Windows 10: On desktop, should I leave the power slider at "Better performance" or bump it up to "Best...

Discus and support On desktop, should I leave the power slider at "Better performance" or bump it up to "Best... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can't quite find a good desktop specific answer for this online, so I was wondering if I should bump up the performance and power slider in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CorgiStaniel, Aug 24, 2021.

1. On desktop, should I leave the power slider at "Better performance" or bump it up to "Best...

I can't quite find a good desktop specific answer for this online, so I was wondering if I should bump up the performance and power slider in Windows 10 to "best performance" to get the most out of my machine while gaming for example or if I should just leave it on the default?

:)

CorgiStaniel, Aug 24, 2021
  2. TMHKR Win User

Performance slider: No difference between Better and Best?

Hello, I have a question about the performance slider on Windows 10 laptops (the one when you click the battery icon in the system tray).

Am I legally blind, or there's really no noticeable performance increase when I set it from Better Performance to Best Performance? Yes, I can feel the increase from Better Battery to Better Performance (smoother scrolling in browsers), but Better to Best? Nothing.

Bonus question: Why is there even better performance increase when I use the AC power? Better Performance on battery is slower than Better Performance on AC power, although it's the same slider setting. Is it done on hardware level, since the Windows power plan is the same (Balanced)?

i3-7020U, 8GB DDR4, Intel HD 620 + Radeon 520 2GB, Win10 LTSC

TMHKR, Aug 24, 2021
  3. Windows performance power slider missing on AIO / Desktop

Dear,

We need to check how "windows performance power slider" missing on AIO/desktop that only has AC.

Dose windows performance power slider check ACPI table, SMBIOS table, or any BIOS configurations to decide show or hid?

Best Regards,

Nick

Nick_Hsieh, Aug 24, 2021
  4. On desktop, should I leave the power slider at "Better performance" or bump it up to "Best...

Windows performance power slider missing on AIO / Desktop

Hi Nick_Hsieh, I am Rob, an independent and a 14 time and dual award MVP specializing in Windows troubleshooting and Bluescreen analysis. Please remember as independents we are not responsible for the development of Windows or the computer hardware and
    drivers. If you will work with me I will be here to help until the issue is resolved.

The performance slider requires a battery that an AIO does not have.

Customize the Windows performance power slider

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardwa...

You can still set a Power Plan.

Start - Settings - System - Power & sleep - "Additional power settings" - "Create a power plan".

Some HP systems have an HP App to control performance.

HP Support/Troubleshooting & Drivers

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html

Contact HP

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us....

HP Forums

Home - HP Support Community

Here to help,

Rob

------

Standard Disclaimer: Those may be non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance. Feedback definitely helps us help all.

Rob B. - MVP, Aug 24, 2021
Thema:

On desktop, should I leave the power slider at "Better performance" or bump it up to "Best...

1. On desktop, should I leave the power slider at "Better performance" or bump it up to "Best... - Similar Threads - desktop should leave

2. MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance": I've recently got an MSI laptop GF63 Thin 11UC, and found out that for some reason the CPU speed is faster when on the "Better performance" option than on "best performance". Does anyone know why this is/how to change it?...
  3. MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance": I've recently got an MSI laptop GF63 Thin 11UC, and found out that for some reason the CPU speed is faster when on the "Better performance" option than on "best performance". Does anyone know why this is/how to change it?...
  4. MSI laptop performs better on "Better performance" option instead of "Best performance"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Should i install another RAM for better gaming performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should i install another RAM for better gaming performance?: I have G.SKILL 16gb DDR4 @ 2666MHz, if i installed another 16gb ram will i feel an improvement in gaming performance?My PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-install-another-ram-for-better-gaming/aac7e211-242e-4f64-b750-346a0355bc93
  6. Should i install another RAM for better gaming performance?

Should i install another RAM for better gaming performance?: I have G.SKILL 16gb DDR4 @ 2666MHz, if i installed another 16gb ram will i feel an improvement in gaming performance?My PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-install-another-ram-for-better-gaming/aac7e211-242e-4f64-b750-346a0355bc93
  7. what services should I disable if I want better performance?

what services should I disable if I want better performance?: Helllo!It's been a long time since I've posted on here, I think.Anyways, I'm wanting to know what applications are completely safe to uninstall through Powershell, I've already gotten rid of some such as your phone, maps, and Cortana, I made sure these can be reinstalled...
  8. Windows performance power slider missing on AIO / Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows performance power slider missing on AIO / Desktop: Dear, We need to check how "windows performance power slider" missing on AIO/desktop that only has AC. Dose windows performance power slider check ACPI table, SMBIOS table, or any BIOS configurations to decide show or hid? Best Regards, Nick...
  9. Performance slider: No difference between Better and Best?

in Windows 10 Support
    Performance slider: No difference between Better and Best?: Hello, I have a question about the performance slider on Windows 10 laptops (the one when you click the battery icon in the system tray). Am I legally blind, or there's really no noticeable performance increase when I set it from Better Performance to Best Performance? Yes,...
  10. Should I use bet performance batterly slider option?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Should I use bet performance batterly slider option?: Hi, I just wondering whether it is best to use the best performance option on the battery slider when my laptop is plugged into the mains. I thought this would be the best option as when it is plugged in I don't have to worry about battery life. Does running it at best...