Windows 10: On screen keyboard and taskbar not working in Tablet Mode

Discus and support On screen keyboard and taskbar not working in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an Hp Pavillion x360 convertible 1.1Ghz. My problems start whenever I switch to tablet mode.The touchscreen keyboard used to appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by antoniomanuel2, Mar 11, 2019.

1. On screen keyboard and taskbar not working in Tablet Mode

I have an Hp Pavillion x360 convertible 1.1Ghz. My problems start whenever I switch to tablet mode.The touchscreen keyboard used to appear automatically whenever I pressed on a box to write, but for some reason it does not. Along with that I cannot touch any items on the taskbar when in said tablet mode. I feel like the solution is quite easy, but I have been stuck for an hour and a half trying to solve this dilemma , but I just can't. Thank you in advance.

:)

antoniomanuel2, Mar 11, 2019

2. On screen keyboard not working in Windows 10 tablet mode

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps. Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Task bar and select ShowTouch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

• Next click on Action center and select
      Tablet Mode.

• Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the
      Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Taskbar blank in tablet mode

Hi,

This issue might be because of the settings on your device, follow the steps below and check the settings:

• Open Settings.
    • Click System.
    • On the left side pane, locate and click Tablet Mode.
    • Turn Off Hide app icon on the taskbar in tablet mode and
    • Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode. (See screenshot below for reference)

On screen keyboard and taskbar not working in Tablet Mode e7436654-e03f-4181-931f-6b6c1a15d824.png

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Mar 11, 2019
  4. On screen keyboard and taskbar not working in Tablet Mode

tablet mode is not working

Hi JoyceHewitt,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

1. Which version of Windows is installed on the PC?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    3. What is the make and model of the PC?

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Tablet mode makes Windows easier and more intuitive to use with touch on devices
    like 2-in-1s, or when you don't want to use a keyboard and mouse. To turn on or off the tablet mode, select Action Center on the taskbar and then select or tap ‘Tablet mode’.

Alternatively, you can also enable Table mode from the Settings screen.

1. Open the Settings screen, click on System and click on Tablet Mode.
    2. Slide the bar to on position and close that window.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

On screen keyboard and taskbar not working in Tablet Mode

1. On screen keyboard and taskbar not working in Tablet Mode - Similar Threads - screen keyboard taskbar

2. can't type " with the tablet mode on screen keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't type " with the tablet mode on screen keyboard: it does work when i set my keyboard layout from "eng - intl" to "eng - de", but that is obviously not a proper solution. i like having multiple keyboard layouts and my onscreen keyboard should just follow them.the non tablet mode onscreen keyboard does just that....
  3. can't type " with the tablet mode on screen keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't type " with the tablet mode on screen keyboard: it does work when i set my keyboard layout from "eng - intl" to "eng - de", but that is obviously not a proper solution. i like having multiple keyboard layouts and my onscreen keyboard should just follow them.the non tablet mode onscreen keyboard does just that....
  4. Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode: I have a Lenovo Yoga 530.My keyboard has not worked for a long while now in tablet mode - when I flip the screen to automatically go into tablet mode or activate tablet mode using the notification panel. The keyboard option is selected in the taskbar and the icon is visible....
  5. Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Functionality in Tablet Mode: I have a Lenovo Yoga 530.My keyboard has not worked for a long while now in tablet mode - when I flip the screen to automatically go into tablet mode or activate tablet mode using the notification panel. The keyboard option is selected in the taskbar and the icon is visible....
  6. Tablet mode touch screen not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet mode touch screen not working: I wanted to try using tablet mode, so I went to Settings < System < Tabletand then clicked on Change Additional Tablet settings. Next, I turned on Tablet mode. Then I pressed one of the buttons on the taskbar. Nothing happened. How come the touch screen isn't working?...
  7. Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode: I have an HP Envy X360. Until recently I could turn on the tablet on-screen keyboard while it was functioning as a laptop. This was really useful as I have arm injuries and sometimes I can barely type. The swipe function was great. Since I did a fresh install of windows this...
  8. Keyboard & Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Tablet Mode: My computer is an HP Spectre and I have two questions: 1) I'm trying get my keyboard to disable when I'm in tablet mode, because whenever I hit a key it messes up what I'm doing. How can I easily disable my keyboard without uninstalling it? 2) My keyboard makes sounds when...
  9. Split Screen on Tablet Mode not working

Split Screen on Tablet Mode not working: I am using HP Spectre X360 13 2-in-1 and I like to use multiple screen on tablet mode. How to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/split-screen-on-tablet-mode-not-working/5ff7b65a-3a18-47bb-b9a2-1e69b2757005
  10. touch keyboard in tablet mode

touch keyboard in tablet mode: When I am in tablet mode on my surface (without the keyboard attached), and i proceed to activate the on-screen touch keyboard, it doesn't activate when i touch it or prompt it. I would appreciate any feedback on that issue. Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard not showing in tablet mode