Windows 10: On connecting bluetooth headphones, one app doesn't switch its output to them

Discus and support On connecting bluetooth headphones, one app doesn't switch its output to them in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use MS Surface Headphones 2 on a Win 10 desktop computer. When turning on my SH2, they become the new default audio output device on the computer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Infosoph, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Infosoph Win User

On connecting bluetooth headphones, one app doesn't switch its output to them

I use MS Surface Headphones 2 on a Win 10 desktop computer.

When turning on my SH2, they become the new default audio output device on the computer, as they should. This way, audio output from the pc switches over to the Bluetooth headphones. Or at least that's the idea, because it doesn't always work as I'd like for it to:

One app sometimes doesn't switch. Not always but quite often, Firefox keeps playing out of the previous output device. cabled headphones typically

To solve this, I then have to go to "App volume and device preferences", where I can see that Firefox is set to the previous output while all other apps are set to "default". Only upon switching Firefox to default as well, does it play out of the SH2 Bluetooth headphones. However, this issue keeps happening again and again.

Any clues on how I can ensure that Firefox will always switch over to connected BT headphones, rather than staying on another output device?

I'm not sure whether this is a FF issue. But I'm hoping that people familiar with the Win10 API can say something as to where the solution can be found.

Thank you!

PS: Not sure if this belongs to "devices and drivers" or "Windows settings". So I put it in the latter.

:)

Infosoph, Oct 17, 2020
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Audio doesn´t work aftter connecting headphones

Original Title: No audio

Sometimes when i want to use the headphones, i connect them to my computer and then the audio doesn´t work, so i need to restart my computer and the audio returns, so my question is, why this happen? i don´t want to restart my pc everytime that i need the
    headphones.

I hope that someone can answer me On connecting bluetooth headphones, one app doesn't switch its output to them :)

GiancarlosGarza, Oct 17, 2020
  4. devster75 Win User

Taotronics TT-BH07 bluetooth headphones paired but not connected

Hi everyone,

Hopefully this is on the right board....

I've got the Taotronics TT-BH07 bluetooth headphones which I've paired with my Windows 10 laptop and it worked fine the first time. I found that the following day, after the laptop had been switched off and started again, when I switch the headphones on, it doesn't connect to the laptop. It shows up in the list of bluetooth devices as "paired" but it doesn't connect automatically. If I remove it and go through the whole pairing process again, I can then use it.

I would have expected it to connect to the laptop automatically when it is switched on. I've had no problems connecting it with my iPhone. I've checked online for drivers for these headphones but there's nothing available, not even on the official Taotronics website.

Am I missing something here? Is this a bug or is there some further configuration I need to carry out on Windows in order to have the headphones connect as soon as I switch them on? Any and all input greatly received.

Cheers,
    Dev

devster75, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. On connecting bluetooth headphones, one app doesn't switch its output to them - Similar Threads - connecting bluetooth headphones

2. Bluetooth Headphones Connect but no headphones output Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones Connect but no headphones output Device: I am using Windows 11 on my Asus Notebook. I connect my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones via bluetooth they connect,However I do not have any headphones output device.Heaphones work fine on all other devices. Have been working fine untill now on laptop however I did notice it took...
  3. Bluetooth Headphones Connect but no headphones output Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones Connect but no headphones output Device: I am using Windows 11 on my Asus Notebook. I connect my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones via bluetooth they connect,However I do not have any headphones output device.Heaphones work fine on all other devices. Have been working fine untill now on laptop however I did notice it took...
  4. Can't connect bluetooth headphones despite having them connected earlier

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't connect bluetooth headphones despite having them connected earlier: I had a BT headphones set connected for 6 months to my windows 10 machine. Today morning I open up windows and can't connect them anymore.Headphones still work with iphone just as they did before. Not Windows.Tried restarting headphones, tried restarting windows, erased...
  5. Windows 10 sound doesn't switch to bluetooth headphones

Windows 10 sound doesn't switch to bluetooth headphones: Hi there, I am having trouble with connecting to my bluetooth headphones. They work fine when I am on a video conference. However, when I try to watch something online the sound comes from my laptop's speakers and not from the headphones even though are connected and selected...
  6. Audio doesn't automatically switch between headphones and laptop speaker output

Audio doesn't automatically switch between headphones and laptop speaker output: Not sure when or why this happened, but my Surface Laptop running Windows 10 no longer automatically switches between audio output sources headphones and built-in Surface Laptop speakers. If I have sound playing and no headphones plugged in, the sound will continue to play...
  7. Bluetooth Headphones switching off after connecting.

Bluetooth Headphones switching off after connecting.: I recently purchased the Philips PH805 bluetooth headphones. They seem to pair well with all my other devices but my HP Pavilion x360. They turn off as soon as they're connected. Any solution regarding the same?...
  8. Forcing the volume of bluetooth headphones to a specific one each time connecting to them.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forcing the volume of bluetooth headphones to a specific one each time connecting to them.: 'Nuff said in the title. I need to force my bluetooth headphones volume to be set to 25% each time i connect to them (either automatically or manually). Sometimes it does keep the volume I set earlier, but most of the time when connecting it autoresets to ear-deafing 100%,...
  9. Bluetooth Device Connected But Doesn't Appear As Audio Output

Bluetooth Device Connected But Doesn't Appear As Audio Output: I have a Insignia NS-SB216 soundbar. This morning it was connected and working fine. Then for whatever reason my PC crashed and I had to restart. Now the soundbar is connected but it doesn't appear as a sound output device so I have no sound. How can it be connected but not...
  10. Headphones outputting sound, yet Windows doesn't recognize them

Headphones outputting sound, yet Windows doesn't recognize them: Hi, I've been having trouble with sound. After a period of no sound, if I try to start sound again, there's about a 2-4 second delay before the sound starts. And it doesn't start from the beginning, its like it was muted until it started. I've tried updating my drivers and...