Windows 10: On new computer wireless keyboard works for password but not for required PIN set up!

Discus and support On new computer wireless keyboard works for password but not for required PIN set up! in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I got a new computer with Win10 on it. After fighting the screen resolution I had full access. Today I turn it on and it asked for Microsoft password.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ScottOsborn, May 17, 2020.

1. On new computer wireless keyboard works for password but not for required PIN set up!

I got a new computer with Win10 on it. After fighting the screen resolution I had full access. Today I turn it on and it asked for Microsoft password. Then it said I had to type a pin. My wirless keyboard worked fine with the password but not the PIN. The numbers work but not the letters. Now what do I do? I don't have another keyboard.

:)

ScottOsborn, May 17, 2020

2. Wireless keyboard not working

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to connect the keyboard to a different computer and check if it works.

Apart from wireless keyboard, I would also suggest you to connect wired keyboard to the computer and check the status.

If issue still persists, try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Check in compatibility mode.

Download the keyboard drivers from your computer manufacture website for Windows 10.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed
      with the installation.
    • Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Ravindra Kamath, May 17, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Need a new wireless keyboard - suggestions?

This is a for work - not gaming!

My work keyboard is a wireless logitech, lasted some 6 years and now has a case of sticking keys, so I need a new one. I really liked it, thought the key action isn't the greatest. It has been through millions of keystrokes.

I have a G5 gaming mouse (both work and home), I want to keep that.

So I'm looking for:

• Wireless and responsive
    • (USB and PS2 capable)
    • Assignable hot keys
    • Dedicated volume and playback buttons
    • Great feel (for lots of typing)
    • Intergrated wrist-wrest
    • Black (nice not to see gunk that builds up)
    • Under $100
    Anyone have any "passionate" suggestions? I plan to stop at staples to try some out. I am partial to Logitech.

Sasqui, May 17, 2020
  4. On new computer wireless keyboard works for password but not for required PIN set up!

Setting PIN to default without changing password

Hello,

My computer was previously set to a default PIN but that changed suddenly for no apparent reason (I wasn't fooling around in settings or anything security related). I can't get it to revert back to the PIN being the default choice for login. Other forum
    threads suggest removing that password but that is impossible. If you click change, it REQUIRES you to type in a new password and there is no option to remove or delete the password.

Furthermore, I use that password on my other computer rather than the PIN and don't want to delete it in the first place. So how can I set the PIN back to default?

JaclynJames, May 17, 2020
Thema:

On new computer wireless keyboard works for password but not for required PIN set up!

1. On new computer wireless keyboard works for password but not for required PIN set up! - Similar Threads - computer wireless keyboard

2. Computer keep saying pin is required. I never set up a pin in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keep saying pin is required. I never set up a pin in windows 11: Computer keep saying pin is required to sign in. Never set up a pin. Used face recognition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-keep-saying-pin-is-required-i-never-set/17fad9f8-75b3-43d0-b7a8-ddff862b59bd
  3. setting up a user on a new computer for work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting up a user on a new computer for work: I am setting up a new computer for our small charity. We have MS 365... I wanted to set it up with one of the users we have through MS 365.... but Windows will not allow a work user to be the first user... so I set up with my personal account. I then went to add a work...
  4. setting up a user on a new computer for work

setting up a user on a new computer for work: I am setting up a new computer for our small charity. We have MS 365... I wanted to set it up with one of the users we have through MS 365.... but Windows will not allow a work user to be the first user... so I set up with my personal account. I then went to add a work...
  5. Pin set up not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin set up not working: Hi,My laptop had to be wiped after it needed a new motherboard and on return I had to set up my account etc again, but didn’t have to use the pin or make any changes etc to it to do this.I also changed my email for my Microsoft account when setting up as that old email...
  6. Pin set up not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin set up not working: Hi,My laptop had to be wiped after it needed a new motherboard and on return I had to set up my account etc again, but didn’t have to use the pin or make any changes etc to it to do this.I also changed my email for my Microsoft account when setting up as that old email...
  7. Pin set up not working

8. Cannot login to computer "incorrect password" but was set up with a PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot login to computer "incorrect password" but was set up with a PIN: So I very recently purchased a refurbished PC from PCs for People. I went through the set up process and used it so far maybe six times without a problem. When turning on the computer it was set up with a pin code. However now it says to enter the password for my Microsoft...
  9. Pin, Password Required to log on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin, Password Required to log on: I have the requirement for password or pin disabled but everytime I log in I have to put in one or the other. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I have been unable to find anyone who has addressed this issue online....
  10. How to Set Up a LAN that Requires No Password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Set Up a LAN that Requires No Password: OSs: Windows 10, 10, 8.1, 7, XP; Ubuntu I've operated this private wired LAN for several years but now with the advent of Windows 10, passwords seem to be no longer avoidable. Even "TeamViewer" requires one. First, is it possible anymore to operate a LAN without...