Windows 10: On screen Brightness control stuck on screen

Discus and support On screen Brightness control stuck on screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; New installation of Windows 10 1809 Home edition Every time I boot the computer the brightness control/slider is stuck on the screen and will not go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hujorgen, Jun 2, 2019.

1. hujorgen Win User

On screen Brightness control stuck on screen

New installation of Windows 10 1809 Home edition
    Every time I boot the computer the brightness control/slider is stuck on the screen and will not go away. It shows 100%. The f2 and f3 keys make the brightness go up and down as normal and the slider flashes a bit but the on screen slider does no go away.

Is there a setting for the delay or is this a driver issue in Windows 10?
    On screen Brightness control stuck on screen [​IMG]

Thank you in advance.

Product: 11m-ad013dx 1KT77UA
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion x360n Notepad

11m-ad013dx 1KT77UA

:)

hujorgen, Jun 2, 2019

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jun 2, 2019
  3. JackGPM Win User
    Windows 10 Screen Brightness Problem

Upgraded to Win 10 from 7 on Gateway Laptop and screen brightness is stuck on very low setting. Keyboard controls show increase in brightness but nothing happens on the screen. Went into settings and adjusted brightness to max on battery
    and power with no change. Upgraded drivers - no change. Suggestions please.

JackGPM, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Chicofino Win User

Screen Brightness

My laptop screen brightness is always at Max even when I reduce it. And there is also no sleep option. I make use of windows 10. Please any suggestion

Chicofino, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

1. On screen Brightness control stuck on screen - Similar Threads - screen Brightness control

2. screen brightness stuck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen brightness stuck: I can't change my screen brightness either from the settings or the fn keys. Also, tried the steps given to go to device manager -- display drivers -- I don't see "display drivers" on the list.......
  3. Screen Brightness stuck on max

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Brightness stuck on max: So I have always been getting this problem when I do a Windows 10 update. My screen brightness gets stuck on max and the sliders as well as the function keys do not change it at all, so I rollback. But this time I screwed up and did another update on top of the one that...
  4. Unable to Control Screen Brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Control Screen Brightness: I can't control my laptop's brightness, or more like the settings to control the brightness isn't even here. [IMG][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-control-screen-brightness/741ede6c-a5f0-4a4b-b9ba-0bbff913c4fb
  5. brightness bar stuck on screen

brightness bar stuck on screen: good evening, we have an issue with our desktop of windows 10 version. brightness bar is being stuck on the lefttside top corner of desktop. please help us out to resolve this issue. thanking you....
  6. Screen Brightness setting stuck on Screen

Screen Brightness setting stuck on Screen: After the latest update for my laptop, an HP Core i3 (I'm not much of a tech person), there appeared the brightness key on my screen which I couldn't hide. And when I try to adjust the brightness, it automatically goes dark or 0% brightness. It's really annoying. When I'm...
  7. Screen brightness control freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen brightness control freezes: Hello, I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10. Ever since the last update of windows I have had a problem with my screen brightness. When the laptop boots up the brightness control function works - I can control the brightness by either the keyboard dedicated keys, or by...
  8. Laptop Screen brightness can't be controled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Screen brightness can't be controled: My laptop screen brightness can't be controlled but the control buttons for brightness on the keyboard has reaction (brightness slider) can move up and down. But the screen brightness has no reaction it shows maximum brightness, too bright for my eyes. Please some one can...
  9. Can’t control brightness on the screen

Can’t control brightness on the screen: Something happened, I think after the last update I can’t control the brightness on the screen Already follow instructions posted from Microsoft: Settings-System-Display Device manager - Update all drivers Nothing help...
  10. Screen Stuck at 100% Brightness

Screen Stuck at 100% Brightness: I recently bought a Lenovo ideapad 330 that came with Windows 10. Everything worked fine for the first two weeks until my screen is stuck at 100% brightness. I've looked around for a fix, and the one solution that everyone says should work (refreshing/updating my driver)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brightness setting stuck on screen