Windows 10: On my ASUS laptop how do I change from click to tap on the touchpad?

Discus and support On my ASUS laptop how do I change from click to tap on the touchpad? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my ASUS laptop how do I change from click to tap on the touchpad?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MariaStrand1, Oct 14, 2018.

1. On my ASUS laptop how do I change from click to tap on the touchpad?

On my ASUS laptop how do I change from click to tap on the touchpad?

:)

MariaStrand1, Oct 14, 2018
  2. keesadad Win User

Followed the directions on my ASUS Q503UA laptop. No tap disable

-+-I tried the regedit process suggested, but when I get to Software, there is no Elantech, nor is there anything
    resembling Touchpad. I have a shaky right hand- I have not only started options I didn't want, I have literally deleted whole folders and directories with this tap feature. The computer I'm trying to change is an Asus G75VX, on which
    I upgraded from Win 8.1 64 to Win 10 64. Win 8 had Smart Gesture, but the win 10 install just added a PS2 driver, which doesn't provide a tap-off option. I am writing this on my personal Asus laptop G771J, and Smart Gesture works fine.

keesadad, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    ASUS Touchpad not working

Hi Cyril,

There's a possibility that you're getting this concern due to an out-dated driver. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check if ASUS Touchpad is enabled on your device. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Type Settingson the search bar and press Enter.
    • Select Devices.
    • Click Mouse & touchpad.
    • Select Additional mouse options on the right pane.
    • Choose Device Settings (some called ELAN) pane, check Yes/No of Touchpad. If
      No, click Enable and select OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Joan Pin, Oct 15, 2018
  4. debralutz Win User

Laptop Touchpad TAP TO CLICK Windows 10

With Windows 8, I can just tap on the touch pad to make mouse pointer click. Now I have to physically depress the touchpad to make it click. Actually the mouse pointer completely disappeared, but I figured out how to get it back. Now I just need to get
    the TAP TO CLICK working. I LIKE tap to click. I do NOT like having to depress the touchpad to click. Isn't there something in the setting that I can change to make it TAP TO CLICK ????????? ASUS LAPTOP, Not sure what model.

Thanks in advance.

Debra

debralutz, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

1. On my ASUS laptop how do I change from click to tap on the touchpad? - Similar Threads - ASUS laptop change

2. No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No options to disable tap-to-click or gestures on touchpad - Lenovo laptop: Hi, I recently purchased a Lenovo V15 IIL laptop Windows 11 and cannot seem to disable the tap-to-click or gestures on the touchpad. I have tried numerous other guides and fixes but nothing will work.To be clear, I do not want to disable the touchpad. I just want to be able...
  3. How do I turn off tap to click?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off tap to click?: I have looked and gone through the community forums but I cannot find the setting. Does anyone know how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-tap-to-click/c8fa15d8-0931-4aed-b2fd-af3b7ab1d45b
  4. How do I turn off tap to click?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off tap to click?: I have looked and gone through the community forums but I cannot find the setting. Does anyone know how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-tap-to-click/c8fa15d8-0931-4aed-b2fd-af3b7ab1d45b
  5. How do I disable "tap to click" on my HP with Elan Touchpad?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I disable "tap to click" on my HP with Elan Touchpad?: I have found a ton of information online, but most of it seems outdated since it doesn't apply to me or my situation. To be honest, after researching this topic in the past, I was able to disable it, but...I had forgotten how to now. If someone would be so kind to assist...
  6. How do I disable tapping on my Windows 10 touchpad.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable tapping on my Windows 10 touchpad.: There is no option for doing this anywhere in the mouse settings. I have the touchpad sensitivity on lowest and things still keep opening when I scroll, it makes browsing the internet almost unusable....
  7. Disable tap to click on touchpad.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable tap to click on touchpad.: I recently installed an update to Windows 10. I originally had my touchpad set to only use the buttons to click, because I GODDAMN HATE WHEN THE TOUCHPAD ACCIDENTALLY CLICKS ON SOMETHING WHEN I BRUSH MY HAND ACROSS IT!!! I can't find anywhere to turn it off, and I swear to...
  8. Tap-to-click doesn't work on ASUS touchpad after updating driver

Tap-to-click doesn't work on ASUS touchpad after updating driver: Recently I have received an update for the ASUS Touchpad on my X540L Series laptop, which is running Windows 10 Insider. After installing and restarting, everything I can do with the touchpad works, except the tapping functions. I cannot tap to click, and as the result I...
  9. Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable the tapping feature (aka: Tap...
  10. How do I get middle click via a three finger tap with my touchpad?

How do I get middle click via a three finger tap with my touchpad?: So I recently purchased a new laptop that has Windows 10 installed (Acer Aspire E5-573G) and I would like to change the way the touchpad taps work. Specifically, I would like a middle click from a three finger tap. It's an ELAN touchpad, if that makes any difference, and I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. elan touchpad change click

2. asus laptop keypad to tap instead of click

3. asus touch pad change click to tap