Windows 10: On-prem to azure ad

Discus and support On-prem to azure ad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, We have some customers that wants to take all services to azure. We have sett up ad sync so users are loaded up and computers are azurr ad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tor MariusLillestøl, Feb 8, 2020.

1. On-prem to azure ad

Hi,

We have some customers that wants to take all services to azure. We have sett up ad sync so users are loaded up and computers are azurr ad registered.

We are trying to find the best way to automate the transfer for the computers.

What is the best approach.

The computers are in a ad with different companies so i belive hybrid is out of the question.

Are there a way to change from onprem to azure ad for computers?

Scripts gpo or something else?

Regards

Tor Marius

:)

Tor MariusLillestøl, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Dino-M Win User

Disconnecting on prem AD and then joining Azure AD creates new Windows profile?

Hello everyone,

I have a question about joining computers in my firm from on prem AD to Azure AD. When someone new arrives at our firm (new employee), there is a fresh installation of Windows 10. It is easy to join Azure AD
    because it is a fresh start, but now we have to migrate all Windows 10 users that are on prem AD to Azure AD. When I disconnect those users from our local on prem AD and join them to Azure AD, whole new Windows 10 profile is created, without any of settings,
    data or anything else on that profile (clean profile with few applications that are installed computer-wide). So my question is, is there any solution to keep their profile settings from before they joined Azure AD? Or I will have to simply tell them to backup
    everything (essential data).

What I tried so far:

• Tried tools for migration like ForensiT (User Profile Wizard, User Profile Manager and Transwiz, just to see if it is going to work) - not successful
    • Tried changing profile path from registry - not successful
    • Tried log in with the old credentials example: CONTOSO\user (because after I joined that computer to Azure AD user should log in as *** Email address is removed for privacy ***) - not successful
    Is there anything else I can try? Thanks for your answers.

Dino-M, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Disconnecting on prem AD and then joining Azure AD creates new Windows profile?

Hi Dino,

There maybe ways on how we can migrate profiles from Prem AD to Azure AD. Please check MS TechNet forum for discussion on this. You can also post your concern on their forum as they are the right department for this inquiry.
    We already provided the exact forum to look for, just click here.

Don't hesitate to update us if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Feb 8, 2020
  4. On-prem to azure ad

Windows 10 Remote Desktop connection using Azure AD Credentials

My organization is running Windows 10 joined to Azure AD organization (completely cloud hosted, i.e. no on-prem Active Directory). I login to my PC with a username in the form of "username@organization.com" with no issues and have enabled Remote Desktop connections to this PC.

If I attempt to Remote Desktop from another PC on the LAN or from home, my credentials are always deemed invalid. If I attempt to login using a local account (via RDP) it works just fine.

Can anyone suggest why Azure AD credentials do not work over RDP or how to enable this feature?

Andrew Mahon, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

On-prem to azure ad

1. On-prem to azure ad - Similar Threads - prem azure

2. Migrating On Prem VM to Azure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating On Prem VM to Azure: Hi Experts, We have a requirement of moving out VMs as is in Azure from Current On-Prem and the process we are following isCreate a RAW image from an on-prem VM.Convert the RAW image to VHD.Move the VHD file to Azure Storage.Convert the Disks to managed disks.Mount the OS...
  3. Migrating On Prem VM to Azure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrating On Prem VM to Azure: Hi Experts, We have a requirement of moving out VMs as is in Azure from Current On-Prem and the process we are following isCreate a RAW image from an on-prem VM.Convert the RAW image to VHD.Move the VHD file to Azure Storage.Convert the Disks to managed disks.Mount the OS...
  4. Azure and on-prem hybrid and NTP best practices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure and on-prem hybrid and NTP best practices: Hello allFor those of you in an Azure hybrid environment i.e. on-prem and Azure with DCs in each did you make any changes to NTP on Azure machines or are you using the out of box configuration when using NTP? I assume people are leaving the default for all machines in Azure...
  5. Azure and on-prem hybrid and NTP best practices

Azure and on-prem hybrid and NTP best practices: Hello allFor those of you in an Azure hybrid environment i.e. on-prem and Azure with DCs in each did you make any changes to NTP on Azure machines or are you using the out of box configuration when using NTP? I assume people are leaving the default for all machines in Azure...
  6. Privileged Access Workstations to manage On-Prem AD and Azure AD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privileged Access Workstations to manage On-Prem AD and Azure AD: Hi,I am looking for a PAW solution with which we can administer critical Tier0 On-Prem systems and also the high privileged Azure AD tasks For example; Global Admin tasks. Is there any article or source available which we can refer to get a better understanding on this. Could...
  7. Privileged Access Workstations to manage On-Prem AD and Azure AD

Privileged Access Workstations to manage On-Prem AD and Azure AD: Hi,I am looking for a PAW solution with which we can administer critical Tier0 On-Prem systems and also the high privileged Azure AD tasks For example; Global Admin tasks. Is there any article or source available which we can refer to get a better understanding on this. Could...
  8. Privileged Access Workstations to manage On-Prem AD and Azure AD

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Azure AD Hybrid environment with on prem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure AD Hybrid environment with on prem: I have an existing domain in PA but I want to avoid purchasing a lot of equipment to start a domain in MIA. If I were to choose Azure AD instead on purchasing an On-prem and a server license; purchase all the equipment needs for a on-prem setup isn't neccessary, I can create...
  10. Azure AD Hybrid environment with on prem

Azure AD Hybrid environment with on prem: I have an existing domain in PA but I want to avoid purchasing a lot of equipment to start a domain in MIA. If I were to choose Azure AD instead on purchasing an On-prem and a server license; purchase all the equipment needs for a on-prem setup isn't neccessary, I can create...