Windows 10: On boot gets past windows loading then black screen

Discus and support On boot gets past windows loading then black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I have got a Dell Latitude E6420 that after it gets past the Windows 10 loading screen after being turned on the screen goes black (backlight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PhilBing1, Dec 18, 2019.

1. PhilBing1 Win User

On boot gets past windows loading then black screen

Hello

I have got a Dell Latitude E6420 that after it gets past the Windows 10 loading screen after being turned on the screen goes black (backlight is on though). If you plug in an external screen you can see the desktop with no issues. I have tried updating the graphic drivers, reinstalling and replacing the SSD inside it. I have also tried reseating the screen cable but I am not sure how that helps as it can display things on the screen but for some reason doesn't

:)

PhilBing1, Dec 18, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Dec 18, 2019
  3. BigRob Win User
    Dell Ispiron Black Screen After Loading Windows

Hello again,

Okay... I have a dell ispirion 1545 and it will not load into windows.. i can load up the comp, it gets to resuming windows and boots into a black screen but the kicker is the mouse is responsive.. wut do? *Confused On boot gets past windows loading then black screen :confused:

BigRob, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Micah Bat Win User

PC won't boot after Windows loading screen!

Hi,

An Automatic Repair or Startup Repair can help you resolve your concern. This tool is used when you cannot boot your Windows properly. To run Startup Repair, you can go through
    Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Restart now (Under
    Advanced start-up
    ). However, since you cannot enter your Desktop, we suggest you to force fail your computer. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Boot your computer.
    • While on the logo screen, do a force shutdown by pressing the Start button.
    • Wait until you see "Preparing Automatic Repair" appears. If it doesn't appear, repeat the steps until it do so.
    • After the loading screen, you will have a black screen and another loading screen will appear.

By then, it will now diagnose your computer and will do an Automatic Repair.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

1. On boot gets past windows loading then black screen - Similar Threads - boot gets past

2. Cannot get past a black screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot get past a black screen: When I try to open the advanced start up settings my computer blue screens and saids “your pc has ran into a problem and needs to restart” which doesn’t restart but turn off my computers I can not get into safe mode either. My computer blue screened while I was playing a game...
  3. Cannot get past a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get past a black screen: When I try to open the advanced start up settings my computer blue screens and saids “your pc has ran into a problem and needs to restart” which doesn’t restart but turn off my computers I can not get into safe mode either. My computer blue screened while I was playing a game...
  4. Cannot get past a black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows stuck on black loading screen after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stuck on black loading screen after boot: A program I was running crashed on open leaving me with a black screen that I couldn't interact with at all so I force restart. The computer restarts and is stuck on the black loading screen the one with the circle of dots. I have tried restarting it multiple times and have...
  6. Windows stuck on black loading screen after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stuck on black loading screen after boot: A program I was running crashed on open leaving me with a black screen that I couldn't interact with at all so I force restart. The computer restarts and is stuck on the black loading screen the one with the circle of dots. I have tried restarting it multiple times and have...
  7. Windows stuck on black loading screen after boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 7 not loading past Windows loading screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 not loading past Windows loading screen: HiMy PC lost power and was forced to close to lack of power.I have attempted to load the computer today and it will not load past the Windows 7 loading screenI can load the computer in safe mode then select, selective start-up with load system services, load start-up items...
  9. Cannot Get Past Windows 10 Loading Screen

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cannot Get Past Windows 10 Loading Screen: Hi, I've had a really frustrating day trying to get my computer back up and running but I have very little technical knowledge to help me. I built the computer myself 4 years ago and it has been running fine in general; however, there have been times where it failed to...
  10. Can't get past ASUS loading screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get past ASUS loading screen: I had turned on my laptop and gotten passed the loading screen, but the laptop ended up freezing so I shut it off. Now, I can't get passed the loading screen. I got into the BIOS menu, and had no clue what to do with it. I've tried accessing the Advanced settings menu but it...