Windows 10: / on keypad causes laptop to go to sleep

Discus and support / on keypad causes laptop to go to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Dell Latitude with Windows 10 started going to sleep seemingly randomly on me last week. I finally narrowed it down to the backslash / key on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SaraG-079, Jan 22, 2019.

1. SaraG-079 Win User

/ on keypad causes laptop to go to sleep

My Dell Latitude with Windows 10 started going to sleep seemingly randomly on me last week. I finally narrowed it down to the backslash / key on my keypad. Did I accidently create a shortcut?! How do I turn this off!?!?

:)

SaraG-079, Jan 22, 2019

2. windows 10 update caused toshibia laptop keypad to stop working

Hi Dan,

For us to isolate your concern with laptop keypad, we would like to know the following:

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 22, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

1. / on keypad causes laptop to go to sleep - Similar Threads - keypad causes laptop

2. Laptop crashes when going to sleep mode. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by driver...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashes when going to sleep mode. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by driver...: My Asus M515DA laptop is crashing every time it goes to sleep mode. Using the program WhoCrashed i got the following report:Computer name:LAPTOP-42269N9HWindows version:Windows 11, 10.0, version 2009, build: 25921 x64Windows dir:C:\WINDOWSHardware:VivoBook_ASUSLaptop...
  3. Laptop crashes when going to sleep mode. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by driver...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop crashes when going to sleep mode. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by driver...: My Asus M515DA laptop is crashing every time it goes to sleep mode. Using the program WhoCrashed i got the following report:Computer name:LAPTOP-42269N9HWindows version:Windows 11, 10.0, version 2009, build: 25921 x64Windows dir:C:\WINDOWSHardware:VivoBook_ASUSLaptop...
  4. Lenovo laptop cannot go to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop cannot go to sleep.: My laptop cannot go to sleep. When I tap on the sleep option next to shut down/restart, the PC automatically wakes up. I've tried every solution. Disabling sleep timers, etc. etc.I think the issue is that due to a minor liquid spillage, my built-in keyboard spam-inputs...
  5. Laptop not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop not going to sleep: I have just completed a full/clean re-install Win10 Pro 64Bit 21H1 (Pro vers installed as per the Windows key associated with the laptop) of my elderly father in-laws laptop after he was hacked on Tuesday. The hackers tried to steal some money from his bank A/C (blocked by...
  6. Laptop won't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't go to sleep: Whenever I close the lid or manually tell my laptop to go to sleep the screen turns off but the computer is still running. The only way to turn it off is to hard press the power button and force it to shut down. If I start my pc in safe mode the same problem appears. Here...
  7. Laptop keypad issuse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keypad issuse: My n key is not working in laptop keypad, But the screen keypad is working. I am update keyboard in device manager then suddenly n key is working in laptop keypad but sometimes later again stop working then what the issue is that???...
  8. HP Laptop Not Going to Sleep

HP Laptop Not Going to Sleep: I replaced a mechanical HDD with an SSD in an HP 15t-n200, and reinstalled windows. When the computer tries to go to sleep the screen turns off, but the status lights remain on. Usually when it goes to sleep they flash, and the only way to get the computer to respond is to...
  9. Laptop randomly going to sleep

Laptop randomly going to sleep: Hi, my laptop has been having a problem where it is randomly going to sleep. Everything else seemed to work fine until recently the hard drive became very slow and glitchy for while, and things started crashing repeatedly etc, but only happened temporarily which led me to...
  10. Laptop keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop keeps going to sleep: I have an HP 8540 laptop. I have the power settings set to high performance and all the options to go to sleep when plugged in are set to off/no. HOWEVER, it keeps going to sleep even when things like a download is running. There r a few things like my 3D printer program...