Windows 10: On restart windows ends as it should them no signal to monitor system doesn't restart

Discus and support On restart windows ends as it should them no signal to monitor system doesn't restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a new build. Loaded Win 10 pro onto a 500Gb M.2 SATA 6Gbs. I get a good P.O.S.T. and Windows runs perfect. If I restart or the system restarts,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DavidGoodwin1, Dec 8, 2018.

1. On restart windows ends as it should them no signal to monitor system doesn't restart

I have a new build. Loaded Win 10 pro onto a 500Gb M.2 SATA 6Gbs. I get a good P.O.S.T. and Windows runs perfect. If I restart or the system restarts, it will close windows like it should. The monitor "turns off" has no signal, but no change with the board. On board RGBs are lit CPU fan running and no change. No drive light showing activity. I have let it sit for about 15 minutes with no change. I end up doing a hard power down at this point. After 30 seconds or so I push the power button and all starts as it should. If I click shutdown Windows closes and the boart shuts off.

FYI when I do a shut down it works as it should and turns off

New build clean slate.

Hardware info all hardware approved ny MSI compatibility page

MSI B360 Gaming Arctic 1151 Mobo BIOS has been updated to 10-9-18

Corsair 850x PSU

Intel i5 9800k I have not touched OC

Corsair Ram 1 stick 16GB in first Dim2 per manual

BIOS No POST errors and config Legacy/ UEFI mode and AHCI

Samsung M.2 SATA 6GBs 500GB

No occupied headers except the CPU fan and Mobo control

Nothing else is connected

No other software but a newly downloaded Win 10 pro 64bit

:)

DavidGoodwin1, Dec 8, 2018
  2. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Dec 8, 2018
  3. System restarts on its own

It all began when I changed my CPU cooling. The system runs fine when I play games, pass 3DMark Vantage with no problem, but when I try to play MP4 files with Media Player Classic it restarts after few minutes. Few times it restarts while idle. I reinstall the Vista but it did not help. The CPU is not overheating (actually is 10 degrees cooler now). Any suggestions?

Grasshopper, Dec 8, 2018
  4. On restart windows ends as it should them no signal to monitor system doesn't restart

System restarts automatically?????HELP!!!!!

Turn off Windows Automatic Restarts so you can see what type of BSOD the system is popping.

eidairaman1, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

On restart windows ends as it should them no signal to monitor system doesn't restart

1. On restart windows ends as it should them no signal to monitor system doesn't restart - Similar Threads - restart ends should

2. Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep: Hi there,I have an issue with my Windows 10 to detect my second monitor. My computer has GVA output and Displayport output. I connect two monitors, one is connected with GVA port, another one is connected with displayport. The second monitor has HDMI input port only, so I use...
  3. Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep: Hi there,I have an issue with my Windows 10 to detect my second monitor. My computer has GVA output and Displayport output. I connect two monitors, one is connected with GVA port, another one is connected with displayport. The second monitor has HDMI input port only, so I use...
  4. Second monitor lost signal after restart or sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Pc keeps restarting/starting without signal on the monitor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pc keeps restarting/starting without signal on the monitor.: Hello. I am experiencing a big problem with my pc. Sometimes it will just restart over and over and only show the biosi think its the bios on the screen like 0.5 seconds then proceed to continue restarting. Other times,it will boot up normally,like everything works,but there...
  6. Updating to Windows 10 2009, Restart cuts signal to monitor.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating to Windows 10 2009, Restart cuts signal to monitor.: Hi MS, I'm running Windows 10 1909 on the following system: ASUS Prime X470-Pro AMD R7 3700X AMD Radeon Vega 64 GPU 32GB memory An SSD as boot drive and various other drives to support my data needs. I've run into a major Windows Update issue. Whenever I try to update...
  7. “No signal” on monitor every time I restart my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “No signal” on monitor every time I restart my PC?: So i’m currently in the beginning stages of an online Comptia A+ course which is cool, but I’m struggling because every time I shut off my pc and start it up the next day, I get absolutely no image at all and my monitor displays “no signal” and then shuts off after a couple...
  8. Restart without end in sight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart without end in sight: I got windows Insider Preview build 18362 installed on my computer but anytime I try to restart or reboot my computer it is unable to do so. It reboots without an end in sight until I shut it down....
  9. Monitor not restarting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor not restarting: I have an intermittent problem with my Dell monitor not waking up after the computer is in the sleep mode. The only way I have found to restart the monitor is to manually turn off my Dell desktop computer and then restart. This hard reset will restart the monitor....
  10. Blank Screen and No Monitor Signal After a Restart

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Blank Screen and No Monitor Signal After a Restart: I7 3770K GTX 950 Windows 10 64 So everything was fine before Windows 10 AU updates. The problem is that if I restart the computer it will I get a blank screen and my monitor(s) goes to sleep and loses signal and doesn't detect the video card so I don't see POST and just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restart windows bios 2 monitor

2. driver intel i5-9800k