Windows 10: ON/OFF Button Won't Stay ON (??)

Discus and support ON/OFF Button Won't Stay ON (??) in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When going to Settings > Gaming and trying to turn the Game Bar button ON (from the right, OFF position), the button stubbornly goes right back to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by divine, Jan 6, 2020.

1. divine Win User

ON/OFF Button Won't Stay ON (??)

When going to Settings > Gaming and trying to turn the Game Bar button ON (from the right, OFF position), the button stubbornly goes right back to the OFF position (???). See attached screenshot.

Anyone have any insight on this? VERY WEIRD!

:)

divine, Jan 6, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

In Settings in Store I set "Update apps automatically" to Off.

When I go back in again it`s set back to On. Why won`t it stay switched Off?

How do I get this stupid **** to DO WHAT I TELL IT and SWITCH OFF?

What`s the point of having a Setting that you can`t Set?

H. G. (En), Jan 7, 2020
  4. ON/OFF Button Won't Stay ON (??)

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

ON/OFF Button Won't Stay ON (??)

1. ON/OFF Button Won't Stay ON (??) - Similar Threads - OFF Button Won't

2. Mouse won't let screen stay off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse won't let screen stay off: I have a Microsoft sculpt ergonomic mouse and keyboard set and they won't let my desktop sleep or turn the screen off after a set amount of time. I've had them for a few years but the process started a month ago.if I unplug the dongle then the computer will sleep fine but...
  3. Mouse won't let screen stay off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse won't let screen stay off: I have a Microsoft sculpt ergonomic mouse and keyboard set and they won't let my desktop sleep or turn the screen off after a set amount of time. I've had them for a few years but the process started a month ago.if I unplug the dongle then the computer will sleep fine but...
  4. laptop won't stay asleep/turned off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop won't stay asleep/turned off: I have a very annoying problem. My laptop wakes up when I don't want it to . I have even gone as far as to shut it down only to find that it has turned itself back on and wasted my battery power. This is a sign that the AI can't be shutoff and skynet is in charge. It was bad...
  5. System volume won't stay off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System volume won't stay off: I keep muting the system sound notifications and the volume keeps going back to 100%. This is not happening on one computer, it is happening on 2 different computers, so I am guessing it is a Windows 11 issue. How to I keep the system volume at 0%,...
  6. System volume won't stay off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System volume won't stay off: I keep muting the system sound notifications and the volume keeps going back to 100%. This is not happening on one computer, it is happening on 2 different computers, so I am guessing it is a Windows 11 issue. How to I keep the system volume at 0%,...
  7. Laptop display won't stay turned off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop display won't stay turned off: I have my laptop setup to turn off when I press the power button. But over the last month or so, doing this makes it turn off for like a second and turn back on. I've tried unplugging everything, restarting, having no programs open, and none of these have fixed the issue. I...
  8. wifi switch/button won't stay on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi switch/button won't stay on: I have 2 laptops, one of them, I have no troubles with my wifi, the other laptop was working fine, but now, I can't access the internet because suddenly, my wifi switch/button will not stay on, it keeps sliding back to off. I have looked up answers on my one laptop on the...
  9. Cortana on off button wont stay on

in Cortana
    Cortana on off button wont stay on: Hi I have an ACER computer bought this week and I cannot use Cortana. When I go into settings and try to turn on HEY CORTANA the toggle just goes back to off and will not stay on Voice Cortana wont turn on with the Microsoft button + C either I am using my mobile as a...
  10. Proxy won't stay off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Proxy won't stay off: How to keep proxy off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/proxy-wont-stay-off/b3615d1f-2236-4558-916d-c43ed169e58d