Windows 10: on my husbands hp laptop running windows 10 -start up error message? Help please?

Discus and support on my husbands hp laptop running windows 10 -start up error message? Help please? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; this message appeared when my husband turned on his hp laptop? C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable, If the location... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RuthNash, Nov 24, 2018.

1. RuthNash Win User

on my husbands hp laptop running windows 10 -start up error message? Help please?

this message appeared when my husband turned on his hp laptop?

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable, If the location is on this PC, make sure that the device or drive

is connected or the disc is inserted, then try again, if the location is on the network, make sure that you're connected to the network or internet, then try again, if the location still can't be found, it might have been moved or deleted.

So, We turned off the laptop and turned on again and after absolute ages for anything to load, this message appeared :-

An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist.

Can you please advise Me why these messages have appeared and what they mean? Could it be a Windows 10 update has installed and has caused an error on rebooting or Is it something more sinister??

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated?

Many Thanks and concerns

Ruth Nash

:)

RuthNash, Nov 24, 2018

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Nov 24, 2018
  3. lawmikes Win User
    Windows 10 will not download on HP laptop running 8.1??

trying to install windows 10 on laptop running 8.1. Error message of 0x800704DD-0x90016. Any suggestions?

lawmikes, Nov 24, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

on my husbands hp laptop running windows 10 -start up error message? Help please?

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

1. on my husbands hp laptop running windows 10 -start up error message? Help please? - Similar Threads - husbands laptop running

2. Deceased Husband - Administrator on HP Envy Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deceased Husband - Administrator on HP Envy Laptop: Hello,My husband died and with him the administrator password and pin to all of the household laptops HP Envy. He was the administrator on all of them. I've tried everything to get in Pin and Password. How can I get in? Yes, there's a hint but I can't crack that either....
  3. Deceased Husband - Administrator on HP Envy Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deceased Husband - Administrator on HP Envy Laptop: Hello,My husband died and with him the administrator password and pin to all of the household laptops HP Envy. He was the administrator on all of them. I've tried everything to get in Pin and Password. How can I get in? Yes, there's a hint but I can't crack that either....
  4. Deceased Husband - Administrator on HP Envy Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I really screwed up my husbands laptop and lost windows 10 help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I really screwed up my husbands laptop and lost windows 10 help: four days ago my husband had an update and after installing it restarted with an outlook sign in, well he couldn't remember his password and every time we tried to reset it would say we didn't give enough information to be given that information. I couldn't get in through...
  6. setting up my husbands new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    setting up my husbands new laptop: Hello, My husband got a new used Dell inspiron laptop and it was set to factory settings. so while hes trying to set it up the "Sign in with Microsoft , then you get to country and birthdate but it will not take his birthdate... it doesn't propagate the month day or year....
  7. Laptop running Windows 10 will not start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop running Windows 10 will not start up: Hello, my laptop running Windows 10 will not start up. It just loops from the start screen which shows the Lenovo logo, then very briefly shows a message related to a software update, then powers off and then immediately powers back on. It then continues this process over and...
  8. Error message at start up in windows 10

Error message at start up in windows 10: I am receiving an error message at startup in windows 10 stating, "The logfile C:\programfiles\logitech gaming software\ArxApplets\discord\logitechg_discord.exe.log could not be opened Errno 13 Permission Denied: C:\\programfiles\logitech gaming...
  9. Please help with error message

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help with error message: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vangsterxll [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ffp3wp/please_help_with_error_message/
  10. Error Message Keeps Popping Up Please help.

Error Message Keeps Popping Up Please help.: I recently installed and uninstalled a thermaltake RGB controller software. After uninstalling, every time I start my pc, an error message pops up explaining that the RGB software was attempted to be started but the file was missing. This kind of thing is really annoying when...