Windows 10: On Screen Keyboard, Kiosk Mode, Microsoft Edge

Discus and support On Screen Keyboard, Kiosk Mode, Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Setting up a PC for Kiosk mode, using Microsoft Edge as the Kiosk app.It is using a touchscreen monitor with no other peripheral accessories... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlbireoEnergyDC, Jul 23, 2021.

1. On Screen Keyboard, Kiosk Mode, Microsoft Edge

Setting up a PC for Kiosk mode, using Microsoft Edge as the Kiosk app.It is using a touchscreen monitor with no other peripheral accessories keyboard!Trying to figure a way to summon the On-Screen Keyboard when selecting a text field.I have tried changing the PC to tablet mode and some other settings, but they do not seem to transfer to Kiosk mode.Any tips?Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1OS build 19043.928Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0Microsoft Edge version 92.0.902.55

:)

AlbireoEnergyDC, Jul 23, 2021

2. Modify Touch Screen Keyboard in Windows Kiosk Mode

I'm opening Windows in kiosk mode and inside it i run Google Chrome also in kiosk mode. (So kiosk inside kiosk).

I want to limit the users to only that particular tab that opens by default in Chrome.

With the keyboard that appears on screen when selecting an input field, people can use chrome shortcuts such as : CTRL + T or CTRL + N and I want to get rid of that. (No physical keyboard will be available, only touch screen keyboard).

Can i disable

On Screen Keyboard, Kiosk Mode, Microsoft Edge bbada10c-6abe-49ee-9017-750e66565ab1.png
    the
    ctrl button from the touch screen keyboard? Or is it another solution?

Things I've tried:

• Disabling Chrome shortcuts ( Chrome doesn't let you do that, unlike mozilla )
    • Disable ctrl command from registry ( This blocks ctrl only for the physical keyboard, not for the on screen one )
    • Install a custom keyboard, even though I was able to remove the ctrl key, it wouldn't be accepted as a solution because of security risks.

Ram Addict, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Windows 10 kiosk mode: screen locks after login

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Kiosk Mode on Windows 10.

Since you are being logged out of Kiosk Mode after every login, I suggest you to refer the article

Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues

Also, you can try removing and creating the Kiosk account again, follow the steps mentioned below to remove the Kiosk account:

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Family & other people.
    2. Under Setup a kiosk option click on
      Assigned access.
    3. Now under Kiosk info click on the
      account name and click on Remove kiosk.
    4. Now click on Remove.

Once the account is removed, refer the article to
    Set up a single-app kiosk

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Amjad Win User

On Screen Keyboard, Kiosk Mode, Microsoft Edge

Windows 10 Kiosk Mode - On Screen Keyboard

I am running kiosk mode with group policy setting for a kiosk account "Custom User Interface" that runs a specified kiosk application. I do not see the keyboard popping up when I select an input field in the application.

When I disable this policy and log in, the keyboard shows up and its working perfectly fine.

Any suggestions why this is happening? How can I make the keyboard work in locked down mode?

(Note: I am trying this on a touch screen windows all in one desktop and a windows tablet - and yes they have the tablet mode running and there is no physical keyboard attached)

Amjad, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

On Screen Keyboard, Kiosk Mode, Microsoft Edge

1. On Screen Keyboard, Kiosk Mode, Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Screen Keyboard Kiosk

2. Kiosk mode & MS Edge Saved Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Kiosk mode & MS Edge Saved Password: We currently have a PC on Kiosk mode that logs into windows automatically and then opens up the website we have set it to. Every morning we then have to manually log the website in and then the public will use it all day with out an issue. In then afternoon we then turn this...
  3. Edge Chromium kiosk mode sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Chromium kiosk mode sign in: I have two PC's that I want to use in kiosk mode for the Edge Chromium browser. However, I want them to remain signed into a restricted Office 365 account so that they can access SharePoint online. Is there any way to do this?I don't care if they're not in kiosk mode, but...
  4. Edge Chromium kiosk mode sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Chromium kiosk mode sign in: I have two PC's that I want to use in kiosk mode for the Edge Chromium browser. However, I want them to remain signed into a restricted Office 365 account so that they can access SharePoint online. Is there any way to do this?I don't care if they're not in kiosk mode, but...
  5. Edge Chromium kiosk mode sign in

6. Microsoft Edge and Kiosk Mode.

Microsoft Edge and Kiosk Mode.: Here at my staffing agency, we are trying to put out our applications on some computers in the front of the office for our candidates to apply/register on. We are trying to do this with Kiosk mode on the Windows platform. The issue being one of the computers updated the Edge...
  7. KIOSK MODE

KIOSK MODE: Good Day, Is it possible to run any application type in KIOSK mode for Enterprise or Education versions? I tried to run Visual Studio Code in KIOSK mode only the black background can be seen using Windows Imaging and configuration design and I was deprived User...
  8. kiosk mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    kiosk mode: how do I remove the kiosk mode from my xplane11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kiosk-mode/228bbfb6-fed9-46b9-9244-cccf66bb4cda
  9. How to set up Kiosk Mode with new Microsoft Edge and Edge Legacy

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up Kiosk Mode with new Microsoft Edge and Edge Legacy: [ATTACH]Kiosk Mode, also called Demo Mode, is super useful when you want the application or the computer to do just one thing. Windows 10, and […] This post How to set up Kiosk Mode with new Microsoft Edge and Edge Legacy is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Windows 10 Kiosk Mode Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Kiosk Mode Edge Browser: Hi. I am running a computer in Windows 10 Pro In Kiosk Mode (Assigned Access) and this will run a Single Microsoft store app in full screen. The app running is Windows Edge running a single URL to my company's server. Kiosk mode restricts the users from accessing desktop,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kiosk mode only edge windows 10 pro