Windows 10: On Microsoft Store, the Samsung Update app won't download, error Code 0x80073D05

Discus and support On Microsoft Store, the Samsung Update app won't download, error Code 0x80073D05 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have a Samsung Series 9 Notebook and have been using the Samsung Update app from the Microsoft Store to download Samsung software / BIOS updates... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by peb1130, Dec 5, 2019.

1. peb1130 Win User

On Microsoft Store, the Samsung Update app won't download, error Code 0x80073D05

I have a Samsung Series 9 Notebook and have been using the Samsung Update app from the Microsoft Store to download Samsung software / BIOS updates since I purchased the computer in 12/17. The app has been occasionally glitchy, but no insurmountable issues -- until now.

When I tried to run the Samsung Update app to update the software today, I got a message that the app itself needed to restart because of an update. No problem, I clicked restart. So the computer restarted, and I ran the app again ... but the same message came up. So I clicked restart again. But the same thing happened over and over again.

So I went to the Add/Remove program feature and uninstalled the Samsung Update app and then tried reinstalling from the Microsoft Store.

The Microsoft Store says "you own this app" even though I clearly deleted it and then tries immediately to reinstall, but always comes fails and comes up with the same error message Code 0x80073D05.

I already tried terminating the Microsoft Store processes, restarting Microsoft Store, and uninstalling / reinstalling Microsoft Store. Still the same result when I tried to download the Samsung Update app -- error message Code 0x80073D05. (And just to be certain, I tried installing other apps from the Microsoft store, with absolutely no problems.)

So, I need help with one or all of the following:

1. Another way to download the app from the Microsoft Store that I haven't tried / don't know about.

2. Elevating this to the tech department at Microsoft so they can fix the Samsung Update app so it's downloadable.

3. A link to download the Samsung Update app for my that exists outside of the Microsoft Store (on the Microsoft website, perhaps).

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide! An FYI, below is a screenshot of the error message.

On Microsoft Store, the Samsung Update app won't download, error Code 0x80073D05 31a1d164-2156-42dc-8927-8118097cb6bd?upload=true.jpg

:)

peb1130, Dec 5, 2019
  2. oxonsi Win User

Error code 0x80073D05; Windows Store cache may be damaged

I have been tried to install an extension for the Edge browser from the Windows Store, and I keep receiving the error code 0x80073D05.

That led me to try the Microsoft Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. It tells me that the "Windows Store cache and licenses may be corrupt.", and offers to reset Windows Store. After attempting to reset Windows Store, it tells me, "Windows Store cache may be damaged" and that it is not fixed.

Then I found some advice to run WSReset.exe in 'C:\Windows\System32' as Administrator. But I still received the 0x80073D05 error after this.

Finally I tried renaming the Cache folder 'C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState' to Cache.old, and creating a Cache folder. After that reboot, and re-run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter, and it is supposed to now fix the corruption. But no, it still says, "Windows Store cache may be damaged" and that it is not fixed.

So all of that said, is there any way to resolve this issue. Or if this happens, is one simply out of luck? Only solution is to create a new user account, or reset / re-install Windows 10?

Thanks for any info!

oxonsi, Dec 5, 2019
  3. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Teejai(2) Win User

On Microsoft Store, the Samsung Update app won't download, error Code 0x80073D05

error code 0X80073D05

Twitter for windows crashed on my windows PHONE and I am trying to reinstall it. I have windows 10 on the phone and each time I try, I get an error message - error code 0X80073D05. All the resolutions I have seen on here and elsewhere online seem to be referring
    to functions on a PC windows store which does not help as the App is on my Phone. Any suggestions on a fix would be welcome.

Thanks

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

Teejai(2), Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

1. On Microsoft Store, the Samsung Update app won't download, error Code 0x80073D05 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store Samsung

2. Error Code 0x80073D05

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code 0x80073D05: I reinstalled Mineraft In the store. And while it was reinstalling this Error Code popped up and the installation was cancelled. Error Code 0x80073D05Can Someone pls help me...
  3. Error Code 0x80073D05

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Code 0x80073D05: I reinstalled Mineraft In the store. And while it was reinstalling this Error Code popped up and the installation was cancelled. Error Code 0x80073D05Can Someone pls help me...
  4. Error Code 0x80073D05

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Error Code 0X80073D05 on Windows 10 Store

Error Code 0X80073D05 on Windows 10 Store: i uninstalled netflix because the app keep signing out after exit. when i tried to reinstalled it keep stop at installing and says error. the error message says "Reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can wait a bit and try again or restart your device....
  6. Error Code 0x80073d05 Can't download Minecraft

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error Code 0x80073d05 Can't download Minecraft: Help, I can't seem to install minecraft. I've tried multiple options but still it isn't working. Please respond ASAP, I have to play on a tournament. Oh and by the way, I've heard this is a bug, is this true? Because I can download every other app but when it comes to...
  7. Microsoft Store app not reinstalling--error code 0x80073D05

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store app not reinstalling--error code 0x80073D05: I uninstalled the Office app from the Microsoft store and am trying to reinstall it. It downloads all the way, but it only installs to 90% before encountering error code 0x80073D05. I've restarted my computer, reset the Store, and reset the cache with wsreset.exe. I've...
  8. Microsoft Store error 0x80073D05 when installing or uninstalling apps

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Store error 0x80073D05 when installing or uninstalling apps: [ATTACH]If you’ve been using Microsoft Store apps a lot over the past couple of years, then chances are, you may have come across this error. […] This post Microsoft Store error 0x80073D05 when installing or uninstalling apps is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Error 0x80073D05 : Unable to install Spotify Music App from microsoft Store

Error 0x80073D05 : Unable to install Spotify Music App from microsoft Store: Hello, It has been monthes now since I have this issue, I'm slowly starting to become insane... I've been using the spotify app from the microsoft store for years (better implementation imo), but from a day to another, the app started to bug. I tried to uninstall it and...
  10. Error code 0x80073D05; Windows Store cache may be damaged

in Windows 10 Support
    Error code 0x80073D05; Windows Store cache may be damaged: I have been tried to install an extension for the Edge browser from the Windows Store, and I keep receiving the error code 0x80073D05. That led me to try the Microsoft Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. It tells me that the "Windows Store cache and licenses may be...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft store 0x80073d05