Windows 10: on laptop, plug in mouse ok, unplug mouse then no track pad control

Discus and support on laptop, plug in mouse ok, unplug mouse then no track pad control in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I find I have to reboot to gain track pad control again. Is that normal? 131638 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sdowney717, Apr 28, 2019.

1. on laptop, plug in mouse ok, unplug mouse then no track pad control

I find I have to reboot to gain track pad control again. Is that normal?

:)

sdowney717, Apr 28, 2019

2. Laptop Mouse Pad

After installing Windows 10, every time I reboot my laptop the laptop mouse pad is activated with my optic mouse plugged in. I have to always disable the laptop mouse pad. When I was using Windows 8.1 it stayed disabled on startup.

KennethBass_843, Apr 28, 2019
  3. disable mouse pad on windows 10

I have a Asus laptop computer, Mod. number X53E. I have tried everything suggested to disable my touch pad mouse but none of the suggestions have help me disable it. Help.

wayne dumanski, Apr 28, 2019
  4. on laptop, plug in mouse ok, unplug mouse then no track pad control

Mouse pad turn off windows 10 on a HP laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please reply: What happens when you try disabling the mouse pad? Do you receive any error message?

You can also disable your mouse pad by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on the Mouse driver and click on Disable.
    • A prompt will appear, click yes.
    I would also suggest you update the driver from the device manager.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

on laptop, plug in mouse ok, unplug mouse then no track pad control

1. on laptop, plug in mouse ok, unplug mouse then no track pad control - Similar Threads - laptop plug mouse

2. Mouse Pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Pad: Hi,I've just got a new laptop and I'm having trouble with my pointer. It does things all on it's own, without me clicking on anything. Also, when I'm typing, I will suddenly be typing in the middle of a previous sentence, it's very frustrating and I can't find how to stop it....
  3. Mouse Pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Pad: Hi,I've just got a new laptop and I'm having trouble with my pointer. It does things all on it's own, without me clicking on anything. Also, when I'm typing, I will suddenly be typing in the middle of a previous sentence, it's very frustrating and I can't find how to stop it....
  4. Mouse and track pad stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and track pad stopped working: I was coding using python on my laptop and my usb mouse shut off. I tried plugging it into other usb ports and it wouldn’t work. My trackpad is also not working at all and won’t respond to me sliding or pressing it. How can I fix this?...
  5. inhibit touch pad when a mouse is plugged in

inhibit touch pad when a mouse is plugged in: Shortly after the last windows 10 automatic upgrade I am no longer able to disable my touch pad on my HP laptop - I use to be able to do it so that when an external mouse was detected the internal touch pad was disabled. Can't do that anymore and its a real inconvenience....
  6. on laptop, plug in mouse ok, unplug mouse then no track pad control

on laptop, plug in mouse ok, unplug mouse then no track pad control: I find I have to reboot, then unplug mouse to gain track pad control again. Is that normal? It would be much better to be able to unplug mouse, then control reverts to trackpad without a reboot. 131638
  7. mouse pad

mouse pad: On my laptop, the pas does not move the mouse any more? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pad/5e96e8a4-1bc7-4f2e-93bd-f913ecd41551
  8. Turn off track pad when mouse is present

Turn off track pad when mouse is present: just running the by everyone. I'm configuring a dell inspiration 13 7368, I have been unable to turn off the trackpad. No options seem to be available in either control panel or setting/trackpad or settings/mouse. and no trackpad software. although the trackpad works great. I...
  9. Mouse Pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Pad: I have a Toshiba laptop, and my mouse on my computer is not working, what can i do to get it to work again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pad/60e3d4cf-131d-4b43-817f-be08457ccdd9
  10. mouse pad

mouse pad: How do reverse disabling the mouse pad on an asus touchscreen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mouse-pad/33b07987-2d8c-4743-9b2c-35077e9ac08e