Windows 10: On connection with wi-fi, windows always closes all programs and taskbar refreshes

Discus and support On connection with wi-fi, windows always closes all programs and taskbar refreshes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I connected to a wifi, on a random interval, my windows will "refresh" itself (seen from the taskbar going all black and the icons start to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by samuelsamosir, Sep 11, 2019.

1. On connection with wi-fi, windows always closes all programs and taskbar refreshes

Whenever I connected to a wifi, on a random interval, my windows will "refresh" itself (seen from the taskbar going all black and the icons start to pop-up one by one) and every single program in the taskbar will be closed. I'm on a laptop and my input device will always close since the "refresh" closes my input application. I tried checking which application make this "refresh" happens, but could never found out about it.

Note : This starts to happen after a windows update on august-september 2019, forgot which update it is.

:)

samuelsamosir, Sep 11, 2019
  2. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Sep 11, 2019
  3. lasot Win User
    How to indicate wi-fi connection on taskbar/desktop with ethernet on

Using 'Select which icons appear...' I'm only able to toggle this one network icon. And it switches from wired to wireless, depending on whether the ethernet cable is plugged in.

Of course, the info is there, I just got used to not having to click on the icon. I always just looked at the corner of the screen every few minutes to make sure the wi-fi was still connected and ready in case my wired connection failed.

It's just strange for me that in the same scenario (ethernet connection + wi-fi active), Windows 7 would show the wireless icon (and it wasn't possible to change it either AFAIK), and Windows 10 shows the other one *sarc

Oh well, it's not the end of the world if it's impossible to change it, but any other suggestions on how to display the wi-fi state on the taskbar (or desktop) are still welcome.

lasot, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

On connection with wi-fi, windows always closes all programs and taskbar refreshes

Wi-Fi issue: Limited connectivity

Hi Scot,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to run the in-built troubleshooter for Internet connections.

• Open 'Settings' and click on 'Update and security'.
    • On the left pane, select 'Troubleshoot' and run the troubleshooter for 'Internet Connections'.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

On connection with wi-fi, windows always closes all programs and taskbar refreshes

1. On connection with wi-fi, windows always closes all programs and taskbar refreshes - Similar Threads - connection always closes

2. Wi-Fi not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi not connecting: WiFi isn't connecting. I thought it was the WiFi router problem, but I tried connecting to another Wi-Fi network. That’s when I understood that the issue was the laptop. I tried everything like resetting the network settings, disabling the network device in device manager and...
  3. Wi-Fi connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connections: My pc isn’t connecting to the internet and no Wi-Fi connections are showing up I have checked and it’s not a pc problem it’s a windows problem can someone help me please it’s been like this for weeks...
  4. Wi-Fi connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi connections: My pc isn’t connecting to the internet and no Wi-Fi connections are showing up I have checked and it’s not a pc problem it’s a windows problem can someone help me please it’s been like this for weeks...
  5. Windows update removed all wi fi connections

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update removed all wi fi connections: Updated yesterday 3 March 2021. When restart occurred, all wi fi options and connections had disappeared. Had to hard cable router to find internet. I see this has been a problem with upgrades in the past but I have a Dell machine less than 1 year old so drivers should not...
  6. Wi Fi connections

Wi Fi connections: Hi there I have several computers of various ages all running windows 10 my newest computers seem to stay connected without issue my older comps microsoft surface core I7 8gig ram and my toshiba core I5 8gig ram both have lost connections from time to time and the...
  7. wi-fi connection

wi-fi connection: My wife's computer is running Windows 10 same as this one but it doesn't have the capability to connect with wi fi. is there an app that I can purchase and download to a thumb drive so that I can transfer to the other computer....
  8. Wi Fi connections

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi Fi connections: My laptop connection to the WIFI hub disconnects when I connect an HP 1200 printer and vice versa. I can only use one or the other at one time. It was working fine until today and not sure what might have changed....
  9. Wi-Fi Connectivity

Wi-Fi Connectivity: After Windows 10 upgrade on my HP P7-1420t I lost my ability to connect to Wi-Fi. Network Adapters listed in Device Manager: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Wan Miniports - IKEv2, IP, IPv6, L2TP, PPPOE, PPTP, SSTP and Network Monitor. Any help in regaining my Wi-Fi...
  10. Wi-Fi Not connected

Wi-Fi Not connected: Hi, Network and sharing center shows wi-fi not connected. There are two computers on the local network that are connected by wi-fi. A third computer is connected by either net. The connection to the internet is also successful. The instructions to unplug or turn off...