Windows 10: On boot up, Windows shows wrong time and resets my RAM speed. Please help!

Discus and support On boot up, Windows shows wrong time and resets my RAM speed. Please help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So this has been happening intermittently, maybe twice a week for a while now. I just booted up my computer again and it says that it is currently 3:41... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fureshyu, Jan 7, 2021.

1. On boot up, Windows shows wrong time and resets my RAM speed. Please help!

So this has been happening intermittently, maybe twice a week for a while now. I just booted up my computer again and it says that it is currently 3:41 AM Jan 6 2021 (it is 9:41 PM Jan 6 2021).

Set time automatically is on. I have to press synchronize your clock to make the time correct again. Now this wouldn't normally bother me. However, when I check my RAM speeds inside of task manager, it shows 2133mhz instead of 3600.

I have to go into the bios every time to make sure the XMP profile is active. This leads me to believe that something is being reset on cold boot? This doesn't happen on a reboot. Please help, any advice is greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/fureshyu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fureshyu, Jan 7, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Ram Speeds

Hi dhruvk1

Windows does have problems reading hardware specs, the only true way to see the clock speed of your RAM is by booting into BIOS and checking there under System Configuration . ..

While the specs page for your laptop list 2400Mhz, it is possible at the time of manufacturer 2666Mhz may have been installed . . .

DaveM121, Jan 7, 2021
  3. essenbe Win User
    Wrong RAM speed in Windows Task Manager

2133 is the "default" frequency of the Motherboard. When you first boot up, the motherboard has to know a frequency and timings within it's default parameters. If you never change it, the ram will run at that speed, which for the X99 board is 2133. If you set XMP in the bios, the motherboard will read the XMP timings and frequency. It is not uncommon to have more than 1 XMP setting, you can chose whichever one you want. All of this is done by the Motherboard's BIOS, not the OS. CPUz will show all of this under the SPD tab. The ram will run at the default timings until it is changed. So, it is quite possible to see the same ram models running at several different speeds and timings.

On boot up, Windows shows wrong time and resets my RAM speed. Please help! [​IMG]

essenbe, Jan 7, 2021
  4. On boot up, Windows shows wrong time and resets my RAM speed. Please help!

How to speed up Boot time WIndows 10

Hi Parth,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try performing a clean boot and check the boot speed is increased then the normal start.
    A clean boot helps to verify if any third party application services or startup item is causing the slow boot.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Disclaimer: After you have finished the troubleshooting, refer to the section
    “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” to boot the system in normal startup.

Note: The above link contain steps for Windows 7/8.1 but it work as good for Windows 10 also.

You may also try to run Disk clean up to cleaning your hard disk to remove temporary files, emptying the Recycle Bin, and getting rid of system files you don't need any more:

• Click the Start button, type Disk Cleanup in the search box, and then click
      Disk Cleanup in the list of results.

• After the utility runs, you'll see how much disk space you can free up to increase the boot speed.

• Click OK, and then click Delete Files.
    Hope this information helps. Please post back with the results we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

On boot up, Windows shows wrong time and resets my RAM speed. Please help!

1. On boot up, Windows shows wrong time and resets my RAM speed. Please help! - Similar Threads - boot shows wrong

2. My computer will not boot up help please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer will not boot up help please: My system says but up failure needs to reinstall a file how do I go about doing that if I don't have a disk anymore or USB flash drive with my window on it if anyone could help me....
  3. Factory reset goes wrong? Please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset goes wrong? Please help: Hello all! I decided to full factory reset my PC today and it didn't end as planned. I saved a few personal files, but ultimately wanted a clean slate. When I log into my username which is still there for some reason it tells me the user isn't found. I tried to troubleshoot...
  4. Factory reset goes wrong? Please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset goes wrong? Please help: Hello all! I decided to full factory reset my PC today and it didn't end as planned. I saved a few personal files, but ultimately wanted a clean slate. When I log into my username which is still there for some reason it tells me the user isn't found. I tried to troubleshoot...
  5. Factory reset goes wrong? Please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Will a fresh install speed up boot times?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will a fresh install speed up boot times?: Hello, so a year ago I changed from a hard drive on my laptop to ssd. I cloned the hdd to ssd and used my laptop like normal. I noticed a big difference in system performance but not in boot times.My old hdd read and write speeds were around 40mb. My new ssd is 500/500....
  7. Task manager showing wrong ram speed.........

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager showing wrong ram speed.........: I want to upgrade my Sony Vaio laptop from 4gb ram to 8gb ram, and I wanted to check the speed of the ram module, so when I went to task manager, it shows the speed of the ram is 20307 mhz. And then I realized this is wrong. 20 THOUSAND 3 HUNDRED SEVEN mhz. What!? The ram...
  8. Will adding RAM will help to speed up my PC?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Will adding RAM will help to speed up my PC?: Hi, I was thinking to add additional RAM on my computer to make it faster. I know that in some cases adding memory will not make any difference because there is a certain limit with the motherboard, I am not sure if I understand how that works. Attached is the snippet showing...
  9. Will adding RAM will help to speed up my PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will adding RAM will help to speed up my PC?: Hi, I was thinking to add additional RAM on my computer to make it faster. I know that in some cases adding memory will not make any difference because there is a certain limit with the motherboard, I am not sure if I understand how that works. Attached is the snippet showing...
  10. Wrong RAM speed in Windows Task Manager

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wrong RAM speed in Windows Task Manager: Hello. So it looks like in Windows task manager my RAM speed is set at 2800 MHz in slot 1, 3, 5 and 7, but my RAM are using XMProfile 1 at 2666 MHz in BIOS. CPU-Z also tells me that my RAM is in quad channel configuration at 1333 MHz (2666 Mhz divided 2). What's the...