Windows 10: On device manager, can I disable my webcam's video part, but keep the microphone working?

Discus and support On device manager, can I disable my webcam's video part, but keep the microphone working? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title says everything. I can see that my webcam comes out under both "Sound, video and game controllers" and on "Imaging devices". Is it possible to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/steferrari, May 5, 2020.

1. On device manager, can I disable my webcam's video part, but keep the microphone working?

Title says everything.

I can see that my webcam comes out under both "Sound, video and game controllers" and on "Imaging devices".

Is it possible to disable the video part, and maintain the microphone active?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/steferrari
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/steferrari, May 5, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, May 23, 2020
  3. beau Win User
    Can't Find WebCam Device in Device Manager

In Win7 I'd do Device Manager > Imaging Devices > USB 2.0 PC Camera to find my USB WebCam and activate it and de-activate the monitor's built-in camera.

But in Win10 Device Manager has no listing for Imaging Devices.

On device manager, can I disable my webcam's video part, but keep the microphone working? [​IMG]

Where in Win10 can I enable and disable webcams?

4. On device manager, can I disable my webcam's video part, but keep the microphone working?

My webcam and microphone is not working.

Hi Ali,

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with Microphone and Webcam.

What is the make and model of your computer?

Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

This issue might be because of settings related to Microphone.

The issue cab be resolved by making Microphone as the default device and updating the sound card drivers.

Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled and is set as default.

Make sure that the microphone that you are using is not disabled and is set as default in the computer. Follow these steps to check this:

a) Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

b) Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

c) Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.

d) You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot with camera in Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/17444/windows-camera-app-webcams-help

Please reply with the results, we are happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, May 23, 2020
Thema:

On device manager, can I disable my webcam's video part, but keep the microphone working?

1. On device manager, can I disable my webcam's video part, but keep the microphone working? - Similar Threads - device manager disable

2. Webcam in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam in Device Manager: Just wondering why, the Device Manager shows the webcam on my Gateway laptop as a USB camera. It is not a webcam you connect thru a USB port it is the type most laptops come with as part of the display. It does work but not like you would expect it to. Would this be typical...
  3. Webcam in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam in Device Manager: Just wondering why, the Device Manager shows the webcam on my Gateway laptop as a USB camera. It is not a webcam you connect thru a USB port it is the type most laptops come with as part of the display. It does work but not like you would expect it to. Would this be typical...
  4. Webcam in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Webcam and Microphone not working !!

Webcam and Microphone not working !!: Hi there,A month ago my laptop showed some errors, like when I was opening Camera app, it was showing that pls plug in camera, despite the fact that I have in-built camera in the laptop, then when I try to record audio, no audio is being recorded, even when microphone also...
  6. My webcam works but the microphone that is part of the camera does not

My webcam works but the microphone that is part of the camera does not: Hi! I purchased a Hrayzan 1080P HD Webcam from Amazon. It says it's plug & play. I plugged the USB cable into my Dell desktop and the camera worked fine in my zoom meetings. But I have never been able to get the microphone to work. I have gone through EVERY step in the...
  7. My webcam microphone isn't working

My webcam microphone isn't working: I recently bought an external USB webcam. The camera on the webcam works, however, the Mic doesn't work. The mic shows that it's connected, however, it doesn't detect any audio. I tried updating the drivers, I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them aswell. Nothing...
  8. No webcam in device manager

No webcam in device manager: Imaging devices are not in Device Manager, There is no Webcam listed, Windows 10 isn't showing the webcam, The manufacturer used the Windows default driver so there are no legacy drivers to download. For some reason I can't even select a webcam in the install legacy device...
  9. HP Truvision Webcam no longer listed in "Imaging Devices" in Device Manager, video working...

HP Truvision Webcam no longer listed in "Imaging Devices" in Device Manager, video working...: Yesterday we had no problem using Zoom meeting with video. Starting today we did not get the option to start video, although it said it was on and recognized the HD Truvision Webcam, but there is no picture. The video works in all other programs. I checked in Device Manager...
  10. Logitech Webcam c920 - microphone not working, but video working fine

Logitech Webcam c920 - microphone not working, but video working fine: In answer to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings-winpc/logitech-c920-webcam-microphone-does-not-seem-to/df1ebadf-17f4-463e-8e58-ab6d296de745 which has been locked without any meaningful reply, I want to share what helped me with...