Windows 10: "????" on CD rips when file is MP3 [Windows Media Player]

Discus and support "????" on CD rips when file is MP3 [Windows Media Player] in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I rip a CD and use any file other than MP3 it rips file, but then I move to MP3 and suddenly Windows titles songs that are not English to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MichaelOskolkov, Jul 10, 2019.

1. "????" on CD rips when file is MP3 [Windows Media Player]

Whenever I rip a CD and use any file other than MP3 it rips file, but then I move to MP3 and suddenly Windows titles songs that are not English to "????" etc.

Example:

Original:

Ripped to MP3 to local drive:

Frequent answer:
    "Have you tried installing the language pack onto your PC?"
    Answer: Yes, of course I have, but regardless, I already stated that it rips fine in other formats, just MP3 is an issue.

I can just rename the files, but it's really annoying to do so.

:)

MichaelOskolkov, Jul 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 Media Player Not Ripping Music CDs to MP3

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: You might be able to complete the rip by turning on error correction.

> In Windows Media Player ->Click on Tools -> Options -> Devices, click the CD burner, choose> Advanced, and set the error correction to On.

Method 2: There are two ways to change rip settings while in the Player Library. You can insert a CD into your CD drive and click Rip settings, or you can click the Rip Music tab in the Options dialog box.

The Rip Music tab in the Options dialog box offers additional options that aren't available on the Rip settings menu.

To rip music from a CD, do the following:

• For best results, make sure that you are connected to the Internet before you begin.

When your computer is connected to the Internet, the Player attempts to retrieve media information about the tracks being ripped from an online database. The Player then adds the information to the files during ripping.

Note: you can rip a CD when your computer isn't connected to the Internet. However, the Player won't be able to identify the name of the CD, the artist who created it, or the names of the songs until you go online.
    • Insert an audio CD into the CD drive.
    • (Optional) If you want to select a different format (for example, MP3 instead of WMA) or bit rate (for example, 192 Kbps instead of 128 Kbps) for the files created during ripping, in the Player Library, click the Rip settings menu, and then click Format
      or Audio Quality.
    • (Optional) If you don't want to rip every song, in the Player Library, clear the check boxes next to the songs you don't want to rip.
    • Click the Rip CD button in Now Playing mode or Rip CD in the Player Library to begin ripping.
    Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 10, 2019
  3. EJones14 Win User
    Windows 10 Media Player Not Ripping Music CDs to MP3

Hi,

I tried doing all of the suggestions and I am still getting the same message. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated, because I have a bunch of new cds that I can't put on my mp3 player because the media player won't rip the cds.

Thank you for your time

EJones14, Jul 10, 2019
  4. "????" on CD rips when file is MP3 [Windows Media Player]

Transferring ripped CD files onto to an Mp3 Player

I have inserted a CD into my Media Player in Windows 7. I have been through the process of ripping the files . I want to import these files into an MP3 player. I have connected my MP3 player into my computer, but I can't make any progress. I do not
    get a message how to import these files. Please advise me how to get these music files into a MP3 player.

christopherconstable, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

"????" on CD rips when file is MP3 [Windows Media Player]

1. "????" on CD rips when file is MP3 [Windows Media Player] - Similar Threads - rips file MP3

2. Ripping CD to Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ripping CD to Windows Media Player: I'm trying to rip a cd but I keep getting this message: Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD. I have ripped 6 others without incident....
  3. Ripping CD to Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ripping CD to Windows Media Player: I'm trying to rip a cd but I keep getting this message: Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD. I have ripped 6 others without incident....
  4. Unable to rip a CD in Media Player - "Rip CD" option is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to rip a CD in Media Player - "Rip CD" option is greyed out: When I insert an audio CD and open Media Player, the app reads the CD and can play it just fine, but I am unable to rip it - both the Rip CD and Rip Settings buttons are greyed out. Running Windows 11....
  5. Windows Media Player CD Ripping Questions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player CD Ripping Questions: 1. Why is it that most CDs don't have album art when viewing in windows media player and upon ripping them to device? Is this an issue with the CD or WMP?*Sometimes this will happen with both of the two images, or with one and not the other.2. How do I make it so that ripped...
  6. Ripping cd's in Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ripping cd's in Media Player: I am trying to rip cd's to my laptop using Media Player and keep getting the message 'Media Player cannot rip one or more cd's'. What is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ripping-cds-in-media-player/6b8143b8-eb5f-4154-b930-d4465e9a20d0
  7. CD RIP in Media Player

CD RIP in Media Player: RIP option does not come on in Windows Media Player when I load a CD. The songs are shown correctly in the listing but I am unable to rip to file. This has always worked OK before today....
  8. Windows Media Player eject cd when rip button is push DOES NOT RIP

Windows Media Player eject cd when rip button is push DOES NOT RIP: Windows Media Player eject cd when rip button is push DOES NOT RIP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-eject-cd-when-rip-button-is/d782aad9-50bb-4ac4-8ec6-89bdf503dd75
  9. windows media player is unable to rip cd's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows media player is unable to rip cd's: yesterday the wma stopped ripping cd's. An error box pops up saying "unable to rip 1 or more tracks". I seem to have lost the "public music" folder from the list of folders which was the folder the ripped cd was saved to....
  10. cd info when ripping cd to mp3 file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cd info when ripping cd to mp3 file: I can't download cd info when ripping cd to mp3. I have windows 10 media player and in older version (Windows 7) it automatically downloaded all album info. Please help....