Windows 10: On my laptop, I'm stuck on lock screen, it just says sign in and nothing I do changes it....

Discus and support On my laptop, I'm stuck on lock screen, it just says sign in and nothing I do changes it.... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Played games one morning then stopped, closed my laptop for a few hours I then opened it to find that once I went to the lock screen no pin appeared,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SBM12no, May 30, 2023.

1. SBM12no Win User

On my laptop, I'm stuck on lock screen, it just says sign in and nothing I do changes it....

Played games one morning then stopped, closed my laptop for a few hours I then opened it to find that once I went to the lock screen no pin appeared, it just shows my name and then under it , it says sign in. When I clicked it just reappears. Sometimes it says new user but then goes back to sign or other times it says one moment... But then goes back to sign. I tried restarting my laptop through the power options or the physical button and tried reconnecting and disconnecting usb devices+charger and tried ctrl+alt+delete. Nothing changes. I have windows 11 os installed with the recent updates.

:)

SBM12no, May 30, 2023
  2. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, May 30, 2023
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, May 30, 2023
  4. On my laptop, I'm stuck on lock screen, it just says sign in and nothing I do changes it....

Windows Spotlight - Lock Screen image will not show on Sign-In Screen

Hi Bastet and Paul Black,

Thanks for such a quick response! I had tried the steps involved in Brink's tutorial already (both manually and running the .bat file, just in case), but I've given them one more try just to see if it worked - no luck, I'm afraid! While Spotlight itself works on the Lock screen, as soon as I press a key to move to the Sign-In screen to enter my PIN, it changes back to a plain flat-colour background - and that's even with "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" enabled under Personalization.

If I set this to 'disabled', the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen but not the Sign-In screen.
    If I set it to enabled, both Lock and Sign-In show as a plain flat-colour background.

Hi Dalchina,

Thanks for this suggestion as well - I've tried this too (both enabling and disabling the registry key). It seems to get me one step closer. If I create and set 'DisableLogonBackgroundImage' to '1' under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System, then the outcome of "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" under Personalization seems to have a different effect. Regardless of whether "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen", the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen. However, it still doesn't show on the Sign-In page. That's still just a solid colour.

Do I want DisableLogonBackgroundImage to be 0 or 1? I guessed 1 as I figured that was a 'disable' key - kind of like a double negative On my laptop, I'm stuck on lock screen, it just says sign in and nothing I do changes it.... :)

And with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SystemProtectedUserData\<your account's SID key>\AnyoneRead\LockScreen, there's the HideLogonBackgroundImage key - which I guess should be set to 0?

I feel like it's just got to be one darn registry key somewhere to fix this, but I've got no idea where to look!

Apologies - I know this is all very trivial but it's irritated me enough that it's getting personal now *Wink

musiclover99, May 30, 2023
Thema:

On my laptop, I'm stuck on lock screen, it just says sign in and nothing I do changes it....

1. On my laptop, I'm stuck on lock screen, it just says sign in and nothing I do changes it.... - Similar Threads - laptop I'm stuck

2. I'm stuck on the sign in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm stuck on the sign in screen: So, I wanted to make a local account for my computer because it was hooked to a school email I don't even use. I did the whole setup for a local account and then it said I had to make a PIN. Then it was loading like intended, and the window closed, and my computer went to...
  3. I'm stuck on the sign in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm stuck on the sign in screen: So, I wanted to make a local account for my computer because it was hooked to a school email I don't even use. I did the whole setup for a local account and then it said I had to make a PIN. Then it was loading like intended, and the window closed, and my computer went to...
  4. On my laptop, I'm stuck on lock screen, it just says sign in and nothing I do changes it....

On my laptop, I'm stuck on lock screen, it just says sign in and nothing I do changes it....: Played games one morning then stopped, closed my laptop for a few hours I then opened it to find that once I went to the lock screen no pin appeared, it just shows my name and then under it , it says sign in. When I clicked it just reappears. Sometimes it says new user but...
  5. I changed my password to nothing but now I'm locked out of my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I changed my password to nothing but now I'm locked out of my computer: I read somewhere that you can have no password so that you just press enter when it asks for password and it'll sign you in. I tried doing that but now when I try to sign in I get "incorrect password" every time, even when I try my old password...
  6. I changed my password to nothing but now I'm locked out of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed my password to nothing but now I'm locked out of my computer: I read somewhere that you can have no password so that you just press enter when it asks for password and it'll sign you in. I tried doing that but now when I try to sign in I get "incorrect password" every time, even when I try my old password...
  7. I changed my password to nothing but now I'm locked out of my computer

8. I can't change my sign-in/lock screen background?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't change my sign-in/lock screen background?: Ever since I reset my computer a few months ago, I haven't been able to change my lock screen background. I already tried all the regedit and gpedit stuff, none of those were the actual problem. I just haven't been able to change it since "some of these settings are hidden or...
  9. Stuck between Lock Screen and Sign In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck between Lock Screen and Sign In: I purchased, downloaded, and installed Flight Simulator 2020 yesterday. I purchased it from the Microsoft Store, and in order to do that, I had to change my Windows account on the computer from a Local Account to "Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead" because I was...
  10. My laptop stuck at the "just a moment" screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop stuck at the "just a moment" screen: I forget my laptop password when I tried to format my laptop Got stuck at the " just a moment" screen and I can't get access for the boot mode to reformat it just keep restarting and view the same screen any help pleese ?...