Windows 10: On-Screen keyboard closes when using AltGr characters.

Discus and support On-Screen keyboard closes when using AltGr characters. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I'm using On-Screen keyboard on my desktop computer. If I want to write characters like <>#&@ etc... then it closes itself after writing one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BonifácKatona, Mar 31, 2019.

1. On-Screen keyboard closes when using AltGr characters.

Hello!

I'm using On-Screen keyboard on my desktop computer.

If I want to write characters like <>#&@ etc... then it closes itself after writing one special character which required pressing the AltGr key.

How to fix this? It's very annoying.

:)

BonifácKatona, Mar 31, 2019
  2. bPatrik Win User

On-screen keyboard closes automatically when pressing special characters (AltGR+...)

Image already added
    Hello Andre Da Costa,

Thank you for your answer, but i meant that i do want to use the on-screen keyboard and keep it open even when i have to enter those special characters. Currently it automatically hides after i pressed AltGr+"somthing" and i don't want it. For example my
    passwords often contains special characters but they are not the last characters of the pw, so i have to open the on-screen keyboard twice or more to enter it.

Sorry if i wasn't clear at first, i guess i am now.

Thank you

bPatrik, Mar 31, 2019
  3. bPatrik Win User
    On-screen keyboard closes automatically when pressing special characters (AltGR+...)

Hi. My Surface Pro's virtual keyboard always automatically closes when i press a special character that needs AltGr to be pressed before (eg. #*$). Can you confirm me if this is only happening on my device or not, is it intentional or not (i hope its not)?
    Any fix or workaround? Fully updated Win10. Thanks

bPatrik, Mar 31, 2019
  4. On-Screen keyboard closes when using AltGr characters.

Password character problem (some AltGr-characters)

I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

I have a Hungarian keyboard. On the login screen, I can't use an ampersand (&) character (on my keyboard it's AltGr+C). When I press the buttons, no dot gets entered into the password field. I can still log in, if I switch the keyboard layout to English
    and use Shift+7 instead. Same problem with the hash symbol (#).

What can I do, short of changing my password to a different one? If at all possible, I'd like to keep having the option to use these characters.

(I understand there was already a thread about a similar problem, but that was about windows 8, from years ago. This is about a newly upgraded Windows 10.)

ParachutingTurtle, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

On-Screen keyboard closes when using AltGr characters.

1. On-Screen keyboard closes when using AltGr characters. - Similar Threads - Screen keyboard closes

2. Word duplicates alt-code character when using Japanese keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word duplicates alt-code character when using Japanese keyboard layout: Similar to many unresolved questions, When I try to type an ANSII code using alt + numpad, first the character appears after releasing alt—as expected—but then when typing another key, the character appears again instead of what I typed:Intended:fuel...
  3. Word duplicates alt-code character when using Japanese keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word duplicates alt-code character when using Japanese keyboard layout: Similar to many unresolved questions, When I try to type an ANSII code using alt + numpad, first the character appears after releasing alt—as expected—but then when typing another key, the character appears again instead of what I typed:Intended:fuel...
  4. Keyboard characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard characters: why is my surface laptop keyboard suddenly typing incorrect keys eg. @ is typing " visa versa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-characters/0649b96f-33d7-40a7-bfc7-9c6c564b6b2b
  5. Keyboard characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard characters: why is my surface laptop keyboard suddenly typing incorrect keys eg. @ is typing " visa versa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-characters/0649b96f-33d7-40a7-bfc7-9c6c564b6b2b
  6. Keyboard Characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Characters: I will soon need to create text documents in spanish. This language (as others) has specific character requirements. For example, a sentence that is a question begins with an upside down question mark, sometimes the letter 'n' has a small mark above it, etc. How do I proceed?...
  7. altgr

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    altgr: type azerty funct keys Alt Gr : out on real clavier or virtual clavier cause ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/altgr/bfc18b09-53b0-4add-bf13-84144ff0ae9c
  8. Cannot use special characters on the keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot use special characters on the keyboard: I installed two languages, French and Spanish. However I cannot use a trema above letters or use the wave in Spanish https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-special-characters-on-the-keyboard/95f34eff-3237-4032-aaa5-1f20dd5bd360
  9. Screen change when keyboard not in use.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen change when keyboard not in use.: one minute after not touching a key or using my mouse the screen switches to my photos. Why is this happening and how can I increase this time. My sleep timer is set to 30 minutes....
  10. Wrong characters with keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wrong characters with keyboard: Hi My keyboard now displays @ when I press shift/double quotes and the opposite when I press shift/at sign. Where do I go to check what keyboard options have been set up during the upgrade. Thanks Daniel 10427

Users found this page by searching for:

1. AltGr on-screen keyboard closes