Windows 10: on devices & printers, my desktop has a message: status driver error. what can I do to...

Discus and support on devices & printers, my desktop has a message: status driver error. what can I do to... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an Asus M32cd desktop 64 bit with Windows 10. Today I opened devices & printers and next to the image of my desktop the was a gold triangular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 229dw, Oct 6, 2018.

1. 229dw Win User

on devices & printers, my desktop has a message: status driver error. what can I do to...

I have an Asus M32cd desktop 64 bit with Windows 10. Today I opened devices & printers and next to the image of my desktop the was a gold triangular icon. Next to that were the words, status Driver error and below that there was the letter K. The computer works normally.

Recently l about 2 months ago, I download new drivers for my printer, Canon MF220 series. Since then in my device manager under imaging devices there is listed that printer with a small gold icon. Opening up that printer results in code 10 (can not start invalid operation for target device. Before the printer was listed twice, one that works normally and the other with code 10. Can any be done to rectify the problem?

:)

229dw, Oct 6, 2018
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Not working... I see the printer, but when I go to add it, I get this messge: "Windows could not connect to the printer (error 0x0000000d)."

I installed the 32-bit drivers for it and printed something out from the pc the printer is connected to, and I went to the additional drivers page and added drivers for 64-bit, and when I went to add the printer on the other machine, it copied drivers over, but after that I got the error message listed above...

3. newtekie1 Win User

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Oct 6, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

on devices & printers, my desktop has a message: status driver error. what can I do to...

Actually, my business card does say "Senior Network Engineer"*Laugh :laugh:, but that is only part of what I actually do, we are a full computer shop handling anything from basic computer setup to corporate networking to custom builds.

The error is definitely a problem with the 64/32 bit drivers conflicting, it is a real pain in the ass especially with Lexmark printers. With HP printers, you can just use a net use command to map the network printer to the LPT1 port and then install the printer as a local printer. However, Lexmark usually doesn't allow this with their printers, the drivers are coded in a way that won't allow them to be installed on an LPT port if the printer is supposed to be USB.

You can try removing the lexmark driver from the XP additional driver section, then try connecting to the printer again. It should ask you for the proper driver. You should be able to extract the lexmark driver somewhere on the 64-bit machine, and point to that location when asked. Also, if this is successful, you will probably have to go into both the XP and the Win7 machine's printer properties, go to the advanced tab, and change the print processor to WinPrint with datatype being RAW.

newtekie1, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

1. on devices & printers, my desktop has a message: status driver error. what can I do to... - Similar Threads - devices printers desktop

2. what do I do my HP printer has stopped working ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what do I do my HP printer has stopped working ?: Hello I have a fairly new HP laptop with Windows 11 my husband bought an HP printer, a 6400 all in one envy well right now it is really not the envy. It was working fine for a while and Iam not sure what happened but HP ink sent us some ink cartridges we use the 67 cartridges...
  3. what do I do my HP printer has stopped working ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what do I do my HP printer has stopped working ?: Hello I have a fairly new HP laptop with Windows 11 my husband bought an HP printer, a 6400 all in one envy well right now it is really not the envy. It was working fine for a while and Iam not sure what happened but HP ink sent us some ink cartridges we use the 67 cartridges...
  4. What software can display a capslock status message

in Windows 10 Customization
    What software can display a capslock status message: Greetings, I have installed some software on my Windows 10 PC that is displaying a Capslock status message in the bottom right of my screen each time I hit the capslock button. It minimizes any fullscreen application that I am running and is very annoying but I am not sure...
  5. Printer Error/ Collecting Printer Status

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Error/ Collecting Printer Status: Hello! I have been trying to print PDF files from my Microsoft computer, which is running windows 10, to no avail. Whenever I try, I get a message saying that there was a printer error. Other times I get one saying "collecting printer status." I've tried printing through...
  6. Printer error message on desktop Windows 10

Printer error message on desktop Windows 10: My Envy 5660 printer gets and Error message when I try to print from my desktop. I can print fine from my Apples and laptop. The message says: http://[fe3f:dbff:feca:281e%19]:3911/...
  7. My printer status is offline. How do I change the status to online?

My printer status is offline. How do I change the status to online?: My printer status is offline which means it is unable to print a document etc. But it prints test pages and from my iPhone. My question is how do I change the status to online? Thank you...
  8. printer status says error

printer status says error: printer status says error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-status-says-error/56fdbf11-cc3b-4ab1-98fc-65910caa67d3
  9. What can I do to fix the trouble shooting message: my printer USB Composite Device can't...

What can I do to fix the trouble shooting message: my printer USB Composite Device can't...: I have tried every suggested fix with no luck. Please help! Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-can-i-do-to-fix-the-trouble-shooting-message/5f2f58d0-d380-4aca-8852-691ec6083f52
  10. printer driver not available; what can I do?

printer driver not available; what can I do?: My printer will neither scan nor print from the desktop. There is a message stating "driver not available'. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-driver-not-available-what-can-i-do/e0326dbd-b0f8-4dff-b5d1-b581df1a9f55