Windows 10: on initial setup of new win 10 computer, setup will not allow birthdate data entry

Discus and support on initial setup of new win 10 computer, setup will not allow birthdate data entry in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hung at birth date... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by m&b1006, May 6, 2019.

1. m&b1006 Win User

on initial setup of new win 10 computer, setup will not allow birthdate data entry

hung at birth date

:)

m&b1006, May 6, 2019
  2. Attrition Win User

Changing a Microsoft account from an (incorrectly entered) adult birthdate to the correct child's birthdate

The links provided in the above response pertain to an account which is already setup as a child. That is not my situation.

My issue is going from an ADULT account to a CHILD account. Currently, the account is setup (incorrectly) as an adult account. I would like to update the birthdate to reflect that this is a child account.

This is an easy scenario to test:

• Setup a new Microsoft account with a birthdate that makes you an adult.
    • Log off and then log back in
    • Go to your profile and attempt to change the birth date to make you a child.
    • The system will prevent you from making this change.
    Any suggestions?

Attrition, May 6, 2019
  3. ElbyJones Win User
    Changing System Administrator after Initial Setup of new Computer

Received new laptop from Dell today with Windows 10 installed. During initial setup, I loaded my Microsoft account in the set up, instead of creating a new account for my wife, who is using the new computer. So everything is appearing in my name and I
    need to delete me as the system administrator and make her the new administrator. How do I do this? Anyway to do a reset and just start the initial setup all over again from sratch?

ElbyJones, May 6, 2019
  4. on initial setup of new win 10 computer, setup will not allow birthdate data entry

Wi-Fi requires browser login Windows 10 initial setup

Windows 10 initial setup requires login to Wi-Fi, but won't launch the browser to allow login. The Wi-Fi hotspots I have access to rewrite login visa browser ad the final step. I'm dead in the water. Is there a way to get the browser to load so I can complete
    the Wi-Fi login at initial setup of Windows 10?

***Subject edited for clarity.***

TomBartley1900, May 6, 2019
Thema:

on initial setup of new win 10 computer, setup will not allow birthdate data entry

1. on initial setup of new win 10 computer, setup will not allow birthdate data entry - Similar Threads - initial setup computer

2. New computer setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer setup: I bought my wife a laptop and to set it up, I used my microsoft login. This set me up as Administrator. To get her to use the computer, I created a local account with a pin. Now she is using the computer, everything on MY computer, email etc has her name. I tried loging in,...
  3. New computer setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New computer setup: I bought my wife a laptop and to set it up, I used my microsoft login. This set me up as Administrator. To get her to use the computer, I created a local account with a pin. Now she is using the computer, everything on MY computer, email etc has her name. I tried loging in,...
  4. New computer setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    New computer setup: My husband bought a new computer last week and set it up following all direction prompts. He was able to sign in and use the computer that evening. Since then it will not accept his login pin #, To reset that, he needed to sign into his Outlook account. It won't accept...
  5. Can't enter birthdate in Windows 10 setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't enter birthdate in Windows 10 setup: Am doing initial setup of Windows 10 on new laptop. Hit the part about setting up a Microsoft account. But when I try to enter my birthdate it won't let me enter it, no matter if I try to type it in manually or if I try to select the date from the dropdown menu. Thus I can't...
  6. Windows 10 initial setup

Windows 10 initial setup: When initially setting up my new Laptop, I selected UK Keyboard when I should have selected US. How do I change this setting to 'US Keyboard'? I seem not to be able to find the 'Language' feature in 'Control Panel' Thankyou in advance for your help. Regards. Robert...
  7. Initial setup win 10 on beelink mini pc

Initial setup win 10 on beelink mini pc: Hi During the installation I closed the virtual keyboard accidentally and I just can't seem to have it opened again through ease of access menu... (it doesn't appear on screen) How can I have it back??? Help!...
  8. Windows 10 Initial Setup

Windows 10 Initial Setup: Hi I am trying to install windows 10 in a mac machien using windows bootcamp . I am runniing Mojave and all the apps are up to date just freshly installed yesterday . while insatlling and after the reboot , i am stuck in the page lets conenct to a internet , there is no...
  9. Initial setup of Windows 10

Initial setup of Windows 10: I bought a refurbished Lenovo Think Centre, and in the initial setup, I have been unable to change the default language and geographic location. The machine default is French. When I try to change the default to English, I get a message that a problem occurred, and I'm...
  10. Initial setup

Initial setup: I have a Gigabyte b360m ds3h motherboard and I am trying to install windows 10 but im not sure what im doing wrong. I have my flashdrive with the windows 10 media creation tool installed and formatted to NTFS but it is not showing up as a bootable drive. when i try to boot it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. initialize win 10 pro hung up at birthdate