Windows 10: On Pausing Updates - and v2004 update

Discus and support On Pausing Updates - and v2004 update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was offered the Feature Update v2004 on my main PC a week or 2 back. I choose not to install it right now, so I paused updates until July. Now I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TV2, Jun 14, 2020.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

On Pausing Updates - and v2004 update

I was offered the Feature Update v2004 on my main PC a week or 2 back. I choose not to install it right now, so I paused updates until July.

Now I had recently read in the forum that the Feature updates will not automatically install unless you choose to do so.
    So I figured- if that's the case then I'll turn updates back on so I can get the current 1909 updates and I will install the Feature Update when I choose.

But when I turned updates back on the Feature Update immediately began installing.
    A quick shutdown and then reset the update pause and I'm OK.

Is this the way it is?
    Is there any way to turn updates back on and keep the Feature Update from installing?

:)

2. Windows Update/Problems Pausing Updates

HI Larry,

With Windows 10, you have the option to plan updates around your busy schedule or pause them. We suggest that you follow the steps provided in this

article
    to schedule updates in Windows 10.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Jun 14, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Hesed3 Win User

Update Pause

Got it. But it is a bit confusing. At the top it said Check for Updates and when I clicked that it searched and found the Update but said something like can’t do it now because Pause is set and down further it said Resume Update
    . When I went to Settings Advanced I was offered a choice of a bunch of dates, but not a Cancel Pause.
    I think the message on the Update page would be clearer if the button said
    Remove (or Cancel) Pause. Resume Update suggests that you have canceled updates , not paused them .

Hesed3, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

1. On Pausing Updates - and v2004 update - Similar Threads - Pausing Updates v2004

2. PAUSE UPDATES ****!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PAUSE UPDATES ****!!!: WINDOWS 11 > SETTINGS > WINDOWS UPDATE > MORE OPTIONS > PAUSE UPDATES "GET THE LATEST UPDATES TO PAUSE AGAIN" Is this button supposed to change when updates are paused, or is that only reflected in the windows heading? I'm seeing the button constantly shows "Pause Updates",...
  3. PAUSE UPDATES ****!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PAUSE UPDATES ****!!!: WINDOWS 11 > SETTINGS > WINDOWS UPDATE > MORE OPTIONS > PAUSE UPDATES "GET THE LATEST UPDATES TO PAUSE AGAIN" Is this button supposed to change when updates are paused, or is that only reflected in the windows heading? I'm seeing the button constantly shows "Pause Updates",...
  4. Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Paused but not Paused?: Hi everyone, I have been on windows trying to fix this issue and I think I made it worse. Resume updates was not showing as an option so I tried a few "fixes" and this happened:As you can see, the top area says that Windows update is unpaused, while the other areas say...
  5. Update to Win10 v2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update to Win10 v2004: I have tried to update to version 2004 of Win10 Pro twice now, once in early September and again on 10/15/2020. After the first attempt, I reverted to v1909 because I had the same problems I am encountering on the second attempt. This time, I'm going to try to resolve the...
  6. Windows v2004 Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows v2004 Update: I cannot log into Windows after the update. Whether I try my PIN or Mi rosoft password, I get "User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." Furthermore, holding down shift key and restarting does not give a screen to choose safe mode to start. It...
  7. Update Pause

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update Pause: How do I cancel or de select and update pause https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-pause/9c8a032f-07d5-4bcb-952f-6a15477088d4
  8. Pause Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pause Updates: In the new update there is a feature to "PAUSE UPDATES" with no option to turn this off. I for one do not need to pause my updates I like to install them as they are released....
  9. Pause Updates Not Pausing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pause Updates Not Pausing: My Windows 10 1903 updated itself on June 29 th. At that point I chose to pause updates until sometime in August. Today, July 10, it tried to update itself again completely ignoring my pause request. Did I do something wrong or is this a bug? Thank you. 136354
  10. Pausing updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pausing updates: First the question, then the background. I'm on Windows 10, build 1703, kb15063.786. I turned on the Pause update option. What exactly will this stop? Namely, will this prevent build 1709 from downloading and updating, and for how long? The background: I was on...