Windows 10: On-Screen Keyboard keeps popping up

Discus and support On-Screen Keyboard keeps popping up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to disable the on-screen keyboard, but it continually pops up, when I lock the computer and log back in, and when various windows are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ambrose, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Ambrose Win User

On-Screen Keyboard keeps popping up

I am trying to disable the on-screen keyboard, but it continually pops up, when I lock the computer and log back in, and when various windows are opened. It's disabled in the Ease of Access Center, and I don't know what else to do.
    I'm running on Windows 10 Pro, I upgraded from Windows 7 last night.

Could anyone offer any help?

:)

Ambrose, Apr 4, 2016
  2. Time Lady Win User

On-Screen keyboard keeps popping up

Try this: Go to the start screen, and then to Control Panel. In the search box for Control Panel, type Administrative Tools, or click it if you see it already. Scroll down to the Services shortcut and select that.

If you scroll down in the list of services to the 'T' area, you should see Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Service, or words to that effect. It is running, and on Automatic start type. Stop the service, then go into Properties and switch the startup type to
    Disabled.

If this doesn’t work then I’m at a loss on how to proceed.

Time Lady, Apr 4, 2016
  3. Time Lady Win User
    On-Screen keyboard keeps popping up

Check here too: Control Panel\Ease of Access\Ease of Access Center\Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard

Is "Use On-Screen Keyboard" checked? If so uncheck it.

Time Lady, Apr 4, 2016
  4. On-Screen Keyboard keeps popping up

Do you need the touch keyboard ever?
    If you do not and you do have admin rights do the following 4 steps.

1. Go to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink"
    2. Find and take full ownership of "TabTip.exe"
    3. Rename the file to "TabTip.exe.old"
    4. Restart

After that, you should be good. Just keep in mind that the keyboard is now completely disabled. E.g. If you have the keyboard button on the taskbar enabled, nothing will happen when it is clicked. I had to do this in Windows 8 when I had a very similar problem. This was the only thing that worked for me. If you still have need for the onscreen keyboard, let me know and I will try to find a less drastic option that will allow you to still use it when needed.

Quickdraw996, Apr 5, 2016
  5. Ambrose Win User
    Thanks for trying to help, but that didn't work. I'm on a desktop tower PC, so I don't think it would be the Touch keyboard that's on my computer. Do you happen to have any other ideas?

Ambrose, Apr 8, 2016
  6. Look here:
    Control Panel\Ease of Access\Ease of Access Center\Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard
    Is "Use On-Screen Keyboard" checked?

If not, can you post a video or pictures of what is happening.

Quickdraw996, Apr 8, 2016
  7. Ambrose Win User
    Huh. That did it, thank you. It was disabled in the "Settings" app but not in Control Panel somehow. Thank you for your help.

Ambrose, Apr 8, 2016
  8. On-Screen Keyboard keeps popping up

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Quickdraw996, Apr 8, 2016
  9. Oh, I should mention that you should mark your problem as solved.

Quickdraw996, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

On-Screen Keyboard keeps popping up

1. On-Screen Keyboard keeps popping up - Similar Threads - Screen Keyboard keeps

2. On-screen keyboard keeps popping up on login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On-screen keyboard keeps popping up on login screen: Here are all of the things I've done to try and solve this:- Turned off the on-screen keyboard from the ease of access settings. - Changed the startup type of the Touch keyboard and handwriting service to "disabled"When I tried this, the startup type would always reset after...
  3. On-screen keyboard keeps popping up on login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On-screen keyboard keeps popping up on login screen: Here are all of the things I've done to try and solve this:- Turned off the on-screen keyboard from the ease of access settings. - Changed the startup type of the Touch keyboard and handwriting service to "disabled"When I tried this, the startup type would always reset after...
  4. On-screen keyboard keeps popping up on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Touch Keyboard keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Keyboard keeps popping up: On my Surface Pro 7 every time I open a page on any application that has a type bar ready to be typed in, the "touch keyboard" pops up. I have the keyboard turned off in the settings already, but it still pops up. Also, the "on screen keyboard" these are two separate...
  6. Touch Keyboard keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch Keyboard keeps popping up: On my Surface Pro 7 every time I open a page on any application that has a type bar ready to be typed in, the "touch keyboard" pops up. I have the keyboard turned off in the settings already, but it still pops up. Also, the "on screen keyboard" these are two separate...
  7. 'Project screen' keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Project screen' keeps popping up: I'm not sure if my keys are stuck, but even without pressing on f4 or windows+p, the option to project my screen pops up on its own every few moments. This is a huge issues for me as I am a student and I keep getting kicked out of the lockdown browser whenever this happens...
  8. A cmd screen keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
    A cmd screen keeps popping up: There is a cmd screen which keeps popping up on my Windows 10 and on the title bar of the cmd screen is written C: \Users\Shaurya Garg\App data\Roaming\avutuut...
  9. Lock screen keeps popping up

Lock screen keeps popping up: I have tried many things to try to stop the lock screen from popping up constantly and have failed, I think it stated after the last windows 10 update. Please help....
  10. Start Screen keeps popping up

Start Screen keeps popping up: Hi, Hoping someone can help me. Have recently had a new screen installed by DELL on my Inspiron 13 and ever since the Windows START menu keeps popping up every few seconds. Dell have advised me that it is a Windows problem and not the new screen. Any suggestions as to how...