Windows 10: On Screen Keyboard on startup

Discus and support On Screen Keyboard on startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; is there a way to disable the on screen keyboard on startup? I don't need it on my desktops or my Surface pro any help would be awesome. Ta... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shugs81, Aug 17, 2015.

1. shugs81 Win User

On Screen Keyboard on startup

is there a way to disable the on screen keyboard on startup?

I don't need it on my desktops or my Surface pro

any help would be awesome.

Ta peeps

:)

shugs81, Aug 17, 2015

2. On-screen keyboard keep appearing during Startup

Hello Clois,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

Suggest you check with the below settings and see if it fix the issue.

* Click Start button, type Control Panel and select the same when it appears.

* Navigate to Ease of Access > Ease of Access Center > Use the computer without a mouse or key board

* Ensure that Use on-screen keyboard check box is not selected.
    If it is selected, then uncheck the same

* Click Apply/OK

Now reboot your PC and see if the problem still appears.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 17, 2015
  3. RUDI-54 Win User
    On-screen keyboard keep appearing during Startup

I have the same question.

RUDI-54, Aug 17, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

1. On Screen Keyboard on startup - Similar Threads - Screen Keyboard startup

2. startup screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    startup screen: Has anyone else had this. When i startup Windows the screen is well out of focus, once my home screen comes on it is fine. George https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-screen/9b40a5d4-e9c5-47fd-a740-6738d235f28c
  3. Startup screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup screen: Hi, Had to re-image my computer to eliminate a problem, I used a Macrium Reflect image. To use Macrium Reflect image I first placed Macrium Reflect rescue disc in ODD.,selected Macrium Reflect image and re-image commenced, and completed successfully. Problem is now gone,...
  4. On screen keyboard appears on startup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    On screen keyboard appears on startup.: BACKGROUND: I have a new surface pro6 with keyboard cover and a desktop machine. Both run Win10 pro. The Surface pro 6 is a replacement since the first one's WIFI system failed. At some point when setting up the original SP6, I must have clicked something which allowed...
  5. Keyboard not registering on startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Keyboard not registering on startup: My computer sometimes does this thing where when I start my computer up it doesn't allow me to type, so I have to restart, And then it does it multiple times until it finally somehow works. Also, when I restart my computer and it makes my computer run slower. I've tried many...
  6. Fast-startup and keyboard boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast-startup and keyboard boot: Normally I would use the sleep button or a shortcut(shutdown -s -t) to turn the desktop off. Lately though ive been using the Start button and shutting down and i've noticed that all it takes for me to turn on the computer is to hit any key. Now I know that Windows 10 uses...
  7. Unable to login. Mouse & keyboard disabled on startup screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to login. Mouse & keyboard disabled on startup screen.: I opened my laptop to a blue screen asking to select default language (not seen this before). Selected UK. Next screen indicated default OS as Windows rollback, so changed to Win 10. Now on startup am unable to access mouse or keyboard to login. I have saved all data in Safe...
  8. Mouse & keyboard disabled on startup screen. Unable to login.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse & keyboard disabled on startup screen. Unable to login.: I opened my laptop to a blue screen asking to select default language (not seen this before). Selected UK. Next screen indicated default OS as Windows rollback, so changed to Win 10. Now on startup am unable to access mouse or keyboard to login. I have saved all data in Safe...
  9. Keyboard not working on startup, driver_power_state_error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard not working on startup, driver_power_state_error: I have been having an issue with my computer (ASUS X550Z laptop) where the keyboard does not work on startup after I installed Windows 10. When the problem first arose several months ago the keyboard would kick in if I waited a few minutes, now I have to restart my computer...
  10. Windows10 freezing on startup with a select keyboard screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows10 freezing on startup with a select keyboard screen: I was having problems with wifi and down loaded the setup file from the router manufacture site. When I tried to run the file the PC restarted and froze at select keyboard screen. Keyboard and mouse are both inoperative. Hard shutdown and restart produces the same result. So...