Windows 10: On boot up when opening new windows the data is missing

Discus and support On boot up when opening new windows the data is missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Window 10 64 latest updates. For the last couple of months when I start up all seems normal untill I right click on my Norton icon in the tray to do a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by k3jht, Feb 8, 2019.

1. k3jht Win User

On boot up when opening new windows the data is missing

Window 10 64 latest updates. For the last couple of months when I start up all seems normal untill I right click on my Norton icon in the tray to do a live update. The window opens but is mostly blank. If I run the mouse over it the options appear but go away. Any window I open will be mostly blank. Reboot clears the problem but sometimes I have to do this several time. Also, simetimes this happens when the system has been running for a time. Picture of screen attached.

On boot up when opening new windows the data is missing [​IMG]

:)

k3jht, Feb 8, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information WINDOWS 10

Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information

Upon reboot, I ge the following message:
    "Recovery
    Your PC needs to be repaired
    The Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information.
    File: \BCD
    Error Code: 0x000000d

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media, If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer."

I've followed steps of doing bootrec/rebuildbcd - it says "add installation to boot list? Yes(Y)/No(N)/All(A) - I've tried to select Yes and All but it comes up with the requested system device cannot be found.

I really don't want to lose my data so any suggestions would be great?

**Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate / PC**

AimeeReid123, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

1. On boot up when opening new windows the data is missing - Similar Threads - boot opening data

2. data missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    data missing: how do i get data back that is lost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-missing/f35f40eb-b7b6-438d-9a59-791f19978981
  3. Windows boot manager configuration data is missing or contains errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows boot manager configuration data is missing or contains errors: Computer wont start, said it was repairing c:drive but now it wont start and keeps going to boot manager where it says configuration data is missing or contains errors. Status: 0xc0000225. What does that mean?...
  4. The boot configuration Data for your Pc is missing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The boot configuration Data for your Pc is missing.: Status -0xc0000102 I'm trying to format my laptop using bootable pen drive but when I'm trying to delete the particisions it's showing Error-0x800701e3. Please Help...
  5. data missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    data missing: Hi, I was using an application when suddenly all the data from my desktop went missing. All the files and folders. I have done extensive searching but its not showing. Only shortcuts are visible after clicking on which it says 'file must have been moved or renamed.' Can...
  6. Missing data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing data: just had a microsoft update and everything is gone. Also my pc did not recognize my user name and password. what happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-data/9e4ff4e8-50f0-4295-a359-a6ee5269ff4c"
  7. The boot configuration data store could not be opened

in Windows 10 News
    The boot configuration data store could not be opened: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]BCD or Boot Configuration Data files contain instructions that are needed by Windows to boot correctly. If you have a problem booting up your computer, the chances are that is caused by a misconfiguration or even corrupted BCD files. If while [...] This post...
  8. When Windows boots up, it automatically opens a Word.doc

in Windows 10 Customization
    When Windows boots up, it automatically opens a Word.doc: A few days ago, whenever I boot up, Windows 10 opens a specific Word.doc that I have stored in my pc. The document isn't listed in the Start menu. I didn't change a setting to make this happen. What setting can I change so it won't do this?...
  9. boot configuration data is missing or contain error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    boot configuration data is missing or contain error: what recovery tools are needed to fix error code 0xc00000039 windows 10 on acer switch 10 * Moved from Community Participation Center * Moved from: Windows 10 / Performance & system failures...
  10. Boot up hit and miss!

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot up hit and miss!: Over the last couple of weeks my boot up has been very hit and miss, when it misses I get the message, 'Reboot and select proper boot device', I switch off and after a couple of tries all works fine. When I look in the Boot Option, 1st Boot Device is 'Windows Boot...