Windows 10: "????" on CD rips when file is MP3 [Windows Media Player]

Discus and support "????" on CD rips when file is MP3 [Windows Media Player] in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I rip a CD and use any file other than MP3 it rips file, but then I move to MP3 and suddenly Windows titles songs that are not English to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MichaelOskolkov, Jul 10, 2019 at 10:17 AM.

1. "????" on CD rips when file is MP3 [Windows Media Player]

Whenever I rip a CD and use any file other than MP3 it rips file, but then I move to MP3 and suddenly Windows titles songs that are not English to "????" etc.

Example:

Original:

Ripped to MP3 to local drive:

Frequent answer:
    "Have you tried installing the language pack onto your PC?"
    Answer: Yes, of course I have, but regardless, I already stated that it rips fine in other formats, just MP3 is an issue.

I can just rename the files, but it's really annoying to do so.

:)

MichaelOskolkov, Jul 10, 2019 at 10:17 AM

2. Windows 10 Media Player Not Ripping Music CDs to MP3

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: You might be able to complete the rip by turning on error correction.

> In Windows Media Player ->Click on Tools -> Options -> Devices, click the CD burner, choose> Advanced, and set the error correction to On.

Method 2: There are two ways to change rip settings while in the Player Library. You can insert a CD into your CD drive and click Rip settings, or you can click the Rip Music tab in the Options dialog box.

The Rip Music tab in the Options dialog box offers additional options that aren't available on the Rip settings menu.

To rip music from a CD, do the following:

• For best results, make sure that you are connected to the Internet before you begin.

When your computer is connected to the Internet, the Player attempts to retrieve media information about the tracks being ripped from an online database. The Player then adds the information to the files during ripping.

Note: you can rip a CD when your computer isn't connected to the Internet. However, the Player won't be able to identify the name of the CD, the artist who created it, or the names of the songs until you go online.
    • Insert an audio CD into the CD drive.
    • (Optional) If you want to select a different format (for example, MP3 instead of WMA) or bit rate (for example, 192 Kbps instead of 128 Kbps) for the files created during ripping, in the Player Library, click the Rip settings menu, and then click Format
      or Audio Quality.
    • (Optional) If you don't want to rip every song, in the Player Library, clear the check boxes next to the songs you don't want to rip.
    • Click the Rip CD button in Now Playing mode or Rip CD in the Player Library to begin ripping.
    Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 10, 2019 at 10:20 AM
  3. EJones14 Win User
    Windows 10 Media Player Not Ripping Music CDs to MP3

Hi,

I tried doing all of the suggestions and I am still getting the same message. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated, because I have a bunch of new cds that I can't put on my mp3 player because the media player won't rip the cds.

Thank you for your time

4. "????" on CD rips when file is MP3 [Windows Media Player]

Transferring ripped CD files onto to an Mp3 Player

I have inserted a CD into my Media Player in Windows 7. I have been through the process of ripping the files . I want to import these files into an MP3 player. I have connected my MP3 player into my computer, but I can't make any progress. I do not
    get a message how to import these files. Please advise me how to get these music files into a MP3 player.

christopherconstable, Jul 10, 2019 at 10:20 AM
Thema:

"????" on CD rips when file is MP3 [Windows Media Player]

1. "????" on CD rips when file is MP3 [Windows Media Player] - Similar Threads - rips file MP3

2. windows media player 12 closes when I try to rip a CD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows media player 12 closes when I try to rip a CD: I was able to rip cd's in the past, but now the program closes when I click to rip, all updates have been checked, is the program just no good anymore?...
  3. can i rip an mp3 disc in windows media player then sync it to my mp3 player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can i rip an mp3 disc in windows media player then sync it to my mp3 player: can i rip an mp3 disc in windows media player then sync it to my mp3 player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-rip-an-mp3-disc-in-windows-media-player-then/fefa007f-f583-4bd9-aa3d-db1557810cd3
  4. Syncing files from media player to mp3 player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Syncing files from media player to mp3 player: I have a relatively cheap mp3 player and am trying to download all my music files to it. Problem is that it still has plenty of space on which to write more files but many files are not loading onto the player? I'm thinking it may be the format of the music but don't really...
  5. I want to burn an audio cd in Windows Media player, but when I rip the cd it saves as a...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I want to burn an audio cd in Windows Media player, but when I rip the cd it saves as a...: I want to burn a cd to my WMP. Problem is it saves as a Groove music file and can not then be burned as an MP3 disc to use on my hi fi system. On my current attempt to burn to disc the media player has frozen and can not be shut down because it thinks it is still burning....
  6. cd info when ripping cd to mp3 file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cd info when ripping cd to mp3 file: I can't download cd info when ripping cd to mp3. I have windows 10 media player and in older version (Windows 7) it automatically downloaded all album info. Please help....
  7. Windows Media Player shuts down when I hit Rip CD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player shuts down when I hit Rip CD: I just tried to rip a CD I bought to Windows Media Player. Soon as I hit Rip CD, WMP shut down. New problem. Windows 10 OS...
  8. how do i rip a cd in media player?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i rip a cd in media player?: 2 hours ago i had the rip c tab, now i do not have it. i put a cd in the drive, and it tells me invalid file name. and this is a cd from the store, not a burned cd....
  9. Any fixes for Windows Media Player crashing when I try to rip a cd?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any fixes for Windows Media Player crashing when I try to rip a cd?: Lately when I try to rip a cd in Windows Media Player it crashes and doesn't even give me an error message, can anyone help?...
  10. Ripping a CD to my Computer's Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ripping a CD to my Computer's Windows Media Player: Windows Media Player won't rip CD to my WMP music library. This is a Windows 7 WMP program transferred with a Windows 10 upgrade. Haven't used WMP rip up until now. I put the CD into my laptop and had always got immediate processing under Windows 7,but now the CD is entered...