Windows 10: On-Screen Keyboard nor laptop or wired keyboard will type "L" or "O" after Windows Update....

Discus and support On-Screen Keyboard nor laptop or wired keyboard will type "L" or "O" after Windows Update.... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I thought I was really smart when I pulled up the on-screen keyboard to bypass what may or not be the result of water damage. I had already managed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by La_Mama, Jun 10, 2020.

1. La_Mama Win User

On-Screen Keyboard nor laptop or wired keyboard will type "L" or "O" after Windows Update....

I thought I was really smart when I pulled up the on-screen keyboard to bypass what may or not be the result of water damage.

I had already managed to create a workaround around water damage a few weeks old with a wire keyboard, but this specific 'damage' coincides directly with a Windows Update.

What can I do to get in?

And, after addressing the above:

Any ideas for recovering my hard-drive files into my Passport somehow?

Lenovo IdeaPad S144 15\WL

Model Name: 81MV

Serial No. PF1M6RDE

:)

La_Mama, Jun 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Keyboard not typing letters

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I would suggest you to try the Onscreen keyboard and check if it helps.

Please have a look at this article and check if it helps. Even though the article is for Windows 8.1, the option to enable the onscreen keyboard is the same.

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type

After you are able to log in, I would suggest you to change the log in option or you may follow the steps provided by Neha Gupta to update the drivers and check if it helps.

Thank you.

Rohit Chettri, Jun 10, 2020
  4. On-Screen Keyboard nor laptop or wired keyboard will type "L" or "O" after Windows Update....

O with two dots not working on Finnish keyboard

None of the methods suggested by Ramesh Kumar helped. I have two identical wired Dell USB keyboards, and both of them - the new one practically unused - works exactly the same way as the older one (one year in use): Does produce o with two dots on my old
    laptop running Windows 10 Pro and does not do so on this new desktop running Windows 10 Pro. So there is no way this can be a hardware issue. According to Device Manager - Keyboards - HID Keyboard Device Properties - Driver tab, the driver in use is version
    10.0.15063.0, Driver Provider Microsoft, date 21.6.2006 on both the computers, so this can not be a keyboard driver issue either. These are basic wired keyboards meant for office use, with no fancy programmable keys and as far as I know, no special drivers
    available.

The on-screen keyboard does not produce o with two dots on this new desktop. What next?

Marko T_376, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

On-Screen Keyboard nor laptop or wired keyboard will type "L" or "O" after Windows Update....

1. On-Screen Keyboard nor laptop or wired keyboard will type "L" or "O" after Windows Update.... - Similar Threads - Screen Keyboard nor

2. Laptop and On-screen Keyboards Not typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop and On-screen Keyboards Not typing: My Laptop Keyboard and on-screen keyboard are not "working", it does show on the on screen keyboard that the keys are being pressed when I press key, but for some reason I can't type my password, in short the keyboards work for anything except typing my password so I can log...
  3. Laptop and On-screen Keyboards Not typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop and On-screen Keyboards Not typing: My Laptop Keyboard and on-screen keyboard are not "working", it does show on the on screen keyboard that the keys are being pressed when I press key, but for some reason I can't type my password, in short the keyboards work for anything except typing my password so I can log...
  4. Keyboards and on-screen keyboard typing not working at laptop sign-in screen, but works at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboards and on-screen keyboard typing not working at laptop sign-in screen, but works at...: Hello! My laptop keyboard isn't working as well as my onscreen keyboard. I tried plugging in an external keyboard but it also wasn't typing even after I switched ports. I'm stuck at the sign-in screen and can't access anything else, but the thing is, when I clicked on "I...
  5. Keyboards and on-screen keyboard typing not working at laptop sign-in screen, but works at...

Keyboards and on-screen keyboard typing not working at laptop sign-in screen, but works at...: Hello! My laptop keyboard isn't working as well as my onscreen keyboard. I tried plugging in an external keyboard but it also wasn't typing even after I switched ports. I'm stuck at the sign-in screen and can't access anything else, but the thing is, when I clicked on "I...
  6. WINDOWS 11 Keyboard Typing Noise S O L U T I O N

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 11 Keyboard Typing Noise S O L U T I O N: Control Panel>Ease of access>Filter Keys>Down at the bottom, Other Settings>Beep when keys are pressed or accepted>Uncheck box, click apply!I just figured this out after farting around in my computer settings and god, allmighty, I am so relieved. I hope this helps or finds...
  7. WINDOWS 11 Keyboard Typing Noise S O L U T I O N

WINDOWS 11 Keyboard Typing Noise S O L U T I O N: Control Panel>Ease of access>Filter Keys>Down at the bottom, Other Settings>Beep when keys are pressed or accepted>Uncheck box, click apply!I just figured this out after farting around in my computer settings and god, allmighty, I am so relieved. I hope this helps or finds...
  8. Wired keyboard spamming with laptop..

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wired keyboard spamming with laptop..: Hello, I have been struggling with my laptop for the past 1 week.the main problem is that my main keyboard of the laptop is old and not working except for a few keys. So, I have bought a keyboard external wired. It did work very badly. repeating keys continuously if one...
  9. My laptop keyboard is typing \.ad3 when I press l

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop keyboard is typing \.ad3 when I press l: Hi, I am losing the will and hope someone can help me. I know a similar question has been asked a gazillion times and I have followed the various advice provided I am still getting issues with certain letters, mainly the l, o and 9. l = \.ad3fs and \.ad3fsk o = 0qe...
  10. On-Screen Keyboard nor ANY Keyboard laptop or wired will type "L" or "O." Stuck @ Windows...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    On-Screen Keyboard nor ANY Keyboard laptop or wired will type "L" or "O." Stuck @ Windows...: I thought I was really smart when I pulled up the on-screen keyboard to bypass what may or not be the result of water damage. Keyboard has been malfunctioning since then but it was improving. I have no warranty on it. What can I do to get in? After addressing the above:...