Windows 10: On hold for 3+ hours

Discus and support On hold for 3+ hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The latest Windows 10 update will not detect my laptop's internal speakers, so I have no audio. Went through 2 tech people and have now been on hold... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZacharyBraun, Nov 3, 2020.

1. On hold for 3+ hours

The latest Windows 10 update will not detect my laptop's internal speakers, so I have no audio. Went through 2 tech people and have now been on hold for over 3 hours

On hold for 3+ hours 91d9f001-3b49-434d-9d5a-b1176ae8459a?upload=true.jpg

:)

ZacharyBraun, Nov 3, 2020

2. Recovery taking 3 hours

Hi,

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Turn off your computer.
    • Turn on your computer. As soon as you see the Windows logo with the spinning dots, press and hold down the power button until your computer turns off. Do this process twice.
    • Turn on your computer for the third time, and let it load.
    • It should give you the message: Preparing Automatic Repair.
    • On the next screen that would appear, click on Advanced Options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Go to Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.
    • Wait for the repair to finish.

Let us know how it goes.

Michael Gall, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Bitlocker HELP been on hold 4 hours

The recovery key I saved to my windows account does not work. Drive seized in autorepair/did not start successfully. Boot usb is no use. I've been on hold with data security for 4 hours and ready to go all night on hold. Suggestions or is my PC now an
    $800 paper weight?

rogerskirstin, Nov 3, 2020
  4. On hold for 3+ hours

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

On hold for 3+ hours

1. On hold for 3+ hours - Similar Threads - hold hours

2. Is a hold time for over an hour normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is a hold time for over an hour normal?: I'm having a windows activation problem. I had to call in because the troubleshooting tool is useless. I have a legit key. I called in and was told my key is legit and that i needed to be transferred to perform remote login work. I dont know why. I'm perfectly capable of this...
  3. Is a hold time for over an hour normal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is a hold time for over an hour normal?: I'm having a windows activation problem. I had to call in because the troubleshooting tool is useless. I have a legit key. I called in and was told my key is legit and that i needed to be transferred to perform remote login work. I dont know why. I'm perfectly capable of this...
  4. Chat support places me on indefinate hold for hours, and on multiple days.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chat support places me on indefinate hold for hours, and on multiple days.: How do I report this to their supervisors, and get the support I need?The only support channel found is Chat. I have waited in line for hours, described my situation, passed to 4 separate support staff, and finally dropped.A second attempt takes me back to the exact same dead...
  5. Chat support places me on indefinate hold for hours, and on multiple days.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chat support places me on indefinate hold for hours, and on multiple days.: How do I report this to their supervisors, and get the support I need?The only support channel found is Chat. I have waited in line for hours, described my situation, passed to 4 separate support staff, and finally dropped.A second attempt takes me back to the exact same dead...
  6. Chat support places me on indefinate hold for hours, and on multiple days.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Battery on laptop only holds charge for 1.5 hours max

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery on laptop only holds charge for 1.5 hours max: Hi. I have enabled all the power saving features, in the system settings, even in the Intel app. However, the charge only hold for 1h 30m max. Usually the charge must hold about 3-4 hours. I have the "Balanced" power scheme turned on, but I even tried "Energy saving" scheme,...
  8. Bitlocker HELP been on hold 4 hours

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker HELP been on hold 4 hours: The recovery key I saved to my windows account does not work. Drive seized in autorepair/did not start successfully. Boot usb is no use. I've been on hold with data security for 4 hours and ready to go all night on hold. Suggestions or is my PC now an $800 paper weight?...
  9. Been on Hold for an hour and need support.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Been on Hold for an hour and need support.: So I have been having an issue with activating my Windows 10 Pro Key as I had previously activated it on my machine but then due to a hardware fault I had to have all of my hardware recently purchased replaced under warranty, when I tried to activate windows again it said the...
  10. On Hold for Level 2 tech for over an hour

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    On Hold for Level 2 tech for over an hour: On Hold for Level 2 tech for over an hour. Now what https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-hold-for-level-2-tech-for-over-an-hour/d09f4eb8-b82b-4db2-944e-fcaa03d2e324