Windows 10: On clicking left mouse botton on file icons, I get confirmatin to delete dialogue box.

Discus and support On clicking left mouse botton on file icons, I get confirmatin to delete dialogue box. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After opening, on the desktop, when I select any icon or file I get a confirmation dialogue box to ensure to send the file to recycle bin. on double... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KSRSubudhi, Feb 12, 2020.

1. On clicking left mouse botton on file icons, I get confirmatin to delete dialogue box.

After opening, on the desktop, when I select any icon or file I get a confirmation dialogue box to ensure to send the file to recycle bin. on double clicking file opens but the doc file contents get automatically gets deleted letter by letter. I just checked that my delet botton is not working in this condition ie. during writing in this dialogue box

Pl guide whether any virus infected or software issue.

I am using HP DV-4 series notebook. I have upgraded my os from win-7 to win-8 and then to Win-10.

:)

KSRSubudhi, Feb 12, 2020

2. How to select multiple files in Open dialogue box

I'm trying to post multiple pictures to social media & when I click on pictures & the Open dialogue box opens for me to select the pictures, I can no longer select multiple files with the Ctrl key, I also tried holding down the left mouse button & dragging
    over both pics, neither of these work anymore. There are also no tick boxes in the corner of the icons in the Open dialogue box.

In the File Explorer the above works but not in the Open dialogue boxes.

Can you tell me how I can select multiple files or pictures in these Open dialogue boxes.

Thank you

christopherbate, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Clicking To The Left of Files and Checking Box?

On a public computer running win 10 I am able to see a list of files say in the downloads folder and if I click on the left of the file a box appears that I can check and it is selected. However on my home computer if I see a similar list when I click to the left of the file I do not see that box nor the option to check and select it. How do I enable that feature?TIA.

On clicking left mouse botton on file icons, I get confirmatin to delete dialogue box. [​IMG]

On clicking left mouse botton on file icons, I get confirmatin to delete dialogue box. [​IMG]

phaedruspress, Feb 12, 2020
  4. On clicking left mouse botton on file icons, I get confirmatin to delete dialogue box.

No color management in print dialogue box

Why is the critical step of removing all old printer drivers (Step 5) in the Printui dialogue the same as Step 6 right clicking the printer in Devices and Printers to delete it and restart PC?

After you install the printer software in Print 8 you did a lot of other things with a Desktop app that are not in the list and unneeded. Why were these necessary instead of just selecting a .pdf document to print and trying it?

The reason I ask is that I've suggested these steps countless times and they have always worked if only they are followed, not adding a bunch of steps at the end.

I hope this helps.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

On clicking left mouse botton on file icons, I get confirmatin to delete dialogue box.

1. On clicking left mouse botton on file icons, I get confirmatin to delete dialogue box. - Similar Threads - clicking left mouse

2. Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click: A few weeks back my files began being deleted when I left click on their icons in my desktop / file explorer.Some times all files under a folder are deleted, if I click in the file list part of the file explorer. When that happens, if I click on the cancel button my click is...
  3. Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click: A few weeks back my files began being deleted when I left click on their icons in my desktop / file explorer.Some times all files under a folder are deleted, if I click in the file list part of the file explorer. When that happens, if I click on the cancel button my click is...
  4. Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. X icons in the botton left corner of the desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    X icons in the botton left corner of the desktop icons: I just updated my laptop BIOS and every icon has a green tick or red x in the bottom left, all the apps work exactly as they should no matter the tick. Any ideas how I should be able to make them disappear?...
  6. X icons in the botton left corner of the desktop icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    X icons in the botton left corner of the desktop icons: I just updated my laptop BIOS and every icon has a green tick or red x in the bottom left, all the apps work exactly as they should no matter the tick. Any ideas how I should be able to make them disappear?...
  7. Files are getting deleted automatically whenever I left click on them?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Files are getting deleted automatically whenever I left click on them?: So, whenever I left click on a folder or a file it gets deleted automatically. Then again when I try to recover my files from recycle bin a pop up comes up which says "do you want to delete your files permanently". My icons are also disappearing from my desktop whenever I...
  8. Left-Click Mouse Causes Deletion files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Left-Click Mouse Causes Deletion files in Windows 10: I have updated my system with Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. but the files get deleted automatically when left-clicking the mouse. If we left mouse click on any file like image, Doc, Excel, Notepad Application then it removes everything which we open instead of executing a proper...
  9. I get this dialogue box when I try to delete these file folders.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I get this dialogue box when I try to delete these file folders.: I am the admin for my computer, but it says I need to provide Admin permission??? I hit continue, but nothing happens.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-this-dialogue-box-when-i-try-to-delete-these/20a90bbc-f5b4-4293-83a8-9001199f2332
  10. Clicking To The Left of Files and Checking Box?

in Windows 10 Support
    Clicking To The Left of Files and Checking Box?: On a public computer running win 10 I am able to see a list of files say in the downloads folder and if I click on the left of the file a box appears that I can check and it is selected. However on my home computer if I see a similar list when I click to the left of the file...