Windows 10: On lockscreen, keyboard somehow becomes unresponsive other than triggering "click" sounds...

Discus and support On lockscreen, keyboard somehow becomes unresponsive other than triggering "click" sounds... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My cat likes to sleep on my frickin laptop, so, when I forget to close the lid, occasionally I'll move the mouse, turning on the screen, and find that... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DuckMS1, Feb 22, 2021.

1. DuckMS1 Win User

On lockscreen, keyboard somehow becomes unresponsive other than triggering "click" sounds...

My cat likes to sleep on my frickin laptop, so, when I forget to close the lid, occasionally I'll move the mouse, turning on the screen, and find that pressing ctrl+alt+delete my stupid work enforces that to unlock does nothing, and each key on the keyboard just triggers a clicking sound.

I'm guessing it's related to "sticky keys", and maybe there's some keyboard shortcut that turns that on. But the shortcut I found to turn it off holding both shift keys for 5 seconds doesn't work.

So I'm stuck on the lock screen until I hold the power button to force a shutdown. There's not even a way to click the power menu to get a graceful shutdown because the lock screen has nothing accessible until ctrl+alt+delete is pressed which can't be done in the current, "clicky key" state.

Any ideas how to get the keyboard to function again in this case? I'd love to not have to spend half an hour getting back to my current state after forcing a shutdown.

:)

DuckMS1, Feb 22, 2021
  2. John Vil Win User

Keyboard unresponsive after update to Windows 10 version 1073

Hi,

One possible reason why your keyboard is slow and unresponsive after an update may be due to driver incompatibility. As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to resolve this issue. Kindly follow the steps
    below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices from the list and follow the prompts.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Feb 22, 2021
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Feb 22, 2021
  4. cadaveca Win User

On lockscreen, keyboard somehow becomes unresponsive other than triggering "click" sounds...

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue On lockscreen, keyboard somehow becomes unresponsive other than triggering "click" sounds... :p

cadaveca, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

1. On lockscreen, keyboard somehow becomes unresponsive other than triggering "click" sounds... - Similar Threads - lockscreen keyboard somehow

2. Workstation becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Workstation becomes unresponsive: Hello Everyone,So we have a workstation that now from time to time without faile becomes unresponisive, the full deal:Black screen, no pining, SNMP down and not a single input working.It is still running, and after a restart if works again for some time.After scouring the...
  3. Workstation becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Workstation becomes unresponsive: Hello Everyone,So we have a workstation that now from time to time without faile becomes unresponisive, the full deal:Black screen, no pining, SNMP down and not a single input working.It is still running, and after a restart if works again for some time.After scouring the...
  4. Computer becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer becoming unresponsive: So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and...
  5. Applications becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications becoming unresponsive: I purchased a Dell i7-Gen 8 laptop over a year ago and moved my applications from my old laptop, including two database applications: Family Tree Maker 2019 and Microsoft Money 2007. Both programs worked flawlessly until an update in early September 2020. Since then, I am...
  6. PC becomes unresponsive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC becomes unresponsive?: So basically I've been doing fine on this PC then recently since this Sunday. Anytime I play low-performance games I don't have a problem but when I paly a high-performance game my screen will freeze on that game and if I manage to Alt + Tab out the other windows are also...
  7. keyboard clicking sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard clicking sound: How do I turn off the clicking sound that started on my keyboard ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-clicking-sound/ca2362e2-04fa-4d8b-b42e-6497334f8263
  8. keyboard click sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard click sound: how do I turn off keyboard click sound on my desktop's keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/keyboard-click-sound/a3fcafbb-989e-4d43-b2aa-0c72dbe1a796
  9. keyboard clicking sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard clicking sounds: For some reason the keyboard clicks when I type, and sometimes hesitates (is slow). I have looked up ways to change this but I do not have a section under control panel/devices/keyboard called touch or similar. I think maybe the version of Windows 10 I have has changed...
  10. ModernUI becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    ModernUI becomes unresponsive: Gaming PC, usual response after gaming for 1 hour or more. Can't click on Start tile, no apps will launch (Mail, Edge, etc.) can double-click program icons to run Windows applications. Usually fix by CTRL/ALT/DEL, log out then restart. Win10 16299.192 GeForce 390.65...