Windows 10: On restart, I get no Bitlocker PIN request blue screen but I can still enter PIN - How do I...

Discus and support On restart, I get no Bitlocker PIN request blue screen but I can still enter PIN - How do I... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This is only an issue on RESTART. When I am powering on from being off, I get the normal blue screen with the PIN request, option to enter the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PaulQ_602, Dec 25, 2019.

1. PaulQ_602 Win User

On restart, I get no Bitlocker PIN request blue screen but I can still enter PIN - How do I...

This is only an issue on RESTART. When I am powering on from being off, I get the normal blue screen with the PIN request, option to enter the recovery, etc.

When I restart, I watch it close everything, then the screen goes black. My keyboard is backlit so it lights up and that's when I know it is waiting for a PIN. I can enter the PIN blindly, hit enter, and it boots up. Everything works except it doesn't show the blue PIN screen. I am just estimating when it is ready and entering the PIN.

I have tried a lot of things:

• Updating the BIOS - no change
    • Check Windows Update - no updates needed
    • Plug the monitor into the built-in graphics adapter instead of my installed card - No change
    • Scan system files - No change and everything good
    • Turn off fast boot - No change
    • Tried this as suggested on numerous sites: bfsvc.exe %windir%\boot /v
    • There was another command-line approach that I can't recall
    • Installing the driver for my monitor - no change

Anyone have experience with the blank, black PIN request screen? I'd love to have a normal PIN request.

If this doesn't work, I may remove the PIN but it looks like that's complicated.

Thanks!

:)

PaulQ_602, Dec 25, 2019

2. Bitlocker Blank blue screen at PIN screen

Our organization requires Laptops to be Encrypted with a PIN #. One of our Laptops is giving me trouble. I have Bitlocker turned on and fully encrypted and have require Startup PIN with TPM in the Require additional authentication at startup in GPEDIT. I also have the Enable use of Bitlocker Authentication Requiring preboot Keyboard input on Slates enabled. When turning on the Laptop Bitlocker comes up with the light blue screen where you enter the PIN but the screen is blank. It doesn't say Bitlocker or have a box to enter the PIN #. Now I can just type the pin # and press enter and it works and loads windows as normal. I obviously can't give this Laptop to a user like this.

Anybody have any suggestions as to a resolution to this issue.
    Thank You.

drew22to375, Dec 25, 2019
  3. pin request

Hi sanjay28

Thank you for posting and welcome to Nokia forum! :Cool:

Your Nokia device requests PIN (Personal Identification Number) code to protect your SIM card and device against unauthorized use. Note that all PIN code is provided by your network operator. Nokia is not able
    to provide you PIN or PUK codes.

Please note the following:

• When your insert your SIM card and boot up your device for the first time, you need to enter the PIN code. For security reasons it is recommended to change it to your own code, instructions on how to change the PIN code in your
      device is provided in the user guide or Nokia web site. If the PIN code is entered incorrectly multiple times, your device may request a PUK code to futher validate the user's identity and to unlock and change the blocked PIN code.

• The PIN2 code is a PIN code which acts as a second layer of protection for certain features of your phone. If the PIN2 code is entered incorrectly multiple
      times, your phone may request a PUK2 code.
    If you have forgotten or simply do not know the codes, you must contact your Network Operator for assistance. However, if you have already contacted but the code does not work, you should consider getting a new SIM card from your Network Operator.

emilygreen---01, Dec 25, 2019
  4. On restart, I get no Bitlocker PIN request blue screen but I can still enter PIN - How do I...

Bitlocker Pin is not accepted first time.

Hi,

We are adding a number of new HP PCs to our domain and have bitlocker enabled. When the bitlocker enter pin number screen appears we input the correct pin number and press enter. We then get the bitlocker recovery
    screen. We then select enter to continue. The machine restarts, we get the enter bitlocker pin screen again. We enter the pin and then it works and lets us in to Windows. The problem we have is it will
    not accept the correct pin first time, only on the second attempt. It does this on all the machines so far apart from the original machine we took the image from. The machines are identical in every way as we have checked.

Any ideas of why it does not work first time we enter the pin number but does second time? We have tried everything we know through group policy etc but to no avail. We have installed an image through WDS from
    a machine that works with out issue and we have no issues on our laptop builds (these are not imaged).

All machines are HP Pro One 440 G3, running Windows 10, Sophos Safeguard version 8.0

Cheers in advance.

MarkDuffy1, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

On restart, I get no Bitlocker PIN request blue screen but I can still enter PIN - How do I...

1. On restart, I get no Bitlocker PIN request blue screen but I can still enter PIN - How do I... - Similar Threads - restart Bitlocker PIN

2. Why do I have to restart my PC to enter my PIN?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have to restart my PC to enter my PIN?: So I was messing around with the settings and decided to add my other MS account. It asked for a Hello PIN, but I didn't remember it so I tried random numbers. After some time I logged out.Now, when I'm trying to log back in, it says: "You've entered an incorrect PIN too many...
  3. My screen is stuck on create pin for windows, how do I get to a screen to create the pin?

in Cortana
    My screen is stuck on create pin for windows, how do I get to a screen to create the pin?: Just setting up my new laptop and screen is stuck on create pin for windows. How do I get page to open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-stuck-on-create-pin-for-windows-how/f21f2f63-4607-4372-a1c5-e14f3477e16c
  4. My screen is stuck on create pin for windows, how do I get to a screen to create the pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen is stuck on create pin for windows, how do I get to a screen to create the pin?: Just setting up my new laptop and screen is stuck on create pin for windows. How do I get page to open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-stuck-on-create-pin-for-windows-how/f21f2f63-4607-4372-a1c5-e14f3477e16c
  5. My screen is stuck on create pin for windows, how do I get to a screen to create the pin?

6. How can I stop getting the blue screen restart?

How can I stop getting the blue screen restart?: Hello,I am having sometimes random system restarts with the blue screen saying "Your device ran into an error and needs to restart" or whatnot. It happens almost every time I put my computer into sleep mode or when it enters sleep by itself. I have run the event viewer and...
  7. How can I stop getting the blue screen restart?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop getting the blue screen restart?: Hello,I am having sometimes random system restarts with the blue screen saying "Your device ran into an error and needs to restart" or whatnot. It happens almost every time I put my computer into sleep mode or when it enters sleep by itself. I have run the event viewer and...
  8. How Do I Enter winRE With My PIN?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How Do I Enter winRE With My PIN?: So Im currently having an issue with my computer regarding a CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, and im trying to get into backup/restore my drive. The problem is that I never setup a password but instead PIN. How do I fix this?...
  9. How Can I Eliminate A Windows Pin Request On Startup?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How Can I Eliminate A Windows Pin Request On Startup?: I have a Dell Windows 10 PC in my home where I am the only user so I did away with the requirement to need to enter a pin. I don't remember what I did but I do remember it was pretty easy. I have an 80 year old friend who lives alone and recently upgraded from Windows 7 to...
  10. Bitlocker Blank blue screen at PIN screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Blank blue screen at PIN screen: Our organization requires Laptops to be Encrypted with a PIN #. One of our Laptops is giving me trouble. I have Bitlocker turned on and fully encrypted and have require Startup PIN with TPM in the Require additional authentication at startup in GPEDIT. I also have the Enable...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bit locker turned on but doesnt give blue screen