Windows 10: On screen keyboard appears on startup.

Discus and support On screen keyboard appears on startup. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; BACKGROUND: I have a new surface pro6 with keyboard cover and a desktop machine. Both run Win10 pro. The Surface pro 6 is a replacement since the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aussie Greg, Feb 6, 2019.

1. On screen keyboard appears on startup.

BACKGROUND:

I have a new surface pro6 with keyboard cover and a desktop machine.

Both run Win10 pro.

The Surface pro 6 is a replacement since the first one's WIFI system failed.

At some point when setting up the original SP6, I must have clicked something which allowed the onscreen keyboard to appear on startup.

NOW:

The onscreen keyboard now appears on my desktop machine on startup.

In addition, the onscreen keyboard also appeared on first startup (after initial setup) on the replacement SP6.

HOW DO I STOP THE ON SCREEN KEYBOARD FROM APPEARING?

Any help would be appreciated please

:)

Aussie Greg, Feb 6, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

At startup virtual keyboard appears

Hi Mark,

This simply means that the on-screen keyboard is enabled. To get rid of this, see the steps below on how to do so.

• Press Windows Key + X > Control Panel >
      Ease of Access > Ease of Access Center.
    • Under "Explore all settings", select the option “Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard”.
    • Uncheck the option “Use On-screen keyboard”.

This has to be the answer you're looking for.

Let us know if the steps did the trick.

John Sarc, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

On screen keyboard appears on startup.

Keep onscreen keyboard from displaying at startup

Hi Helene,

I suggest to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key on the Keyboard.
    • Click on More details.
    • Go to Startup Tab.
    • Right click on Onscreen Keyboard And select
      disable.

Please get back to us with the updated status of the issue.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

On screen keyboard appears on startup.

1. On screen keyboard appears on startup. - Similar Threads - screen keyboard appears

2. On screen keyboard doesn't appear on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On screen keyboard doesn't appear on startup: When I turn on my Surface Pro 8 W11 without physical keyboard connected the on screen keyboard doesn't appear and I am not able to sign in. No keyboard icon on the sign in screen neither. Any suggestions?...
  3. On screen keyboard doesn't appear on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On screen keyboard doesn't appear on startup: When I turn on my Surface Pro 8 W11 without physical keyboard connected the on screen keyboard doesn't appear and I am not able to sign in. No keyboard icon on the sign in screen neither. Any suggestions?...
  4. Keyboard keeps appearing on login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keeps appearing on login screen: First off: This is not the usual On-Screen keyboard.I already checked the ease of access settings, it was disabled, and turning it on & off didn't change anything.A picture of what this keyboard looks like: taken from my phone because i couldn't screenshot the login...
  5. Keyboard keeps appearing on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard keeps appearing on login screen: First off: This is not the usual On-Screen keyboard.I already checked the ease of access settings, it was disabled, and turning it on & off didn't change anything.A picture of what this keyboard looks like: taken from my phone because i couldn't screenshot the login...
  6. Microsoft touch keyboard appearing on startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft touch keyboard appearing on startup: For a while now, not completely sure if it has been since I got a drawing tablet, every time I am prompted to enter my pin to login to my PC, the touch keyboard appears.This is annoying.I hardly use my tablet now and it is always disconnected from the PC but I still have this...
  7. Windows 10 On-Screen keyboard appears on login or startup

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 On-Screen keyboard appears on login or startup: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you turn on Windows 10 PC, and if you see the On-Screen keyboard appears on startup or login screen, then it can be pretty annoying to close it manually every time. Every time it appears, you will have to [...] This post Windows 10 On-Screen keyboard...
  8. Log in screen does not appear on startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Log in screen does not appear on startup: I'm using Win 10, Ver 1903 on a 3 yr old HP Pavilion laptop. I had set password protection on startup and has worked fine for years but now it skips the sign in screen when I turn the laptop on. If laptop goes to sleep while not in use. it will ask for the password. This...
  9. Change Monitor that Startup Screen Appears On

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Change Monitor that Startup Screen Appears On: Hello everyone! I've just recently installed Windows 10 and I've been quite impressed. I've been able to iron out almost all of the little glitches that come with upgrading. Except for one. My computer has four monitors. The primary one (28" 4K) is in the center. It's...
  10. On Screen Keyboard on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    On Screen Keyboard on startup: is there a way to disable the on screen keyboard on startup? I don't need it on my desktops or my Surface pro any help would be awesome. Ta peeps 17365

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onscreen keyboard appears on start up

2. on screen keyboard appears on startup