Windows 10: on my windows 10 my dynamic lock is not working as my bluetooth is off.

Discus and support on my windows 10 my dynamic lock is not working as my bluetooth is off. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do i install bluetooth in my windows 10 as my dynamic lock is not working as my bluetooth is off. I never had this problem before when my windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sram127, Feb 4, 2020.

1. sram127 Win User

on my windows 10 my dynamic lock is not working as my bluetooth is off.

how do i install bluetooth in my windows 10 as my dynamic lock is not working as my bluetooth is off. I never had this problem before when my windows 10 was installed

:)

sram127, Feb 4, 2020
  2. Rohn007 Win User
    Rohn007, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    turn on bluetooth for dynamic lock

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you have already performed. In order to get clarity of the issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model of your system?
    2. May I know what you exactly mean by “my computer has no Bluetooth”, “but I had it working half an hour ago”. Are you speaking about the Bluetooth or the Dynamic lock?
    3. Which troubleshooter gave you the message that your system had no Bluetooth compatibility?

Windows Hello uses a phone that’s paired with your device to automatically lock it shortly after you’re out of Bluetooth range.
    Hence this requires Bluetooth to be working on your system. We will look into this for you, please try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it works for you.

Method 1: Install the Bluetooth driver from the manufacturer’s website.

If your system came with inbuilt Bluetooth option, I would suggest you to download and install the Bluetooth driver from the system manufacturer’s website and check if it is helpful to you.

Method 2: Check the registry entry.

Disclaimer: This method contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure
    that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, before you modify the registry, take a backup of it by following the steps provided in the article below, then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

1. Press the Windows key and
      R key, this will open the Run dialogue box for you.
    2. Type regedit and press
      Enter. This will open the Registry Editor for you.
    3. Navigate to the following key
      - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
    4. Look for a DWORD called
      EnableGoodbye in the right panel.
    5. Make sure its value is set to
      1 for it being Enabled.
    6. Close the Registry Editor.
    7. Reboot your system, check if the issue still persists.

Method 3: Check the Group Policy settings.

If you are using Windows 10 Professional, you can check if few settings in the Group Policy Editor are in place. To do that, please follow the steps below.

1. Press the Windows key and
      R key to open the Run dialogue box.
    2. Type gpedit.msc and press
      Enter. This will open the Local Group Policy Editor for you.
    3. Navigate to the following path in the Group Policy Editor,
      path - Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Hello for Business
    4. On the right panel, please check for the entry called
      Configure dynamic lock factors.
    5. Double click on it, this will open a new window.
    6. Select the Radio button for
      Enabled, set the Signal Rules, click on
      Apply
      and OK.
    7. Close the Group Policy Editor.
    8. Reboot the system and check if the issue still persists.

Please get back to us with the details and results of the troubleshooting steps.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Feb 4, 2020
  4. on my windows 10 my dynamic lock is not working as my bluetooth is off.

Dynamic Lock in Windows 10

Device Info:

• Edition: Windows 10 Pro
    • Version 1803
    • Running: OS Build 17134.345

Bluetooth Device Info

• iPhone 6 Plus

Story:

I am trying to use the Dynamic Lock feature that was introduced in the Windows 10 Creators update. As I try to enable it, I can't for some reason. Is there any reason as to why this isn't working?

TechProRex, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

on my windows 10 my dynamic lock is not working as my bluetooth is off.

1. on my windows 10 my dynamic lock is not working as my bluetooth is off. - Similar Threads - dynamic lock working

2. Dynamic Lock on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dynamic Lock on Windows 10: Can I pair my Iphone 10XR through blue tooth to the dynamic lock feature in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dynamic-lock-on-windows-10/66775c71-b9f1-4cd2-9150-915a06f590e2
  3. "Dynamic lock is not working" ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Dynamic lock is not working" ?: Not sure what "Dynamic lock is not working" Please help? * Moved from Virus & Malware * Original title: drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dynamic-lock-is-not-working/ebc15016-bedd-4d8d-a001-e69afb1f675b
  4. turn on bluetooth for dynamic lock

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    turn on bluetooth for dynamic lock: I never had this problem before. Because troubleshooter said I had no Bluetooth capability, and that was like a year ago. But my dynamic lock was working then. I don't get it someone please help....
  5. dynamic lock not working?

in Windows 10 Customization
    dynamic lock not working?: Hi there, the dynamic lock states Not working -and cannot find the paired device, either out of range or Bluetooth off (but indeed has already paired before except only file transfer Bluetooth has not worked at all)? referring to the iPhone6s+, in fact on both devices it's...
  6. Dynamic Lock in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Dynamic Lock in Windows 10: Device Info: Edition: Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 Running: OS Build 17134.345 Bluetooth Device Info iPhone 6 Plus OS: iOS 12.1 Story: I am trying to use the Dynamic Lock feature that was introduced in the Windows 10 Creators update. As I try to enable it, I can't...
  7. Windows 10 Dynamic Lock is not working or missing

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Dynamic Lock is not working or missing: [ATTACH] The Dynamic Lock feature of Windows 10 makes it easy for the users to lock their computers as soon as they move away from them. They do not need any special hardware like IR Cameras to use this features. If [...] This post Windows 10 Dynamic Lock is not working or...
  8. Dynamic Lock not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dynamic Lock not working: My dynamic lock isn't working with my iPhone even though in windows settings my phone is paired in blue tooth. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dynamic-lock-not-working/e4b8984e-8e3e-4d2e-a9bb-a095ea1969a1
  9. Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock Problem Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock Problem Notifications in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock Problem Notifications in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock Problem Notifications in Windows 10 shut down[/b]. When the computer is locked, you will be taken to the lock screen by default to dismiss and sign in when ready...
  10. Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock with Phone in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock with Phone in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock with Phone in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock to Automatically Lock Windows 10 PC shut down[/b]. When the computer is locked, you will be taken to the lock screen by default to dismiss and sign in when ready to...