Windows 10: On my desktop screen I usually have 50+ Folder Icons today they vanish

Discus and support On my desktop screen I usually have 50+ Folder Icons today they vanish in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Windows 10 Version has apparently been changed from V 2004 (OS build 19041.572 to 0S BUILD 19041.630) Leaving me with a Desktop cleared of my Filing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by billz, Nov 23, 2020.

1. billz Win User

On my desktop screen I usually have 50+ Folder Icons today they vanish

My Windows 10 Version has apparently been changed from V 2004 (OS build 19041.572 to 0S BUILD 19041.630) Leaving me with a Desktop cleared of my Filing system for my decades of document Folders in my Face so to speak. What's Happened? Has any body else had this problem. It may be my fault With my Desk Papers on my keyboard burying it and keys accidently being pressed.
    I have in the past had MS move some of my stuff into the cloud - I have no interest in this at the moment as I am trying to search gradually through my folders.
    I still have my Folders somewhere - hopefully!

:)

billz, Nov 23, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Desktop Icons vanished

To : DrAS,

Just to elaborate what Berton has told you..........that you are on Tablet Mode.
    If it is what Berton has suggested, you can have your desktop back. Follow steps below................
    Bottom right next to Time, there is a notification icon > click it > click Tablet mode.
    You should have your desktop back.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

On my desktop screen I usually have 50+ Folder Icons today they vanish [​IMG]

davidhk, Nov 23, 2020
  3. DrAS Win User
    Desktop Icons vanished

Good evening

As of today without my apparent intervention:

1. Desktop icons have vanished (cannot right click on desktop)
    2. Taskbar icons have vanished (got them back as right-click works on taskbar)
    3. Cannot minimise window (browser, Outlook etc)

Is this an 'update' or have I carelessly altered something?

Many thanks

4. Berton Win User

Desktop Icons vanished

I saw that once and discovered I had Tablet Mode turned on.

Berton, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

1. On my desktop screen I usually have 50+ Folder Icons today they vanish - Similar Threads - desktop screen usually

2. Some desktop icons, folders, files and games have vanished, help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some desktop icons, folders, files and games have vanished, help: I just turned my laptop back on after restarting it and a lot of the files, folders, documents and games that I had on the desktop have suddenly vanished, there's still about 30% of them left, how do I get my missing items back?!?!?...
  3. Some desktop icons, folders, files and games have vanished, help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some desktop icons, folders, files and games have vanished, help: I just turned my laptop back on after restarting it and a lot of the files, folders, documents and games that I had on the desktop have suddenly vanished, there's still about 30% of them left, how do I get my missing items back?!?!?...
  4. Some desktop icons, folders, files and games have vanished, help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is my lock screen on desktop plain blue today instead of the usual

Why is my lock screen on desktop plain blue today instead of the usual: Instead of the usual images that were supposed to be on there, it was a plain blue background I never saw before. I didn't take a picture of it. And there was no way to take a screen shot of it either. But yet it was still talking about a bird and Darwin's island. 177809
  6. how do I get my desktop icon back on the bottom of the screen they have vanished?

how do I get my desktop icon back on the bottom of the screen they have vanished?: icons on the bottom have disappeared and I would like to get them back as this task view option is waste of time. and the icons work better and more efficiently....
  7. The taskbar icons have vanished!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The taskbar icons have vanished!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/spiritbear1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eiminr/the_taskbar_icons_have_vanished/
  8. Added a second monitor and my desktop icons have vanished

Added a second monitor and my desktop icons have vanished: I added a second monitor to my WIN10 Home ASUS laptop. My desktop icons have vanished. However, a transparent white blank bar appears at the top of my screen when the mouse cursor is moved to the top. If I click on the ghosted bar, the Windows Explorer opens up to the...
  9. icons on taskbar have vanished

icons on taskbar have vanished: Bought this HP laptop about 2 years ago and all was fine until recently, For no reason, suddenly icons for apps like Firefox, Edge, Skype, Mail, Instagram all disappeared. Word, Excell and Outlook icons remained but the rest became invisible or replaced by the app name in...
  10. Desktop Icons vanished

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons vanished: Good evening As of today without my apparent intervention: 1. Desktop icons have vanished (cannot right click on desktop) 2. Taskbar icons have vanished (got them back as right-click works on taskbar) 3. Cannot minimise window (browser, Outlook etc) Is this an...