Windows 10: On, or off, that is the question?

Discus and support On, or off, that is the question? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it more beneficial to leave my pc switched on, all the time. I usually turn monitor off when not in use during day. *Huh 132445 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by elbmek, May 12, 2019.

1. elbmek Win User

On, or off, that is the question?

Is it more beneficial to leave my pc switched on, all the time. I usually turn monitor off when not in use during day. *Huh

:)

elbmek, May 12, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, May 12, 2019
  3. Shuyin03 Win User
    New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, May 12, 2019
  4. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, May 12, 2019
Thema:

1. On, or off, that is the question? - Similar Threads - off question

2. Followup on question, "how do I turn off notification?" Titled, "Stop Num Lock On...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Followup on question, "how do I turn off notification?" Titled, "Stop Num Lock On...: The original description was, "After I reinstalled Windows 11 on my Surface Go3 I3, i get a Num Lock On notification whenever I type using the key pad of my Logitech MX5500. How do I turn off notification?"I tried Logi Options+, which is a nice application, but was unable...
  3. Followup on question, "how do I turn off notification?" Titled, "Stop Num Lock On...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Followup on question, "how do I turn off notification?" Titled, "Stop Num Lock On...: The original description was, "After I reinstalled Windows 11 on my Surface Go3 I3, i get a Num Lock On notification whenever I type using the key pad of my Logitech MX5500. How do I turn off notification?"I tried Logi Options+, which is a nice application, but was unable...
  4. Questions regarding WORD. How do I turn off all the alerts on my document?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questions regarding WORD. How do I turn off all the alerts on my document?: I have three laptops and use all three to make changes to an ongoing document I have in WORD.Lately, I am completely baffled by changes that have taken place and want to stop all of it. I like to keep things simple. I do not need to know what changes have occurred I'm the one...
  5. Questions regarding WORD. How do I turn off all the alerts on my document?

Questions regarding WORD. How do I turn off all the alerts on my document?: I have three laptops and use all three to make changes to an ongoing document I have in WORD.Lately, I am completely baffled by changes that have taken place and want to stop all of it. I like to keep things simple. I do not need to know what changes have occurred I'm the one...
  6. I can’t turn off the question reply. Unsubscribe doesn’t work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t turn off the question reply. Unsubscribe doesn’t work.: I posted a question on the community board and no matter how many times I hit unsubscribe to the question, I still get notifications of a post....
  7. I can’t turn off the question reply. Unsubscribe doesn’t work.

I can’t turn off the question reply. Unsubscribe doesn’t work.: I posted a question on the community board and no matter how many times I hit unsubscribe to the question, I still get notifications of a post....
  8. shutting off and restart in question

shutting off and restart in question: After 10 minutes my PC keeps on restarting. It ongoing issue in my PC and I dont know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-off-and-restart-in-question/f161d063-017c-4849-b513-a2b5bc3f27fe
  9. shutting off and restart in question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shutting off and restart in question: After 10 minutes my PC keeps on restarting. It ongoing issue in my PC and I dont know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-off-and-restart-in-question/f161d063-017c-4849-b513-a2b5bc3f27fe
  10. shutting off and restart in question

in Windows 10 Gaming