Windows 10: On occasion disconnected ethernet globe icon shows up

Discus and support On occasion disconnected ethernet globe icon shows up in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I update my windows 10 a few days back and on occasion my wifi icon changes to a disconnected globe icon and I can't reconnect to the wifi unless I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tedros91, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Tedros91 Win User

On occasion disconnected ethernet globe icon shows up

I update my windows 10 a few days back and on occasion my wifi icon changes to a disconnected globe icon and I can't reconnect to the wifi unless I restart my PC. What the hell is going on? It's bad enough that the updates keep slowing down my PC and takes longer to startup!

:)

Tedros91, Sep 22, 2019

2. Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Not sure why this is happening. I have working ethernet and am connected, it works fine. But the taskbar icon shows a red X over it, and the tooltip says "Not Connected - No connections are available". Looking in "Network & Internet", ethernet is not even listed there. And before anyone suggests wireless interference .. this PC does not have a wireless card or integrated wireless.

winderpExpress, Sep 22, 2019
  3. le_flyer Win User

Internet Shortcuts turned into a Globe instead of site icon

The internet shortcut is the icon for the website. for example If I create a shortcut to a YouTube Video I would like to return to at a later date, the icon shows as a "globe". For example all of my YouTube video shortcuts changed to a Globe. This does
    not occur on all icons.

How do I recover the correct icon?

le_flyer, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

1. On occasion disconnected ethernet globe icon shows up - Similar Threads - occasion disconnected ethernet

2. my internet is connected to laptop but still showing globe icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my internet is connected to laptop but still showing globe icon: my internet is connected to laptop but still showing globe icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internet-is-connected-to-laptop-but-still/c190e238-9393-49e0-be54-215d5b83cb98
  3. my internet is connected to laptop but still showing globe icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my internet is connected to laptop but still showing globe icon: my internet is connected to laptop but still showing globe icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internet-is-connected-to-laptop-but-still/c190e238-9393-49e0-be54-215d5b83cb98
  4. Globe icon replacing the ethernet icon and no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Globe icon replacing the ethernet icon and no internet: Today my pc started having a problem that a globe icon is showing instead of the standard ethernet icon. When the globe icon shows up my internet is gone. When starting up my pc the ethernet logo will show but switches to the globe icon. Any help will be much appreciated....
  5. Globe icon replacing the ethernet icon and no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Globe icon replacing the ethernet icon and no internet: Today my pc started having a problem that a globe icon is showing instead of the standard ethernet icon. When the globe icon shows up my internet is gone. When starting up my pc the ethernet logo will show but switches to the globe icon. Any help will be much appreciated....
  6. Globe icon replacing the ethernet icon and no internet

7. Wifi Globe icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi Globe icon: So whilst i was playing a game a globe icon appeared and crashed my games, I've looked at youtube, reddit, internet on fixes yet they work for 5 minutes at most and the globe icon comes back? Does anyone know a permanent fix that will help? submitted by /u/loliuzivertical...
  8. Globe icon

Globe icon: Sorry but i don't really know that much about computers, i been having a problem with my laptop lately where my laptop stops using my wifi saying i'm conected and suddeny it changes to a globe icon I used to solve it by restarting my PC but now not even restarting it works i...
  9. Globe Icon in Taskbar

Globe Icon in Taskbar: Hello, I recently just got a PC, and there’s a globe icon on the taskbar instead of the wifi connectivity icon. When ever I press it, it takes me to ‘network and internet settings’ but then when I click ‘show available networks’, nothing happens. Does anyone know how to fix...
  10. Wifi globe icon, no connection

Wifi globe icon, no connection: I have a hp omen gaming laptop with windows 10 on it and when i try to connect with my wifi it says no connection available. The internet icon is a globe with a circle and a stripe through it. I tried to reinstall the driver and i renewed the ip adres but nothing worked so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. globe setting on taskbar

2. windows 10 network globe icon Ethernet

3. why have a globe in sted of wifi on my pc

4. globe icon instead of wifi,
  5. globe icon no internet,
  6. windows 10 network icon shows disconnected when connected,
  7. windows 10 globe icon instead of ethernet no internet,
  8. globe icon into the taskbar fix,
  9. disconnected globe icon at wifi icon,
  10. getting globe on taskbar,
  11. globe symbol on taskbar network