyone have...
  10. Black screen and no mouse after Windows 10 upgrade, how to get past?

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen and no mouse after Windows 10 upgrade, how to get past?: Hello, I upgraded my 4th computer that was pretty old to Windows 10 today. It booted in fine after install, but it looked as if I was in a sort of safe mode, as mu graphics display driver was apparently not good. Windows told me it was going to install another graphics...