Windows 10: On FSX, unable to install SP2

Discus and support On FSX, unable to install SP2 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Win 10/64 Pro Hi, Just upgraded my PC with a new MoBo, microprocessor and DDR4 RAM. I had to re-install FSX because it was no longer licensed, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MeanSpitfire, Aug 29, 2020.

1. On FSX, unable to install SP2

Win 10/64 Pro

Hi,

Just upgraded my PC with a new MoBo, microprocessor and DDR4 RAM. I had to re-install FSX because it was no longer licensed, and restarting it would not bring the Activation prompt, as it should. So I re-installed it. I then installed SP1 without any issue and then tried to install SP2. That's when I get the following error: "The configuration data for this product is corrupt. Contact your service personnel." I've never encountered this issue before when re-installing was necessary for a new HD, or other reason. Any advice?

Thanks,

John

:)

MeanSpitfire, Aug 29, 2020
  2. IINexusII Win User

The Vista SP2 install thread

kept crashing on the last step when i used the installer from sp1 to sp2, better to start fresh with an iso

IINexusII, Aug 29, 2020
  3. Al-63 Win User
    fsx Installation on windows 10

Having same problem. FSX. Win10. Had to reinstall Windows. Now when attempting to reinstall FSX, I insert FSX DVD #1 and get Microsoft Flight Simulator X installshield wizard...Removing Applications. It asks for disc #2 and then after a few minutes I get:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X Error.

Error 1722. There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact support personnel.

Then:

Feature Transfer Error

Error: - 1603 Fatal Error During installation.

Consult Windows Installer Help.

Have tried multiple times. Unable to uninstall the non running FSX in order to do a fresh install... I followed the steps listed above and it did not solve the problem.

Help.

Al-63, Aug 29, 2020
  4. On FSX, unable to install SP2

Unable to install PMDG 737NGX due to no FSX sp2, which can't be installed w/o sp1, which apparently no longer exists.

Finally retired and have the time to install FSX (box) on my newer, upgraded computer (Win 7 Pro). I already installed the program on an internal Samsung SSD (not C: drive) to save system drive space, but when I try to install my PDMG 737NGX, it says it
    can't install the program until I install FSX sp2. I downloaded sp2 and attempted to install it, but it says I can't because I don't have FSX sp1 installed. When I searched the Microsoft site, sp1 can't be found. Now what?

helicopper, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

On FSX, unable to install SP2

1. On FSX, unable to install SP2 - Similar Threads - FSX unable install

2. FSX fails to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX fails to install: Did a machine clean and re-install Windows 10 Pro, intending to use the PC only for FSX. FSX ran perfectly before I reinstalled Windows, probably because I've avoided any updates like the plague for the last five years.Tried to install FSX, Error codes 1722 and 1603Removed...
  3. FSX msxml 4.0 SP2 problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX msxml 4.0 SP2 problems: Hi everybody, I'm trying to install FSX on my PC . The installation finished without any issue. But , when I try to lunch the game, a message error appears telling me that msxml 4.0 sp 2 is not found and that I have to reinstall the game. However, msxml 4.0sp2 is already...
  4. FSX msxml 4.0 SP2 problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FSX msxml 4.0 SP2 problems: Hi everybody, I'm trying to install FSX on my PC . The installation finished without any issue. But , when I try to lunch the game, a message error appears telling me that msxml 4.0 sp 2 is not found and that I have to reinstall the game. However, msxml 4.0sp2 is already...
  5. FSX SP2 won´t boot or crashes Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX SP2 won´t boot or crashes Windows 10: HelloA few weeks ago I'm having problems with FSX SP2. Sometimes it does not want to start Up and the bglmanx.dll and CMeteoXml.dll failure report appears.When I give the option "Yes" the simulator starts but during the flight it crashesI am attaching the screenshot showing...
  6. FSX SP2 won´t boot or crashes Windows 10

FSX SP2 won´t boot or crashes Windows 10: HelloA few weeks ago I'm having problems with FSX SP2. Sometimes it does not want to start Up and the bglmanx.dll and CMeteoXml.dll failure report appears.When I give the option "Yes" the simulator starts but during the flight it crashesI am attaching the screenshot showing...
  7. Unable to install WSUS 3.0 SP2 in windows 2008 R2 server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install WSUS 3.0 SP2 in windows 2008 R2 server: Hi Team,I am unable install WSUS on windows 2008 R2 And I don't know how to reach Microsoft support on this ,And can't find correct Microsoft forum regarding the issue.Could you please help us on this to get it installed .You can reach me using email ID : *** Email address is...
  8. Unable to install WSUS 3.0 SP2 in windows 2008 R2 server

Unable to install WSUS 3.0 SP2 in windows 2008 R2 server: Hi Team,I am unable install WSUS on windows 2008 R2 And I don't know how to reach Microsoft support on this ,And can't find correct Microsoft forum regarding the issue.Could you please help us on this to get it installed .You can reach me using email ID : *** Email address is...
  9. unable to register fsx

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    unable to register fsx: Fsx was registered after a reinstall. After a few minutes the program stopped and a message to register the FSX program appeared. The problem is that there was no screen wit a place to register (again). What is the problem? What should I do to fix this?...
  10. Unable to uninstall FSX app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to uninstall FSX app.: Today the disc version of FSX has been acting up and I decided to uninstall it and try and reinstall it and possibly fix it but my PC is unable to uninstall it because of this window that pops up, I've looked through the files an[IMG]d I can't still fix it, Any suggestions?...