Windows 10: On screen keyboard is being annoying

Discus and support On screen keyboard is being annoying in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It used to be the case that sometimes it was difficult to get the onscreen keyboard to come up when it was supposed to. After the latest update to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dbthespian, Jul 10, 2018.

1. On screen keyboard is being annoying

It used to be the case that sometimes it was difficult to get the onscreen keyboard to come up when it was supposed to. After the latest update to Windows 10, the onscreen keyboard pops up every time I touch the screen. I am just trying to scroll on web pages or click on links and the onscreen keyboard keeps popping up, obscuring half the page. I am not clicking on (or anywhere near) text boxes, and yet the keyboard pops up. I don't want to disable it altogether because there are times when I need it; I just want it to go back to the way it is supposed to work where it pops up when you click on a text box... not popping up every time you touch the screen. Since this started happening after an update to Windows 10, I am guessing it will take another update to fix, but if there is a setting please let me know; otherwise please have someone fix this in an update to Windows 10.

This happens both in tablet and standard mode. I am using a Surface Pro 3.

:)

dbthespian, Jul 10, 2018
  2. John Vil Win User

want to use manual keyboard----not on screen keyboard

Hi,

The On-Screen Keyboard is an application which provides a visual keyboard on your screen that can be used in place of a physical keyboard. To better assist you and provide you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is your physical keyboard not functioning?
    • Have you tried turning off the On-Screen Keyboard?

To turn off the On-Screen Keyboard, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • On the left panel, click on Keyboard.
    • Under On-Screen Keyboard, make sure it is set to Off.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Jul 10, 2018
  3. linnew Win User
    on-screen keyboard

Thanks so much! Having the on-screen keyboard come up every time I started my computer was so annoying. Now it's back to normal!!

linnew, Jul 10, 2018
  4. John Fer Win User

On screen keyboard is being annoying

On screen Keyboard

Hi,

To quickly access the On-screen Keyboard (OSK) without going to Settings, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Make sure that the "Show touch keyboard button" is enabled.
    • Touch keyboard icon will appear on the notification area.
    • Click on it to launch the On-Screen Keyboard.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

On screen keyboard is being annoying

1. On screen keyboard is being annoying - Similar Threads - screen keyboard being

2. Keyboard is being weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard is being weird: Okay so i am having a issue where whatever i type on my keyboard it does a command instead. Par example is when i type s on chrome it wants me to save or s on discord and it goes into the sticker tab. Does anyone know what to do because this happens often but i cant fix this...
  3. One drive being an annoyance help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive being an annoyance help: I started the finish setting up windows in settings after an update then I foolishly clicked the one drive something in the setup then all my files started syncing and all my files in this PC are gone and transferred to One drive its frustrating now how can I revert my action...
  4. One drive being an annoyance help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive being an annoyance help: I started the finish setting up windows in settings after an update then I foolishly clicked the one drive something in the setup then all my files started syncing and all my files in this PC are gone and transferred to One drive its frustrating now how can I revert my action...
  5. One drive being an annoyance help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft family features being annoying

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family features being annoying: Microsoft family features automatically blocked everything I downloaded, my dad is ok with me using it but he cant fix it he is busy at work please help- ;v;...
  7. Annoying problem with screen brightness being too low

Annoying problem with screen brightness being too low: I notice my screen goes low when on a black screen and normal when on a white screen . I go to change auto brightness but its gone there is no option like the tutorial says please help. I already updated drivers and everything . submitted by /u/shineynickel444 [link]...
  8. Annoying screen on bootup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Annoying screen on bootup: When I boot up my PC, how can I stop the annoying screen asking me to link my devices together and also wanting me to buy Office 365? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-screen-on-bootup/7559bd18-58ad-42cd-ba0f-09d798d35753
  9. Annoying keyboard troubles

Annoying keyboard troubles: Every time I press clip shortcut (g+alt+windows) it will clip, but then all of my keys start doing random commands and I have to let m keyboard rest 5-10 minutes for it to stop. submitted by /u/EDOGGY147 [link] [comments]...
  10. Annoying screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Annoying screen: Screen scrolls up and down. Like someone else is using the mouse. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-screen/14d61af4-c95e-4dcb-bdb2-dc6d7fb7107b"