Windows 10: On Device Manager, the Driver Updater/"Search automatically for driver" does not search for...

Discus and support On Device Manager, the Driver Updater/"Search automatically for driver" does not search for... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've had a completely fine running Windows 10 on two PCs, but after the May 2019 1903 Update and using Disk Cleanup and removing the previous Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ɱěǥāħɱād, May 29, 2019.

1. On Device Manager, the Driver Updater/"Search automatically for driver" does not search for...

I've had a completely fine running Windows 10 on two PCs, but after the May 2019 1903 Update and using Disk Cleanup and removing the previous Windows installation (not sure if disk cleanup caused anything or has anything to do with this, just speculating and it's the only thing I did after the upgrade), the Update Driver function in the Device Manager doesn't search the internet anymore for new drivers on both PCs.

Just for info, on my work PC I did the 1903 upgrade and did everything the same as I did on my two home PCs and yet the work PC is working fine and device manager can see the internet fine. On Device Manager, the Driver Updater/"Search automatically for driver" does not search for... [​IMG]

When I click on "Update Driver" in the Device Manager -> "Search automatically for updated driver software", a window pops up and immediately (like one half second later or even less) after that the Driver Manager states: "The best driver is already installed" without searching the internet for an updated driver at all.

For testing purposes, I've installed an older driver for my graphics card and LAN card and I'm sure that there is in fact a newer one in the Windows Update Catalog which it should find, if it would work.

Under "System" -> "Advanced system settings" - > "Hardware" -> "Device Installation Settings" it is turned on (i.e. "Yes"), and there is no group policy defined, I made sure that all Registry and Group Policy settings responsible for this are set to default. That's basically all i could find regarding this issue.

You can see how exactly my problem looks like by disconnecting your internet completely and trying to update any device in Device Manager. In other words, Device manager thinks that I don't have internet at all which is so weird. I tried on wireless and on cable, both didn't work. Internet works fine for me on everything else and no any antivirus or firewall is installed.
    I need to somehow tell and convince Device Manager that I really have internet!

Is there any log I could provide for more insight?

I've already run a "sfc.exe /scannow" which didn't detect any issues.
    I've also already run the DISM health... etc. cmds.

Other than that, everything else is fine.

Thanks in advance for any help. On Device Manager, the Driver Updater/"Search automatically for driver" does not search for... [​IMG]

:)

ɱěǥāħɱād, May 29, 2019

2. Device Manager, Driver Updater does not search for new Drivers.

hello everybody,

I've had a completely fine running Windows 10, but after the 1511 Updates and using Disk Cleanup and removing everything there, the Update Driver function in the Device Manager doesn't search the internet anymore for new drivers.

When I click on "Update Driver" in the Device Manager -> "Search automatically for updated driver software", a window pops up and immediately (like one half second later) after that the Driver Manager states: "The best driver is already installed".

For testing purposes, I've installed an older driver for my graphics card and I'm sure that there is in fact a newer one in the Windows Update Catalog which it should find, if it would work.

Under "System" -> "Advanced system settings" - > "Hardware" -> "Device Installation Settings" it is turned on (i.e. "Yes"), and there is no group policy defined. That's basically all i could find regarding this issue.

Is there any log I could provide for more insight? Maybe the "Disk Cleanup" -> "Remove driver packages" deleted some important files or directory structures?

I've already run a "sfc.exe /scannow" which didn't detect any issues.

Other than that, everything is fine.

Thanks for any help,

Johannes

johanneszab, May 29, 2019
  3. dtraiN187 Win User
    device manager drivers/update/fix help

I need help with my drivers as they aren't showing up right in Device manager. I have double or triple entries in some of the categories; I have provided a link or file so that you can see what mine looks like. If anyone could direct me in the right path that would be awesome! I think the reason for my mouse studders/issues and also performance issues in the many games that I play is the reason behind these Drivers. Below is a image that I captured with gyazo that lists my devices.

https://gyazo.com/825cc09e1f38ba409bd23bd839c8aa08 <- (Device manager and problems w drivers)

-BenQ XL2420Z 144hz
    -Logitech G403 Prodigy
    -Corsair Vengeance K95

-When I fix the drivers that I need will the grayed out devices fix themselves/disappear in Device manager? Also, if/when I get my drivers all squared away and updated.. let's say I have some grayed out devices that are still in those sections.. is it OK to uninstall those or not?

-I also don't have any idea what those Microsoft streaming devices in Sound are!??! Could it be something I need to turn off in BIOS or?

-Lastly, what's the deal with the WAN Miniports?

Thank-you!

dtraiN187, May 29, 2019
  4. Marco Gav Win User

On Device Manager, the Driver Updater/"Search automatically for driver" does not search for...

USB microphone show up under "Other Devices" in the Device Manager

Hi Luke,

We suggest that you update the device driver. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select
      it from the list of results.

• Expand the category where your device is located, then right-click on the name of your device, and select Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If updating the device driver doesn't work, we suggest that you reinstall the driver:

• Open Device Manager.

• Right-click on the name of the device.

• Select Uninstall.

• Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, May 29, 2019
Thema:

On Device Manager, the Driver Updater/"Search automatically for driver" does not search for...

1. On Device Manager, the Driver Updater/"Search automatically for driver" does not search for... - Similar Threads - Device Manager Driver

2. Is there a command to tell Device Manager to search for drivers for a device?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a command to tell Device Manager to search for drivers for a device?: I run a computer repair business and I see a lot of the same computers come through. I have an MDT server with the most common drivers on it. I don't always deploy images from that server, so when I do a clean install, I'd like to automatically install drivers that I've...
  3. Is there a command to tell Device Manager to search for drivers for a device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a command to tell Device Manager to search for drivers for a device?: I run a computer repair business and I see a lot of the same computers come through. I have an MDT server with the most common drivers on it. I don't always deploy images from that server, so when I do a clean install, I'd like to automatically install drivers that I've...
  4. Is there a command to tell Device Manager to search for drivers for a device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Device Drivers Are Not Automatically Updated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Drivers Are Not Automatically Updated: G'day,When I select 'update driver' in device manager and select automatically search for update, it instantly says 'The best drivers for your device are already installed'. Notice the word instantly. It does not feel like Windows is actually searching for appropriate...
  6. Device Drivers Are Not Automatically Updated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Drivers Are Not Automatically Updated: G'day,When I select 'update driver' in device manager and select automatically search for update, it instantly says 'The best drivers for your device are already installed'. Notice the word instantly. It does not feel like Windows is actually searching for appropriate...
  7. Windows "Search Automatically for Drivers" automatic update feature not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows "Search Automatically for Drivers" automatic update feature not working: Hi, I have a new computer and I've noticed all the drivers are from 2006 when I look into their properties. When I use the ""Search Automatically for Drivers" option it always returns that the latest version is installed. I've updated my computer to the latest version of...
  8. Device manager not searching for updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device manager not searching for updates: Just installed Windows 10 home today and the device manager won’t search for driver updates. It just stops and says the drivers are up-to date. I tried updating the wireless drivers manual but it’s still not updating. Any ideas how to fix this and I’ve restarted multiple...
  9. Update drivers automatically in device manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update drivers automatically in device manager?: Hey all, is there any way for me to check everything with just some clicks for drivers, instead of going through every single thing in device manager? submitted by /u/FHRNHTx [link] [comments]...
  10. SNAILDRIVER - Automatically searches/installs all drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SNAILDRIVER - Automatically searches/installs all drivers: SnailDriver homepage. This nice little program searches for all drivers and allow automatically download and installation. Easy to use, with a clutter free interface and free. It seems there isn't any crapware bundled either. Handy for those clean installations. 43915

Users found this page by searching for:

1. search automatically drivers

2. Image: intowindows.comInstall Bluetooth driver on Windows 10: Steps that You Should Try Method 1: Download the driver from the website Method 2: Download the Bluetooth drivers for Windows 10 manually using Device Manager Apr 29 2019

3. does searching device manager for drivers find the best drivers