Windows 10: On File Explorer left hand side list,how to remove hard drive in list?

Discus and support On File Explorer left hand side list,how to remove hard drive in list? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] How do I remove the hard drive "storage" line in this list on file explorer? It is not a quick access. I right click on it and it there's no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by goldentree78, Aug 20, 2019.

1. On File Explorer left hand side list,how to remove hard drive in list?

On File Explorer left hand side list,how to remove hard drive in list? [​IMG]

How do I remove the hard drive "storage" line in this list on file explorer? It is not a quick access. I right click on it and it there's no option to remove it from the list.

:)

goldentree78, Aug 20, 2019
  2. DeniseJM Win User

How do I get all of my hard drives listed on the left side as well as the right side of Windows Explorer?

You said:

select volume x

(x is a volume number, of the drive you want remove)

remove letter=x

(x is a selected volume letter)

I don't want to remove a hard drive from the list. I want them to be
    added
    to the left side of the Windows Explorer pane.

Diskpart found all of my hard drives. They are not all listed in the left hand side pane of Windows Explorer, only on the right.

DeniseJM, Aug 20, 2019
  3. File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

The File Explorer in Windows 10, shows the Frequent folders list and Recent files list by default. You can view the drives by clicking on This PC tab on the left site of the File Explorer. But if you wish the File Explorer
    to open This PC showing drives list by default, then follow these steps:

1. In Windows 10, open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.

2. In the View tab, find and click on Options, listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.

3. In the Folder Options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box labeled Open File Explorer To. Click the drop-down menu and select This PC. Click OK to
    save your changes and close the window. Now your File Explorer opens to Drives list by default.

Hope this helps!

JohnCalton, Aug 20, 2019
  4. slozomby Win User

On File Explorer left hand side list,how to remove hard drive in list?

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

On File Explorer left hand side list,how to remove hard drive in list?

1. On File Explorer left hand side list,how to remove hard drive in list? - Similar Threads - File Explorer left

2. How to uninstall a Program not listed in File Explorer uninstall list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall a Program not listed in File Explorer uninstall list: I wanted to try Firefox browser, but when I installed it, for some reason two browsers were installed. Two Firefox were listed in the Start Menu, so I uninstalled one of them. Now I have decided not to use Firefox so I want to uninstall the second version but it is not listed...
  3. How to uninstall a Program not listed in File Explorer uninstall list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to uninstall a Program not listed in File Explorer uninstall list: I wanted to try Firefox browser, but when I installed it, for some reason two browsers were installed. Two Firefox were listed in the Start Menu, so I uninstalled one of them. Now I have decided not to use Firefox so I want to uninstall the second version but it is not listed...
  4. How to uninstall a Program not listed in File Explorer uninstall list

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Detailed File List For External Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Detailed File List For External Hard Drives: I've been asked to tidy up a laptop and a couple of external hard drives for my mum, which will involve removing any duplicated photo's/songs/films - before passing away, my dad was notorious for saving the same thing in several areas but not always under the same name!Is...
  6. How to remove specific pinned items from left side quick access list?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove specific pinned items from left side quick access list?: Hey guys Can someone please tell me how I can remove specific pinned items from left side quick access menu? Also how to remove certain pinned items from the left side "This PC" list Thanks for any help. 135943
  7. How do I get all of my hard drives listed on the left side as well as the right side of...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get all of my hard drives listed on the left side as well as the right side of...: How do I get all of my hard drives listed on the left[ATTACH] side as well as the right side of Windows Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-all-of-my-hard-drives-listed-on-the/b3ac26a5-648d-4ddd-83dd-c93137f3c916
  8. creating a list of files that are on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    creating a list of files that are on an external hard drive: Can anyone tell me how I can create a list of files that are on an external hard drive. I have changed computers and now have windows 10. Someone else created the file for me which shows all the files that I have on my external hard drive....
  9. Dual drives listed in "File Explorer"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual drives listed in "File Explorer": Have my drives listed twice in this new build, ver. 1703, OS.Build-15063.296. Had a little program downloaded from Ten Forums which dealt with this problem, just had to run it and it took care of the problem, however it won't work in this new build. I know it has to do...
  10. Remove "Camera" and "Photos" from left hand side of File Dialog

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove "Camera" and "Photos" from left hand side of File Dialog: I've got an error at the moment that whenever I try and use the file dialog (e.g. save a new file, open a file, attach file to email etc), whatever application I'm using will crash. This seems to have started ever since the Windows 10 Creator Update installed itself on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer listed left to right