Windows 10: On restart or Relogin on Laptop,Windows Sets up Afresh,Previous Settings go off, Search and...

Discus and support On restart or Relogin on Laptop,Windows Sets up Afresh,Previous Settings go off, Search and... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; 1. My HP Laptop Working on Windows 10 crashed recently, System and Hardware Tests gave no error hence it was concluded to be a Operating System Problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sumangal Bhatawdekar, Mar 28, 2020.

1. On restart or Relogin on Laptop,Windows Sets up Afresh,Previous Settings go off, Search and...

1. My HP Laptop Working on Windows 10 crashed recently, System and Hardware Tests gave no error hence it was concluded to be a Operating System Problem hence Windows was reinstalled using 'HP Cloud Recovery' boot USB Drive to Factory Settings. I restored data back from my backup. Search on Left bottom and Cortana were also working fine, Settings were loading.

2. I created 4 User Accounts and Added them as Family Members. Their Login was enabled and all 4 were made administrators

3. All programs I required were installed connected to start and task bar . I also installed Backup and Sync for my Google Drive and ran it successfully. All shortcuts were recreated.

4. I then Logged in to my another family user account and took similar actions. In File explorer I opened User Folder, I found All 4 User Subfolders were created by System with weird Sub folder Names. I hence renamed First Two of My User Folders to recognizable names. Current user folder in use could not be renamed No option was there Luckily

5. When I logged out and tried to re login to my First Account system said "Windows Can not Find Your Account" We are creating a Temp Account for you. Every Thing created earlier was gone. I repeated all steps at 3 again.

6, Every time I re login after shutdown and restart or Switch from other users. I get message "Windows is Setting Up" . On login I find all my previous work like Created Short Cuts, Those linked to task bar etc vanish. Start does not work. In Search Space I cannot type any thing. Cortana Does not work. Settings do not load.

7. I also went to my other admin account removed Account 1 which is giving problem and reconnected it. Went to Family and Saw that Login was already there. This step also did not help.

Please advise and help

:)

Sumangal Bhatawdekar, Mar 28, 2020

2. Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Windows 10: Settings search not working

Hi Geoffs,

As you are still facing an issue with Windows search, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

Restart Windows Search Service

Try restarting Windows search service by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows + R key, type services.msc and press
    enter.

2. Right click Windows Search and stop the service.

3. Right click again and start the service.

4. Right click and select Properties

5. Change the startup type to automatic
    and save the changes.

I also suggest you to install the latest Windows updates and check.

Windows Update helps keep your computer up to date with the latest system updates and drivers which can resolve the issue you are facing. You can check Windows Update manually to help ensure you have the latest updates.

• Click on Start and select Settings.
    • Click on Update & Security.
    • Now click on Check for updates.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 28, 2020
  4. On restart or Relogin on Laptop,Windows Sets up Afresh,Previous Settings go off, Search and...

Start menu Search can't click on search results leading to Settings pages + Settings search results not loading

Hello Abhishek,

We regret the inconvenience and at the same time we appreciate the effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you further.

From the description provided, I understand that you are experiencing functionality issues with Windows in the following areas:

• Search Results in the Settings pane do not work.
    • The Search results through Search Bar in Windows is unresponsive or sporadic when it comes to basic functionality.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to try the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks to see whether you have the correct permissions
    to search all the directories on your computer.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• 1. Type Troubleshooting in the Search box
      from the desktop.

2. Select the Troubleshooting option.

3. Select View All option and select the Search
      and Indexing

4. Click on Next to perform the Search
      and Indexing troubleshooter
      and follow the steps.

Now, follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Important: When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions.

• To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Click
      here
      for more information about running the DISM Tool.

Method 2

Lets try to narrow down the issue, if the issue is at a specific user level.
    I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another Local administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Kindly keep us posted on the results for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

On restart or Relogin on Laptop,Windows Sets up Afresh,Previous Settings go off, Search and...

1. On restart or Relogin on Laptop,Windows Sets up Afresh,Previous Settings go off, Search and... - Similar Threads - restart Relogin Laptop

2. Laptop set up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop set up: I just bought a laptop and I am trying to set it up.I started the set up and everything went fine until I connected to wifi. I am now stuck at the "Checking connection to Microsoft. This may take some time" and then when it goes off it goes back to the “let’s connect you to a...
  3. Laptop set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop set up: I just bought a laptop and I am trying to set it up.I started the set up and everything went fine until I connected to wifi. I am now stuck at the "Checking connection to Microsoft. This may take some time" and then when it goes off it goes back to the “let’s connect you to a...
  4. Laptop set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Setting up laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting up laptop: In error i used my Microsoft account details when setting up my husband’s new laptop - so it now thinks it’s mine - with my name as the administrator and account holder. How do I change that to his name as administrator - I don’t think he’s got a Microsoft account as his old...
  6. Windows settings are not showing up on search

in Cortana
    Windows settings are not showing up on search: Hello, I just installed win10 today on my new SSD. But there is an issue I am facing on search. On my previous OS, when I search "Disk Management" it doesn't appear. Same for "Adjust ClearType text" and many things. Seeking for help....
  7. "Cortana & Search settings" not showing up in windows search

in Cortana
    "Cortana & Search settings" not showing up in windows search: I am trying to disable bing results when I search using the windows 10 search bar. Every article I have found saying how to do this says that I must search "cortana" in the search bar and click on the result that says "Cortana & Search settings". However, there is no result...
  8. Setting up search - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up search - Windows 10: I am moving from Windows 7 to 10. How do I set up search so that the results for the entire PC appear in the search folder? My searches show a small subset of the search results, typically a folder with the search term in the name. In Windows 7 my searches display the entire...
  9. reverse to previous settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reverse to previous settings: How do i reverse a windows 10 reset? I inadvertently reset my Winfows 10 computer thinking I was restoring the system to a previous date and lost all my applications with their attendant files. How can I restore the files?... PLEASE HELP...
  10. Set up of Surface Go

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up of Surface Go: New Surface go setup, I chose the wrong language and I would like to go back to the beginning set up screen and I cannot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/set-up-of-surface-go/ad311833-6e5b-428f-a9f7-c5a87e1a140e